Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
born2bwild wrote: i got htc touch for $99 plus admin fee. i got a plan for $32 per month and i dont want to pay more than that. i know iphone is coming but i dont wanna pay another 30 bucks or more so i decided not to go with iphone even though i love that phone. therefore, i picked htc touch but i dont know if its worth it or wat. i didnt wanna pay admin fee but theres no way they're willing to waive it. they say they dont do it anymore. but yea help me make my mind about the phone... i was confused with selecting a new phone
you can totally get it waived. just try to ask nicely, saying you are student and the phone came out more than you expected to.

it's only $35 plus tax, but really why should you pay it when you have option not to. just ask nicely.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
danman227460 wrote: Sadly no one can ever do anything. Rogers is top with GSM and there are no other GSM carriers. To start up in Canada, it would be too much as any GSM network has to borrow from Rogers which was I believe the initial intention of the SAF.

So we will continue to get kicked in the nuts until the government starts implementing plans to bring in more competition by allowing them to set up GSM towers or use Rogers at a discounted rate.
Yeah but I don't think starting up another GSM network is the answer. We do have number portability and we should take advantage of it. You don't like Robber's data rates? Switch to Bell and enjoy their unlimited data browsing with their HTC Touch. You get to keep your number and get a true Internet anywhere experience. The more people leave Robbers, the more chance that they'll have no choice but to match Bell's offer. Then it's a win-win situation for the consumer. The more people stay with Robbers, the more likely things will stay the same.

Keep that Rogers GSM phone handy as a backup for when you travel overseas.

Lulz wrote: Why are you complaining about iPhone data plan priceS?

$30/month is what US customers pay too.
It's not like they offered $30 for something like 200MB.
$30/month is very reasonable
I was never comparing it with the neighbors to the south. I was saying that Bell's HTC Touch with the $7 unlimited internet option is a steal compared to the iPhone's limited data plans. You do anything on the Touch without worrying about whether that video, radio stream, GPS map data, and MSN chat will cost you an arm and a leg.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
but HTC Touch is an EDGE device
iPhone will be 3G and you can not compare the 2 as iPhone is much much much more data hungry than HTC Touch.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
Beradon wrote: Yeah but I don't think starting up another GSM network is the answer. We do have number portability and we should take advantage of it. You don't like Robber's data rates? Switch to Bell and enjoy their unlimited data browsing with their HTC Touch. You get to keep your number and get a true Internet anywhere experience. The more people leave Robbers, the more chance that they'll have no choice but to match Bell's offer. Then it's a win-win situation for the consumer. The more people stay with Robbers, the more likely things will stay the same.

Keep that Rogers GSM phone handy as a backup for when you travel overseas.

I was never comparing it with the neighbors to the south. I was saying that Bell's HTC Touch with the $7 unlimited internet option is a steal compared to the iPhone's limited data plans. You do anything on the Touch without worrying about whether that video, radio stream, GPS map data, and MSN chat will cost you an arm and a leg.
Lulz wrote: but HTC Touch is an EDGE device
iPhone will be 3G and you can not compare the 2 as iPhone is much much much more data hungry than HTC Touch.
not sure if your knowledgeable or not.. the HTC touch on Bell runs extemly fast. Im no pro w/ technology but Ive heard its comparable with the 3G. The bell one that is.
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
Lulz wrote: but HTC Touch is an EDGE device
I was talking about the CDMA Touch not the GSM version. Bell runs on CDMA while Rogers uses GSM.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Aug 10, 2006
979 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I got the HTC touch mid may for $200 on a HUP because their price was $229 for a new 3-year activation. Now that their price has dropped to $99, will Rogers give me a discount if I call in? When did they change their price on the phone?
Jan 1, 2008
490 posts
160 upvotes
Brossard
HowEver wrote: This may be the laziest post in the thread. Read up.
ok one, when i started writing my post that other one wasn't there yet, and anyhow, I clearly meant other than what had been posted here in the past. But thanks for your answer.
Mar 31, 2008
35 posts
This is a Dept created for the sole purposes of retaining unhappy Customers (Cx) who want to cancel. Cx of Rogers are supposed to call *611 (Customer Support (CxS)) initially and make their case. Upon determining that the Cx is sincere and won't budge, the rep is supposed to transfer you to CxR.

Curious,

How many have tried *611 and get retentions right away? Wonder if it is luck of the draw, or maybe it gets rerouted if all the CxS are busy.

Anyone care to comment?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1303 posts
100 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Never..
Sep 26, 2007
133 posts
15 upvotes
empresscrown wrote:
Curious,

How many have tried *611 and get retentions right away? Wonder if it is luck of the draw, or maybe it gets rerouted if all the CxS are busy.

Anyone care to comment?
i'm pretty sure i have. i called around 11:00 PM and said "cancel my phone" and it transferred me and i got the recording.. "rogers customer care center is presently closed right now.." and so on..
Oct 20, 2003
589 posts
67 upvotes
Cowman1208 wrote: Ok... I got a free phone from a retentions deal about 2 months ago and I am under the 30min usage but over the 30 days ownership for it because I never took the time to get the phone working until now and I don't like it. ... how should I go about calling them back and asking to swap phones? I would like to get a blackberry and I understand there will be some cost to it, but I'm not sure how to approach this situation.

Thanks in advance for the help :)
Help :) Thanks!
RFD brings out the m00t in everyone!
Nov 8, 2004
261 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Cowman1208 wrote: Help :) Thanks!
I don;t think tht will be an issue .., u may be able to get blkberry for no price Try your luck
Mar 21, 2006
141 posts
Mad.Whack wrote: I have a hard time seeing Android doing well. Rogers will lock the **** out of it (along with every US carrier).
Lock open source? I would think it would be pretty easy to get around.
Dec 23, 2007
16 posts
empresscrown wrote: This is a Dept created for the sole purposes of retaining unhappy Customers (Cx) who want to cancel. Cx of Rogers are supposed to call *611 (Customer Support (CxS)) initially and make their case. Upon determining that the Cx is sincere and won't budge, the rep is supposed to transfer you to CxR.

Curious,

Anyone care to comment?
I always use my home phone to call Rogers, but for some reason they thought my home phone number is a paygo number, so they transfer me to paygo dept. So the 2nd time I called, I just say "representative" when they ask me if I want the French version. After that, they'll ask "ok, I'm happy to transfer you to a representative, but may i know the reason?" I said, "Cancellation" Then it automatically transferred me to retention department. It works every time! (I think I called five times using this method)
Sep 6, 2007
12 posts
Hello,.

Does anyone know if I can get 2500 text mess rather than only 125 txt without paying more? is it possible or i still need to do nego.? Tx!