Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Dell] Fongo.com - Talk Freely To The World - FREE MOBILE Phone Service!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2017 2:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7429 posts
2007 upvotes
Everything is green now.
http://status.fongo.com/
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.32). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7429 posts
2007 upvotes
RBK wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 10:46 am
How often does this happen with their reliability? Thinking of porting over but if this is a frequent issue then I may think otherwise.
It's rare. Last time Fibernetics, Fongo's parent company, had an issue that I know of was on October 8th, 2015, and the problem was resolved by 8 a.m.
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.32). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9524 posts
2736 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 10:59 am
It said that even when the problem existed. Rather, they didn't change system notice to indicate a problem.
It's also possible that when the problem existed it was localized to a single router rather than a system wide outage. Their engineering people didn't know that at the time so they started with the broader assumption.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7429 posts
2007 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 11:21 am
It's also possible that when the problem existed it was localized to a single router rather than a system wide outage
Do you happen to work for them? You're in Waterloo. I can forward all my future complaints to you. Winking Face
If not, I could complain to you, and you could just pop over and complain to them for us. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
http://www.fibernetics.ca/contact-us/

Fongo Mobile server, 162.213.111.27, wasn't working.

voip.freephoneline.ca, voip2.freephoneline.ca, and voip4.freephoneline.ca weren't responding either.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9524 posts
2736 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 11:29 am
Do you happen to work for them?
Nope. Nor for TextNow, also in Waterloo.
I can forward all my future complaints to you. Winking Face
Feel free. But you'll find that my communications reliability is a lot lower than theirs ;)

Or you could forward your feedback directly to them on Fongo User Forums.
veni, vidi, Visa

Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7429 posts
2007 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 12:32 pm

Or you could forward your feedback directly to them on Fongo User Forums.
I was joking, but for Fongo Mobile users, they're typically more responsive via https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Jun 1, 2016
343 posts
160 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 11:45 pm
Can I somehow port out all my SMS conversations to another device? Apparently the SMS conversations are saved locally on the device. Any way to move them? According to Fongo FAQ there is no export function, backup-restore, but I'm thinking I might be able to copy the Fongo folder to the new device?

Want to install a custom ROM on my Nexus 4 but I don't want to lose any of my convo's. want to use the tablet instead.
Titanium backup, works well to keep the conversations within the Fongo app on a fresh setup, not to move them to another app
Bless RedFlagDeals for:
$39 - 6gb Data, Unlimited Talk & Text | 1000 International Minutes | Spotify for LIFE = Virgin Mobile
$45 - 100 mbps, Unlimited, No Contract, 2 Year Price Guarantee = CanNet (Rogers Reseller)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
6610 posts
927 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote:
Dec 26th, 2016 5:08 pm
Titanium backup, works well to keep the conversations within the Fongo app on a fresh setup, not to move them to another app
So restoring the backup to another device that has fongo installed would not work?
Jun 1, 2016
343 posts
160 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 26th, 2016 5:22 pm
So restoring the backup to another device that has fongo installed would not work?
It should as long as you're using TiB
Bless RedFlagDeals for:
$39 - 6gb Data, Unlimited Talk & Text | 1000 International Minutes | Spotify for LIFE = Virgin Mobile
$45 - 100 mbps, Unlimited, No Contract, 2 Year Price Guarantee = CanNet (Rogers Reseller)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
6610 posts
927 upvotes
I believe TiB requires root doesn't it? I don't think the LG G PAD III has any bootlock unlocking options.
Jul 21, 2006
837 posts
135 upvotes
how to prevent fongo from disconnecting android
Feb 27, 2008
146 posts
40 upvotes
Fongo stopped free calls from Canada to USA.

Which other apps do you recommend for free Calls to US?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9524 posts
2736 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
nurddin wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2017 3:22 am
Fongo stopped free calls from Canada to USA.
Oh? They never offered free calling to the US. AFAIK it was always free only to Canadian numbers,
Which other apps do you recommend for free Calls to US?
Google Voice/Talk/Hangouts 9um, Google for details), as well as TextNow, et al
veni, vidi, Visa

Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1484 posts
922 upvotes
Has anyone used Fongo on iPhone 7? Not sure if there were any hardware audio codec changes from iPhone SE to iPhone 7 Plus.

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 7 Plus but want to make sure Fongo works just as well (if not better) on both devices.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3288 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I have fongo on iPhone with Fido data only sim. Outgoing calls are fine, however I can't hear anything on incoming calls, just dead silence... still have no clue how to fix it...

Is there a way to integrate fongo on your iPhone dialer or can you only dial with the fongo app?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel