The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:02 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Ah, no you won't find 88002 in the 8293 set.
88002 is only available in Train sets or in that motor package that is not sold anymore.

So your best bet will be buying the Passenger Train (60051) when it's on sale (you get the part you need + another train) otherwise, you are stuck overpaying on eBay.
What are you talking about not sold anymore? All the components can be bought from Lego just fine: https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Power-Functions

I do agree getting a whole new train if it's cheap enough though.
There's a sucker born every minute.
May 24, 2004
360 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off clearance at Toys R Us. Just witnessed a guy buy every single clearance set of LEGO at the Yonge & Eglinton Toys R Us; probably 100+ sets heaped into two carts. Was impressive to see someone spend thousands in one transaction but also a bit annoyed I wasn't able to grab anything myself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Peter Griffin wrote: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off clearance at Toys R Us. Just witnessed a guy buy every single clearance set of LEGO at the Yonge & Eglinton Toys R Us; probably 100+ sets heaped into two carts. Was impressive to see someone spend thousands in one transaction but also a bit annoyed I wasn't able to grab anything myself.
Isn't clearance only on items that ends in .98$?
Last time I went to my ToysRUs there was only 1 set that qualified for that lol.
number8888 wrote: What are you talking about not sold anymore? All the components can be bought from Lego just fine: https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Power-Functions

I do agree getting a whole new train if it's cheap enough though.
My bad, I should have said until it get re-stocked on the LEGO website as it is currently backorder.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2002
2080 posts
433 upvotes
Montreal
Peter Griffin wrote: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off clearance at Toys R Us. Just witnessed a guy buy every single clearance set of LEGO at the Yonge & Eglinton Toys R Us; probably 100+ sets heaped into two carts. Was impressive to see someone spend thousands in one transaction but also a bit annoyed I wasn't able to grab anything myself.
I saw something similar.. all the minifigures the store had.. the guy must have bought 300+ of them... unreal
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Isn't clearance only on items that ends in .98$?
Last time I went to my ToysRUs there was only 1 set that qualified for that lol.
Ya sale items and clearance items aren't the same, like you said clearance ends in .98 so something isn't right.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
swales wrote: Ya sale items and clearance items aren't the same, like you said clearance ends in .98 so something isn't right.
I just checked my local ToysRUs,
I saw 1 City set (demolition), a couple of Nexo Knight sets, Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who set on clearance.
Not much selection unfortunately.

edit: Porsche at 302$ (probably damaged box?) at Amazon.ca
Alterna Bank Thread

May 24, 2004
360 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
swales wrote: Ya sale items and clearance items aren't the same, like you said clearance ends in .98 so something isn't right.
They were Nexo Knights, Big Bang Theory/Doctor Who sets (plus a few others buried in the pile I'm sure) - all were on clearance.
Mar 30, 2015
251 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This TRUs BOGO 50% off on clearance items (ending on .98) is only in-store?
not online?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2002
2080 posts
433 upvotes
Montreal
pete wrote: I saw something similar.. all the minifigures the store had.. the guy must have bought 300+ of them... unreal
The guy must have gone to 8 or 9 TRUs... yesterday they all had stock.. this morning, NONE have stock!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
I'm interested in getting the new Lego Boost for my kid.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes
stormwolf18 wrote: So who's getting 42065, the RC tracked racer?
It's well over $100. Even with all the power function parts, I don't think it's worth it.

Battery box: 18
Remote Control: 12
M-motor * 2: 20
IR Receiver: 19

That's only $69.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
robskot wrote: Ya me too...for my "kid".
Just looked what LEGO Boost was and I will be buying one for my "kid" too Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Alterna Bank Thread

Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Lego plans to ship Boost in the second half of 2017, with a $159.99 USD retail price. The kit includes the Move Hub, a distance/color sensor, a motor, and 843 Lego bricks.
Dec 21, 2016
6 posts
pete wrote: The guy must have gone to 8 or 9 TRUs... yesterday they all had stock.. this morning, NONE have stock!
Damn, I went 5 toys r us near me, there is no Disney minifigures!!!
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
How do you know the percentage off and how do you find the original price of these sets?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
Peter Griffin wrote: They were Nexo Knights, Big Bang Theory/Doctor Who sets (plus a few others buried in the pile I'm sure) - all were on clearance.
That's the same for Brossard. However I saw a lot of empty Clearance shelves gone.. purged.
Nov 9, 2016
27 posts
23 upvotes
I have a 15% discount code for toysrus. Im wondering, does it make sense to use this on one of the modulars (brick bank)? Or are there better sales I can wait for?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

whatdoiwanttodo