Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido $57 Promo Plan - now down to $56 - first month free!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2013 5:08 am
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver Island
johnmoon wrote: Tried Rogers, no go
They offered me the same plan with 1G for $60 then 3G for 70

Probably need to another time :(
Rogers retentions isn't what it used to be unfortunately. I just talked to them a couple of days ago and they offered me the same as what they offered you, but after going back and forth they finally said they'd give me the 3GB option for $65, including canada-wide minutes. I didn't take it as it's quite a bit more than my current plan with them (sig below), but they left the notes on my account with transaction ID in case I change my mind. Funny thing, they looked at my current plan and they can't even match it right now, said I had too many credits (4 in total), and now they only allow 2 credits max (one for voice and one for data), but I'm not sure if that's just a line I was fed or whether it's true.

I was really hoping for some kind of family share plan but all they offered were outrageous $120+/month plans. I'm going to look at our corp plans with Bell next week and see if they can do something so I can finally add my wife on my line and get her an iphone 5.
Dec 4, 2012
14 posts
MISSISSAUGA
^Sell me your plan haha

I pay about 3-4 dollars more for only 500MB and no LongDistance mins or International text...sad thing is i've been with them for about 5+ years

I really want this $56 plan and hope they PriceMatch me easily... (5 months left in contract)
SANI--
@IAMFNAMAZIN
Feb 9, 2008
570 posts
128 upvotes
I'm on a 3 year contact with Fido (got the iphone 4 back then but have Galaxy Nexus now), with 8 more months till it ends and they wouldn't let me switch to this plan. Anyone else have any luck with switching?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
AMAZ1N wrote: I heard they PM to A 55 dollar plan with 1GB only, what did ypu say to them and how much into the contract were you.
Only 6 months into a 3 year. Called, said pm or ill leave, they pmed. Well I technically have 3gb, so more than the Fido offer. He said he can only credit it down to $65, I said that ill just leave then. He said $55. Bobs your uncle.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2086 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
Are you call calling retentions just to get this price matched with Rogers? I'm wanting to get this price matched, but don't want my contract extended, and don't plan on cancelling.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
nanikramrohra wrote: Can anyone please send me referral for Fido so we both save $25 each. My details are below:

First Name: Shobha ; Last Name: Bai, Email: nanikramrohra@yahoo.com

Thanks
I sent you an invite, I bet you received a few of them already :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
dassub wrote: Are you call calling retentions just to get this price matched with Rogers? I'm wanting to get this price matched, but don't want my contract extended, and don't plan on cancelling.
Essentially. I'd never leave Rogers but that doesn't stop me from threatening it haha.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
techfox wrote: This couldn't be further from the truth.
Sure Rogers / Fido still have their 2G GSM network, but that definitely does not mean their network is better than Telus / Bell's 3G only network.

You get better coverage (in all the major areas) with Telus / Bell than Rogers. I have both a Telus and Fido phones and have traveled extensively in the southern Ontario / Quebec area. I have colleagues who travel extensively in Alberta and BC. I don't know of a single person who has said Rogers/Fido 2G/3G is superior to Bell / Telus's 3G network.
I am on Koodo in Montreal, and was on Fido before, with Bell for my work phone. I can attest that Bell or Rogers have better coverage here. Telus still has some dead zones, and inside buildings and Metro stations Rogers and Bell work better. Having said that Telus/Koodo have been investing heavily in Quebec and their service keeps improving.

Traditionally, Rogers and Bell have the best coverage in the East, Telus in the west.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Speedv1 wrote: Essentially. I'd never leave Rogers but that doesn't stop me from threatening it haha.
Why not? I've been on Fido over a decade, but if suddenly XYZ carrier offered a killer deal and Fido didn't, I'd definitely consider leaving, as long as I could port my number over and they have a decent network (ie. not Mobilicity). However, it seems Fido is usually pretty competitive. They're not always the price leaders (like they are with the $56 plan) but they usually can work something out to compete.

Competition is good. And it seems Rogers is doing the same - working something out to compete. In fact, their retentions plan with 3 GB is a pretty decent deal.
randomroyalty wrote: I am on Koodo in Montreal, and was on Fido before, with Bell for my work phone. I can attest that Bell or Rogers have better coverage here. Telus still has some dead zones, and inside buildings and Metro stations Rogers and Bell work better. Having said that Telus/Koodo have been investing heavily in Quebec and their service keeps improving.

Traditionally, Rogers and Bell have the best coverage in the East, Telus in the west.
Makes sense. Fido was a Montreal company, and Rogers and Bell were big national carriers already, whereas Telus was western Canada. That said, Telus bought ClearNET to widen its reach, but I thought ClearNET coverage sucked in Toronto way back when.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
EugW wrote: Why not? I've been on Fido over a decade, but if suddenly XYZ carrier offered a killer deal and Fido didn't, I'd definitely consider leaving, as long as I could port my number over and they have a decent network (ie. not Mobilicity). However, it seems Fido is usually pretty competitive. They're not always the price leaders (like they are with the $56 plan) but they usually can work something out to compete.

Competition is good. And it seems Rogers is doing the same - working something out to compete. In fact, their retentions plan with 3 GB is a pretty decent deal.
I suppose I would be willing to leave Rogers but my past experience with them has led me to believe that they'll always 1up the competitors for me (retentions). They seem to give me a new phone every 6 months or so for near free too, so that's nice of them.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Speedv1 wrote: I suppose I would be willing to leave Rogers but my past experience with them has led me to believe that they'll always 1up the competitors for me (retentions).
Yes, I've been relatively satisfied with the Fido deals I've been getting, although it's unfortunate that mostly they need to be through retentions. The $56 deal is a nice change though. Front and centre advertising for a good deal, although the added incentive of the Razr HD was not advertised.
They seem to give me a new phone every 6 months or so for near free too, so that's nice of them.
New phone every 6 months? High end smartphone? If so, I'd stay with them too. ;)
Apr 15, 2004
593 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
how do u get the razr hd for $50? and is it a 2 year or 3 year contract

also for the $0 + $150 gc galaxy nexus promo with bestbuy, is it available for renewel or it must be new activation from bestbuy
Aug 7, 2010
689 posts
147 upvotes
syncmaster wrote: how do u get the razr hd for $50? and is it a 2 year or 3 year contract
Motorola razr hd 2 year contract http://www.fido.ca/web/content/catalogue/razrhd
syncmaster wrote: $0 + $150 gc galaxy nexus promo with bestbuy, is it available for renewel or it must be new activation from bestbuy
I think it's available for both renewel & new activation
Mar 29, 2010
797 posts
186 upvotes
if they do 50 bucks straight (no tax no hidden fees, straight 50) i might cancel my wind and switch...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
syncmaster wrote: also for the $0 + $150 gc galaxy nexus promo with bestbuy, is it available for renewel or it must be new activation from bestbuy
Wow, that's an excellent deal. They pay you $150 to activate the Galaxy Nexus, with a 2-year agreement.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... b2a503en02

So, by renewal, does that mean if you sign on for 2-year agreement, even a lower-end retention plan would qualify?

Also, what's the lowest cost 2-year agreement that is acceptable for the Razr HD deal?
jjege wrote: if they do 50 bucks straight (no tax no hidden fees, straight 50) i might cancel my wind and switch...
You can try, but I doubt they'll do that.
Dec 8, 2012
26 posts
11 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Guys,

I want to get an iphone 5. Should I wait for better plans till Christams or I would get better plans in January? The berst I see is Fido for $56. I am currently with Wind. Any advice would be great.
Dec 8, 2012
95 posts
35 upvotes
Georgetown
I have 5 lines with Rogers. I called a couple of times to try to get them to match this. I ended up with a family unlimited plan (local + ld calling, texting, mms) with the 12.95 value pack (CID, VM, VVM+) included with each line and 10GB of shared data. I think there may be 100 international texts in there somewhere too. After discounts, it worked out to just under $50 per line. Plus they sold me a discounted Note 2 and iPhone with no early upgrade fees ($260 waived) and no admin fees. I probably could have pushed for more but I'm happy. Just keep calling back if you don't like what they are offering. Eventually you will get a rep that is willing to help you.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
once they offer a giftcard to go with the razor HD, Ill jump on it. The phone is amazing.
Apr 15, 2004
593 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone able to get the koodo $45 (500 MB 300 daytime 5PM evenings) plan on fido for new activation?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)