Page 68 of 95

Re: Fongo.com - Talk Freely To The World - FREE MOBILE Phone Service!

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 8:40 am
by ceredon
redseed wrote: I would like to port my Fongo number when I activate a new WIND plan. Does anyone know if Fongo will restrict this, or if they will deliberately make this difficult? I am not using their Home Phone, just their original, free VoIP service.

I imagine the things I'll need are my Fongo #, Customer Number, and name+address that Fongo has on file? Also, for carrier name, would I put Fongo Inc.? FreePhoneLine?

If any has experience, or knows the process, it'd be really helpful! I'm looking to port out from Fongo ASAP.
I think you contact Wind and have them initiate the port. I don't think Fongo is really involved nor do I think they can make it difficult, given the number portability regulations.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 11:00 am
by Jonavin
You can port out a number that was originally assigned by Fongo. It doesn't have to be a previously port in. I've done it. It does take about a week, like when you port a land line.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 2:46 pm
by yoshim
I noticed the Dell Voice app changed to Fongo.

Is this the best Android free long distance app? I am looking for one that doesn't start up automatically upon boot up (this app does not have the option to disable auto-start up).

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 4:06 pm
by bylo
yoshim wrote: Is this the best Android free long distance app?
No. But it's the only one I'm aware of that gives you a free Canadian phone number.
I am looking for one that doesn't start up automatically upon boot up (this app does not have the option to disable auto-start up).
It's a longstanding irritant for some of us. I don't know why Fongo refuses to listen to their users on that issue.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 5:05 pm
by RT Wolf
Your phone has to be rooted (which is fairly easy depending on which phone you have and easy to reverse usually) and then you can use this app to stop Fongo from autostarting https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... N0YXJ0cyJd

Anyone find better voice quality with today's update?

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 5:38 pm
by alanbrenton
Nice. Call quality was also good a couple of months back but I'm open to more improvements.

Any free app that does just that?
RT Wolf wrote: Your phone has to be rooted (which is fairly easy depending on which phone you have and easy to reverse usually) and then you can use this app to stop Fongo from autostarting https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... N0YXJ0cyJd

Anyone find better voice quality with today's update?

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 7:03 pm
by RT Wolf
Google turned this up with a 5 app limit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 3JGcmVlIl0.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 10:41 pm
by bylo
What about Startup Manager (Free)?[QUOTE]Product Features:
- Master of Android system's startup entry management
- Intelligently analyze and monitor all system startup entries (include user applications and system processes) in the background
- Safely disable any undesired application or process from auto-startup at device boot
- One click to view detailed properties for each startup entry
- Disabled startup entries are stored for future restoration
- Add your favorite applications (including 3rd party user apps or system apps) to system startup[/QUOTE]

Posted: Dec 17th, 2012 3:28 pm
by dellvoice
Removed

Posted: Dec 17th, 2012 4:01 pm
by djino
dellvoice wrote: My friend just told me a site https://sipsetting.appspot.com/indexprivate.html , you need pay CAD$10 to recover Fongo's unlock keys for up to 2 accounts. Not sure why limit 2 accounts, may not want offense Fongo too much. Just want to share the information with your guys. The site always change the url for some reason. You need act quick.
Lol. How legit is that. Can anyone confirm it works?

Djino

Posted: Dec 17th, 2012 4:10 pm
by ceredon
djino wrote: Lol. How legit is that. Can anyone confirm it works?

Djino
a) first time poster
b) it's basically stealing from Fongo which is a very small Canadian company. I am all for going as cheap as possible, but not that far.
c) "The site always change the url for some reason" I can think of a couple reasons
d) if they are willing to steal from Fongo, think they will have any qualms about doing the same to you?

I don't know. Seems sketchy to me.

Posted: Dec 17th, 2012 4:14 pm
by dellvoice
It works for me. I live in US and want a Canadian Number. I can't download apps. So my friend told me the link. I created a Dell Voice account, got a Canadian number, and got unlock keys for my softphone with the tool.

Posted: Dec 18th, 2012 9:42 am
by alanbrenton
bylo wrote: What about Startup Manager (Free)?
Anyone tried the app? The developer doesn't even provide enough distinguishable features for the paid version. Seems like the entire app description was copied and pasted onto the paid version. :(

Posted: Dec 21st, 2012 11:47 am
by social17
using the dell voice desktop app but somehow i cant dial any digits when in a call for example enter a auto attendant prompt.

is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2012 11:58 am
by danindundas
Work around Dell Voice Dial Pad Issue for PC.

This is only a work around, Dell Voice should really fix their issue by updating Dell Voice to work with Java.

As of now, Dell Voice for PC version 1.1.1.0 only works with Java 6.25 32bit version. This is what I did after days of searching the Internet and it works for me. Hope it does the same for you.

I am running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit, but I am sure it will work with Windows 32 bit as well (have not tested the 32 bit version of Windows)

1) Uninstall all Java and reboot the computer.
2) Download Dell Voice PC version 1.1.1.0. This installation packet comes with Java 6.25 32 bit included.
3) Run the installation, it will install Java 6.25 and then Dell Voice for PC.
4) Reboot the computer, your Dell Voice Dial pad should work now.
5) I find that Java keeps on bugging me to update so I go into Control Panel, double click on Java and click on the Update tab, uncheck the Check for updates automatically box, and click on never to turn off Java updates.

Because I am running Windows 8 Pro 64bit so I am wondering if I could have both Java 32 bit and Java 64 running at the same time, but that is another post.

Good Luck and enjoy your free calls.

Posted: Dec 31st, 2012 7:10 pm
by spol
Jonavin wrote: You can port out a number that was originally assigned by Fongo. It doesn't have to be a previously port in. I've done it. It does take about a week, like when you port a land line.
I tried that today but the girl in the wind store told me there is no Fongo or Dell in their list of companies that numbers can be ported from and she didn't know how to do it.

Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 8:06 am
by JWL
yoshim wrote: Is this the best Android free long distance app? I am looking for one that doesn't start up automatically upon boot up (this app does not have the option to disable auto-start up).
bylo wrote: No. But it's the only one I'm aware of that gives you a free Canadian phone number.
OK, so what is the best free long distance app?

Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 8:46 am
by bylo
LD to where? Within Canada, Fongo. Within NA, Google Voice. Overseas, GV and Skype offer very low rates. When you can call somewhere for 2¢/min ($1.20 and hour) it's essentially free.

Posted: Jan 9th, 2013 7:16 am
by kocoman
I tried the $10 link at post #1351 but it says

[QUOTE]Sorry! Service is not available.

I want to convert Dell Voice softphone # into voip hardware box, but only pay a one time fee... it looks like its all $4.95/month now only..

Posted: Jan 9th, 2013 8:24 am
by colesy
Look into freephoneline.ca its run by Fongo, but you can port a number and pay the fee for the unlock keys and no monthly fee.