Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Merged] Free Sony Wifi reader with new Sony MC

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2012 3:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
onetruguju wrote: I'm bringing this old thread back to life...
I havent received my ebook reader...

Just got a call today - and was told that i'm (along with another 100 people) getting their 'new' reader - one thats not released yet..
Asked for the product code, and the lady on the phone didnt have one...
Have to wait till end of August...

Hope the wait is worth it.
Their newest unreleased eReader would be the PRS-T2. No clue what features it will come with or the price tag though.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
onetruguju wrote: I'm bringing this old thread back to life...
I havent received my ebook reader...

Just got a call today - and was told that i'm (along with another 100 people) getting their 'new' reader - one thats not released yet..
Asked for the product code, and the lady on the phone didnt have one...
Have to wait till end of August...

Hope the wait is worth it.
they gave me a lot of run around as well.

first shipped end of April, but I was outside the country and it got sent back to SONY.
i was in town again for 2 weeks in May, called it, they said they'd ship it, but never did.
often they said we'll call you back with a confirmation, but never did.
said they'd ship it end of may, but never did.

ultimately after lots of back and forth, i had it shipped and received it yesterday.

note: purolator won't let anyone pick it up on your behalf without prior notification from SONY. so let SONY know in case you won't be there to receive or pick up package.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Their newest unreleased eReader would be the PRS-T2. No clue what features it will come with or the price tag though.
Sold my unused reader for $100 last week.

The next release will only drive prices down more.

Figured if I was sitting with it since April, I really didn't need/want it.

Selling my case, but no nibbles yet. (I'm sure one of my children will find a use for it)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
IDStorms wrote: Sold my unused reader for $100 last week.

The next release will only drive prices down more.

Figured if I was sitting with it since April, I really didn't need/want it.

Selling my case, but no nibbles yet. (I'm sure one of my children will find a use for it)
which case is it? and how much? link me BST thread?
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
looked up the specs on the proposed T2 - it looks like its going to have Overdrive installed...
whatever it is - free is good for me!
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
mbk.2k3 wrote: which case is it? and how much? link me BST thread?
It's actually listed somewhere in this thread, but I just sold it this weekend for $14.

Being from Montreal, it wouldn't have been worth it to you once shipping is added.

Here it is...
IDStorms wrote: Online they show as $5, but are they the same price in store?

Save 83 %
List Price: $29.95
Online Price: $5.00

Check to see if this item is available in a store near you.

* Prices may vary in store.

Never mind... Phoned store and they're on sale as well... He said he also has some at $2.

Update: Picked up this case in store for $5... The $2 selection are silicone for the older models.

Lots of choice in the Pointe-Claire QC store.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Does anyone know if cases designed for the Kindle 4 will fit the PRST1? Meritline has thisi case with built in light, sometimes it's on sale for like $5.
http://www.meritline.com/leather-case-c ... 82344.aspx
If it could fit the PRST1 it might be a good deal. Anyone know?
If memory serves me correctly, I think the bottom right corner might cover/interfere with the power button on your Sony.

The Kobo cover's botton right strap did something similar, and it looks the same size as yours.

[IMG]http://dynamic.images.indigo.ca/gifts/8 ... ue&csvids=[/IMG]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
IDStorms wrote: If memory serves me correctly, I think the bottom right corner might cover/interfere with the power button on your Sony.

The Kobo cover's botton right strap did something similar, and it looks the same size as yours.

[IMG]http://dynamic.images.indigo.ca/gifts/8 ... ue&csvids=[/IMG]
Yeah I have mine in the Kobo case you posted, but in green. It fits alright. Just wanted a case with an attached light. Nothing has come close to my Kindle case with the light built right into the case that draws power directly from the Kindle. Wish other e-readers would copy this feature.
Dec 28, 2010
83 posts
17 upvotes
Finally got my free ebook today.. it's the PRS-T2... called also today to cancel the credit card :facepalm: