Entertainment

The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:02 am
Mar 30, 2015
251 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User994301 wrote: Thanks. Does the Bay sell lego in-store?
Yes, but not all stores. Some stores do not carry any toys at all.
Those that have a toy section may have limited stocks but you could ask the cashier to order it for you if they don't have it in the store. I tried this before and cashier told me they will not charge me any shipping cost. Cashier needs the SKU (?) to order an item.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
City Square is 26% off (down to 169.99 instead of 229.99) on amazon.ca
Cheaper than Costco!

Anyone own this set and could share feedback?
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Jan 14, 2010
268 posts
133 upvotes
matt4670 wrote: People helping people!
You *bleeping* rock. Thank you! I was just trying to plan how the heck to escape the kids to go to walmart and not miss too much work. You saved the day!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote: City Square is 26% off (down to 169.99 instead of 229.99) on amazon.ca
Cheaper than Costco!

It's good big set with lots of play value. Review:

I really want to pick this up but I spent too much on Lego this year already.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Apr 9, 2006
130 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
MoneyHypeMike wrote: City Square is 26% off (down to 169.99 instead of 229.99) on amazon.ca
Cheaper than Costco!

BB also has this available for pre(?)-order for the same price - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/leg ... 13949cen02

Assuming they have stock, this would make for easier return if you end up with buyer's remorse. 13 sets are reportedly available.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
number8888 wrote: It's good big set with lots of play value. Review:

Thanks and it's a nice review. Must buy!
rcheng_88 wrote: BB also has this available for pre(?)-order for the same price - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/leg ... 13949cen02

Assuming they have stock, this would make for easier return if you end up with buyer's remorse. 13 sets are reportedly available.
I totally forgot Best Buy sold LEGO lol... I'm going to get the Police Station and the Train Station.
City Square sold out on Amazon.ca, guess i'll get it from Best Buy too!
Thanks!

EDIT: Seems like indigo updated their web store, Volvo is now part of the BOGO 50% OFF (some LEGO ideas sets too which are not supposed to be!)
Alterna Bank Thread

Nov 6, 2016
322 posts
187 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Ah ok thanks!

Grabbed Doctor's Who at ToysRUs store.
I believe Doctor's Who/Wall-E/Big Bang theory sets are all getting retried this year, so grab them while you can!
They should all be at 55.97$
So the Dr Who's WERE Available in store. Both sets you mentioned are retiring; effectively retired as you won;t get them easily.
Glorious Days when one can (almost) always get LEGO for 20% off or more, and sometimes you need only wait a few months...... Come and talk LEGO here
lego-deal-buyer-addicts-support-circle-2062291
Nov 6, 2016
322 posts
187 upvotes
number8888 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I've spent like $250 or more a month for the past 4 months and have just $200 of that unboxed.....with more boxes outside of that amount. I want this set but....
Glorious Days when one can (almost) always get LEGO for 20% off or more, and sometimes you need only wait a few months...... Come and talk LEGO here
Nov 6, 2016
322 posts
187 upvotes
Would you all stop tempting me?Smiling Face With Open Mouth
matt4670 wrote:
People helping people!

It's what this thread is all about. And hurting wallets/debt levels.Face With Tears Of Joy

kiiaal wrote:

No lie. Flyer clearly states "up to 30% off". Flyer even shows 4 DC sets at 20% off
Well on the website...20%..there;s the lie Smiling Face With Open Mouth And only half the items were on there before the start date so....
stendzme wrote: Brickflag wrote:

They have 25% off these puppies. Some not on sale elsewhere, and right now some of the best discounts...

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 1186215126

Give it a little time to filter just Lego, but if it doesn't work just select "Lego" in brand dropmenu.

----------

Extra 10% off at the Bay with code "HURRY". Not sure if stackable with Lego, but worth a try if something on their site catches you eye.
Nope , it doesn;t work. Do note that I've never seen a Bay offer that does with Lego. They often have ones that say "On Almost Everything" then list a PAGE of small text exclusions, which includes "Toys". They should say "Excludes ALMOST Everything". 25% off on those items "only" but it;s not too shabby.
QTsmum wrote: You *bleeping* rock. Thank you! I was just trying to plan how the heck to escape the kids to go to walmart and not miss too much work. You saved the day!
I said Wednesday it would be on sale but only in store....turns out...it;s now back in stock online too.
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=57278176

Grab it quick as it's disappearing from the wild.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
I know it's sort of blasphemous but thought some of you might be interested:

Mega Block's UCS equivalent of Star Trek TOS Enterprise 3098 pieces is 40% (real discount) off at Amazon for $194.40. It's quite a monster at 85cm long with light up warp nacelles.

Also on sale, the Bridge, Klingon D7 cruiser and Transporter room. I picked up the Bridge and Transporter room as they have amazing detail and, wait for it, ALL PRINTED NO STICKER tiles!!! Did you hear that Lego?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
X24Secret wrote: I know it's sort of blasphemous but thought some of you might be interested:

Mega Block's UCS equivalent of Star Trek TOS Enterprise 3098 pieces is 40% (real discount) off at Amazon for $194.40. It's quite a monster at 85cm long with light up warp nacelles.

Also on sale, the Bridge, Klingon D7 cruiser and Transporter room. I picked up the Bridge and Transporter room as they have amazing detail and, wait for it, ALL PRINTED NO STICKER tiles!!! Did you hear that Lego?
Putting together over 3000 mega bloks pieces is scary. Big chance of missing pieces, clueless instructions, etc.

I like mega bloks call of duty line, but putting them together can be like a roller coaster.

I would love Lego to go all printed pieces, but they are under no threat from Mega bloks. Completely different level of detail, consistency, ease of instructions, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
QTsmum wrote: You *bleeping* rock. Thank you! I was just trying to plan how the heck to escape the kids to go to walmart and not miss too much work. You saved the day!
MoneyHypeMike is the real hero.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
Andro wrote: Putting together over 3000 mega bloks pieces is scary. Big chance of missing pieces, clueless instructions, etc.

I like mega bloks call of duty line, but putting them together can be like a roller coaster.

I would love Lego to go all printed pieces, but they are under no threat from Mega bloks. Completely different level of detail, consistency, ease of instructions, etc.
Humm I also like the COD sets and haven't had trouble even with larger ones. I think MB has really improved this past few years specially.

Lego stickers are honestly the biggest issue I have with some sets. Just look at the Maersk Container Ship set! It's insane and it's absolutely possible for Lego to get them printed but as lon as suckers like me buys the stickered sets, as you mention correctly they are under no pressure to change.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1203 posts
345 upvotes
Ontario
Toys r us. Not a great deal but it's something I guess.
Images
  • IMG_1190.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
alphahunter wrote: Who still has stock of the Dr Who set?
I have seen them today at ToysRUs (in store) and LEGO store (physical).
By the way, if you have a Indigo/Chapters/Coles store near you I suggest you visit it as some of the sets are not available online, but available in store (in my case, The Fortrex).
Alterna Bank Thread

Jan 14, 2010
268 posts
133 upvotes
You did! Thank you! The nearest store is quite far from me. :(

Just got told the set is on BO and they don't know if it'll make it before Christmas. I might try to see if it's at WM and price match. Not cool TRU.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
QTsmum wrote: You did! Thank you! The nearest store is quite far from me. :(

Just got told the set is on BO and they don't know if it'll make it before Christmas. I might try to see if it's at WM and price match. Not cool TRU.
Hopefully, if it comes back you can get the sale price instead of the MSRP.
I don't know if you could contact LEGO customer support and ask them to get it from a physical LEGO Store.

By the way, Swagbucks is offering 8% cashback at the LEGO store right now... along with the double VIP points (10%)...
Probably a good time to buy sets only available at the LEGO store or the ones that never go on sale (except when a 15% OFF everything happens at ToysRUs)!
Alterna Bank Thread

Nov 6, 2016
322 posts
187 upvotes
QTsmum wrote: You did! Thank you! The nearest store is quite far from me. :(

On Wednesday there were none online, just at stores......yesterday there were so I popped the link up, and now..not online again.
Basically if you want it, I'd say grab it if you see it....it "may" not be available again. They can place backorders and they not be fulfilled..

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

Johntheshopper, GoExpos, Chaperi, blai4754, cityhunter