Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Google Nexus 4 Smartphone 8gb - $309 16gb - 359

Jul 19, 2010
173 posts
69 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: I have been holding out for a Blackberry London with BB10 in January, but this has me going hmmm maybe.

I have had one good LG phone (the Optimus One) and one really crappy one (G2X) but this was mainly software and support issues. I think LG makes great plasma screens too. As far as I'm concerned, SD card slots make phones really unstable as most people will stick any old cheap crap in there. Apple and Google were smart in keeping out the ways a phone can crash due to I/O issues (so suck it up people).

In my neck of the woods, Telus is delivering 15-18 mbps on HSPA+, so not wanting for LTE and crap battery life.
BB10 aint coming until March/April 2013. Alot of people here are complaining about software issues associated with lg phones which won't be the case for Nexus 4. Also LTE network is congested now by iphone 5 so the speeds are similiar to HSPA+.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
parm09 wrote: BB10 aint coming until March/April 2013. Alot of people here are complaining about software issues associated with lg phones which won't be the case for Nexus 4. Also LTE network is congested now by iphone 5 so the speeds are similiar to HSPA+.
Also the GS3 has great battery life with LTE.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
archdemon wrote: bye bye iPhone 5 sales.................

This is incredibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quad core 2 gb ram 720p 8mp cam!
1080p back as well!
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
agan01 wrote: Anyone knows what slimport HDMI is? Is that differ from micro/mini HDMI port?
Plugs in the microusb and should require no extra things like a power source (MHL requires it and it's a huge hassle). You just need an adapter for HDMI. Game changer.
Dec 4, 2003
265 posts
106 upvotes
This would work with Koodo, right?

Would it just be 3G speeds? It says Koodo supports "4G HSPA," but I don't really know what that is.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
shaolinmonk wrote: I'm happy it's lg.. Replace those Samdung screens
Yeap I got blue bars on top and bottom of my phone and my screen is never bright enough outdoors.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What would happen if this turns out to be a price error? ***** . Hope my Galaxy Nexus sells though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
mace2 wrote: This would work with Koodo, right?

Would it just be 3G speeds? It says Koodo supports "4G HSPA," but I don't really know what that is.
It will work with all carriers in Canada except Public Mobile.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Great price and fantastic specs. But DAMN, such a drastic price drop is gonna destroy the resale values of our Galaxy Nexus'. They are going for $300 on Kijiji now. They are gonna drop to $100 in a few weeks.

When the 16gb Galaxy Nexus came out for $599, the Nexus S resale values dropped by 25%. The Nexus 4 is going to change everything.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Apr 2, 2010
775 posts
219 upvotes
Halifax
parm09 wrote: BB10 aint coming until March/April 2013. Alot of people here are complaining about software issues associated with lg phones which won't be the case for Nexus 4. Also LTE network is congested now by iphone 5 so the speeds are similiar to HSPA+.
January to early February, actually.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1602 posts
49 upvotes
Can I make phone calls with this device?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
This phone turns me on to a great extent, but I have to reserve my judgement until the phone actually comes out and is properly reviewed. I got burned big-time on the Nexus S with the search-button bug. (I have Jelly Bean, it was NOT fixed, despite what Google claims.) I want to make sure some big issue like this doesn't pop up before buying.
- casual gastronomist -
Apr 4, 2004
746 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For people who don't care too much about LTE like myself. This is definitely a S3 killer. We should see people dumping the S3 at price between $300~$350 on kijiji soon :)
Jul 19, 2010
173 posts
69 upvotes
Personally i would get the nexus 4 over s3 if your fine with non-removable battery and no sd card. For most people 16gb is sufficient. Also nexus 4 gets updates right away. S3 already behind 2 updates now and samsung stops updating their phones when new phone comes out. All phones that came out before s3 got stripped down version of ICS because Samsung wants to promote their flagship device. Same thing will happened to s3 next year.
Sep 11, 2012
168 posts
17 upvotes
1 - The price make me ignore everything I don't like about the phone listed below
2 - Why that sparkling style in the back?
3 - C'mon I want to use my class 10 sd card
4 - On my S2 I had to take off and put the battery again several times because of system freezing, hope it wont happen.
5 - Please a button just make me happier, with a button I can be sure I hit the right place, in case of slow response.
6 - Thanks LG have black ink because Samsung can't make a black S3 ( I mean, they showed it, but where is it?).

Really nice deal, unlocked, NFC, don't care about LTE, World wide phone, wireless charging...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)