Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1085 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc

[Merged] Does Anyone Know How To CHANGE your Username

I'd like to know if it's possible to CHANGE my username ..... Wanna keep hiding from those stoooples spies etc... thx!
22 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1081 posts
101 upvotes
i don't think it is possible....but i guess you can ask a mod.....you never know....
i'm sure some people would LOVE to change their usernames!!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5573 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
Generally, we don't allow people to change usernames as it causes too much confusion. Furthermore, if we allowed one person to change their names, we'd have to allow everyone to do it which would result in an administration nightmare.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes
Derek wrote:Generally, we don't allow people to change usernames as it causes too much confusion. Furthermore, if we allowed one person to change their names, we'd have to allow everyone to do it which would result in an administration nightmare.

hahah.

I wish I could change my username too. I came here, registered just for a PM. Since nobody can resist RFD, I was addicted. Then I got 700+ posts, don't want to start back at 0 now.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
mtevel wrote:I'd like to know if it's possible to CHANGE my username ..... Wanna keep hiding from those stoooples spies etc... thx!
Sure, you just don't want to remembered for starting that flower thread everywhere. :lol:
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Ojam wrote:Sure, you just don't want to remembered for starting that flower thread everywhere. :lol:
Which is the main reason why changing usernames isn't enabled.

Just imagine how many VD/Cummer wannabes would be changing their names once they make a complete fool of themselves.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
yeah, even on eBay I wish it wasn't allowed. Too confusing.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1085 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
this isnt in the faq, but it doesnt look to be possible... oh well....
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
33 posts
hello i didnt know where to put this but i'd like to change my username
this is so it's in line with my <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a> and heatware account to show good feedback
old name - musak99
new name - eon90210

thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5573 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
We do not change usernames unless there are some special circumstances. With that in mind, your best bet is to let us know that you want to close this account to open another with another name. We do not allow more than one account per user.
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
33 posts
but my post count my post count! yes i know it's nothing to be proud of but still...and that i would consider a special circumstance =)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
This would be a nice feature to have, although it would be difficult to implement. I've thought about changing my user name & wishing there was a way for me to transfer my posts #'s to a new username.
BUt I have to live with teh consequences.

I figure that some users may outgrow thier username after a few years. It would be nice if it was a feature available to you after you reach a certain number of posts?

I guess this is why people need to take precaution when choosing a username. Its almost like getting a tatoo. Once you have it its with you for life.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5334 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
i dont like to change usernames.

I have used this nickname since i got into computers.

i use it any forum or any stie i join.

so if you guys see Hughg that most likely is me lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
1440 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Why not try changing usernames on heatware or <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a>. I know on <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>eBay</a> you can change your username without any problems.
Proud member of RFD for over 12 YEARS!
Heatware (64-0-0)
Layin' the smackdown on RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3810 posts
58 upvotes
peoples_Flip wrote:Why not try changing usernames on heatware or <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a>. I know on <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>eBay</a> you can change your username without any problems.
Ye i agree with him, you can easily change uesernames on <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a> and heatware
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5573 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
If we allow username changes it becomes problematic for moderation. This is especially true if a user is buying and selling as people dealing with them would have a hard time figuring out who's who. It's also be difficult for moderators to keep track of who they have warned, etc.
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
33 posts
okay. thanks. derek do i talk to you for accoutn deletion?
i just have to finish some buisness i have using this name then ill open a new one
thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
why don't you just change your username for ebay?
I know <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a> is easy to change your user ID
Banned
Feb 8, 2005
33 posts
because musak99 is what i used a long time, kinda a spam name
eon90210 has been my real username for years now
i came across this website through 1 link signed up..used musak99
didn't know i'd actually stick around!!! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)