Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1273 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto, ON
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:57 am
i wonder if a ontario pc government will remove foreign buyers tax
I doubt it. The BC "Liberals" are actually a Conservative party and brought in the first stupid foreign buyers tax.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
licenced wrote:
May 27th, 2017 8:15 pm
Yes, from the absolute failure to elicit bidding wars on at least 60% of its listed properties between April 20 and May 20, it's clear Richmond Hill is in serious decline and will experience a 30% drop within 5 months.

the number on the left is list price. Sold price on the right.
I watch the RH market pretty closely and Those do no look like they are all from apr 20 to May 20. Care to show them with MLS # because I'm curious to check a few of them.
Nov 18, 2014
664 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto, ON
onlineharvest wrote:
May 27th, 2017 7:23 pm
So bulls are ridiculed for saying 'this time it's different', but bears can say 'this time it's different' when predicting a decrease with no precedent?

Gotcha. ;)

Joke

______

Your head
Apr 24, 2013
526 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
If you are a home owner looking to sell in the next year, you missed out BIG time. You are definitely late for the peak pricing. Good luck even getting viewings now, let alone offers. I feel bad for you and I completely understand if you are pissed off about this.
I got Fido $15/month plan.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2011
4884 posts
2083 upvotes
Thornhill
fdl wrote:
May 27th, 2017 9:23 pm
I watch the RH market pretty closely and Those do no look like they are all from apr 20 to May 20. Care to show them with MLS # because I'm curious to check a few of them.
Well, they are.

What, did you think I manufactured those knowing full well that any of the dozens of Realtors in here can test my results?

You may watch the market closely from where you sit via whatever site that pulls whatever stats their software has programmed to pull from TREB Stratus and whatever you choose to frequent.

I pull them at any time from trebnet and if you don't believe me you can ask any Realtor with access to do the same.

The parameters are:

Freehold; York; Richmond hill: Sold; last update 04/20/2017 to 05/20/2017

They are what they are, sorry if that bursts your bubble.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
licenced wrote:
May 27th, 2017 9:48 pm
Well, they are.

What, did you think I manufactured those knowing full well that any of the dozens of Realtors in here can test my results?

You may watch the market closely from where you sit via whatever site that pulls whatever stats their software has programmed to pull from TREB Stratus and whatever you choose to frequent.

I pull them at any time from trebnet and if you don't believe me you can ask any Realtor with access to do the same.

The parameters are:

Freehold; York; Richmond hill: Sold; ast update 04/20/2017 to 05/20/2017

They are what they are, sorry if that bursts your bubble.
Sorry, I'm not trying to call you a liar. I'd honestly like to check some of them myself. Is there anyways to show the MLS #'s?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2011
4884 posts
2083 upvotes
Thornhill
BTW

You don't need MLS numbers. If your source is credible all you need do is match the list and sales price.

fdl wrote:
May 27th, 2017 9:23 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
licenced wrote:
May 27th, 2017 9:53 pm
BTW

You don't need MLS numbers. If your source is credible all you need do is match the list and sales price.
Ya, That's what I tried to do and I didn't find some of them. Which is why I was curious to see MLS numbers.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5370 posts
1220 upvotes
GTA
Calvin140 wrote:
May 27th, 2017 11:05 am
Next step is communism!step by step!
Alright there, drama queen. Just a healthy correction, could be a short-term thing. Or not. A very normal event in capitalist markets. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2011
4884 posts
2083 upvotes
Thornhill
fdl wrote:
May 27th, 2017 9:54 pm
Ya, That's what I tried to do and I didn't find some of them. Which is why I was curious to see MLS numbers.
I'm one of those Realtors who adheres to the privacy laws and rules we agreed to uphold. I would think anyone in RFD familiar with me knows that by now.

We are not allowed to advertise another brokerage's solds. Advertising means that which makes it readily identifiable as in an street, address or MLS number.

If you think you have better stats then be my guest and publish them.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
licenced wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:02 pm
I'm one of those Realtors who adheres to the privacy laws and rules we agreed to uphold. I would think anyone in RFD familiar with me knows that by now.

We are not allowed to advertise another brokerage's solds. Advertising means that which makes it readily identifiable as in an street, address or MLS number.

If you think you have better stats then be my guest and publish them.
I never said I had better stats. And once again, I'm not calling you a liar. No need to get all salty about it. How about I highlight one or two listings that look incorrect on my end and you give me the MLS #?

edit: on second thought just forget it. It doesn't really matter anyways. We'll get the treb report in a week or so.
Last edited by fdl on May 27th, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 13, 2016
2060 posts
1533 upvotes
There are some crooked realtors, but there are plenty of good ones.

It's not an easy job as some of you think. My ex used to work for Royal LePage as relocation consultant and she told me how competitive and how the commissions are split up.

In fact, most of them were making so little money that they actually applied for a steady "office" Royal LePage job making 40-45k a year.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
BiegeToyota wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:09 pm
There are some crooked realtors, but there are plenty of good ones.

It's not an easy job as some of you think. My ex used to work for Royal LePage as relocation consultant and she told me how competitive and how the commissions are split up.

In fact, most of them were making so little money that they actually applied for a steady "office" Royal LePage job making 40-45k a year.
Sure. But I didn't call out licensed as being crooked if that's what you are implying. Just wondering why some of the listings in that screenshot don't show on my end.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2011
4884 posts
2083 upvotes
Thornhill
fdl wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:08 pm
I never said I had better stats. And once again, I'm not calling you a liar. No need to get all salty about it. How about I highlight one or two listings that look incorrect on my end and you give me the MLS #?

edit: on second thought just forget it. It doesn't really matter anyways. We'll get the treb report in a week or so.
I am not allowed to provide the MLS number. I am not one of those Realtors who ignore the privacy laws or our MLS rules.

Those are the listings. If you can't find them then ask your provider why not. It could be as simple as the fact that there are listings that do not allow it to be advertised or published on the internet. As unbelievable as that sounds they exist and that means that the listing will not be forwarded to any party outside of the Realtor' MLS system it was placed on.

Additionally, I have no idea if like Tosolds which relied on daily manual searches to aggregate their sales data which is not accurate, your source is also as inefficient.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4844 posts
2668 upvotes
licenced wrote:
May 27th, 2017 10:23 pm
I am not allowed to provide the MLS number. I am not one of those Realtors who ignore the privacy laws or our MLS rules.

Those are the listings. If you can't find them then ask your provider why not. It could be as simple as the fact that there are listings that do not allow it to be advertised or published on the internet. As unbelievable as that sounds they exist and that means that the listing will not be forwarded to any party outside of the Realtor' MLS system it was placed on.

Additionally, I have no idea if like Tosolds which relied on daily manual searches to aggregate their sales data which is not accurate, your source is also as inefficient.
Ok. Are realtors able to see "exclusive" listings that have sold as well? I.e. Ones that were never listed on MLS?