Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
113 posts
AEmgee wrote:I called up wanting a new phone for myself and a new line for the fiancée. I am on the $23 (+ 911 + SAF) Corporate Plan (1175). I've been with Rogers since 1996 and last had a hardware upgrade in March 2003. I got:

[My own line]
V551 $129.99
$35 admin fee waived
6 months unlimited local calls
2 year contract

[The new line]
V300 Free
$35 admin fee waived
6 months unlimited local calls
3 year contract
Same $23 corporate plan

The fellow wouldn't budge on the phone prices because of the underlying corporate plan. I don't think I got that great of a deal but I'm just glad to have two lines on the corporate plan.
I'm on the exact same plan and got the exact same offers as you.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1688 posts
19 upvotes
North York
Lucky Saturday. here is my story, since I signed my contract for 2 years last Nov, I was on 200 mins free after 6 & weekends. I had 6 months Free services ( only pay SAF and 911) , I have been watching this 1500 plan from begining, since I don't want to waste my 2 months Free credit for Mar and Apr, I have not called tham until this morning, coz the plan will expire on 2.28. This morning, I called at 9AM, the first 5 Reps are not that good, some one told me they can't waive the $35 shipping fee. someone only agree to cut the shipping fee half. Someone doesn't agree to give me first year Free, not even Unlimited. I just told them I would think about it and hung up. Then I just called back right away. For the 6th rep, I got Mike. After I told him the plan details, he said it would be my lucky saturday. There are only 3 phones you can get for free as every knows. He suggested Samsung E 316. And I took it right away. ( attention, you should ask them to waive the shipping fee before they put u on hold and go to set the shippings.)So I ask him to waive the shipping fee. He agreed right away after I asked. and he said he would this exception for me only. So cool. And he said I could change the plan anytime I want.

The plan details

$50 dollar per month,
1500mins daliy, Free after 6 PM &weekend
Free Samsung E316
First year free ( only pay 6.95 SAF & 911fee)
Caller ID, Voice Mail call waiting, forwarding, 3 way calling
$35 shipping fee waived

Everything depents on the rep you got. Hope you get a nice rep. If you don't , just keeping calling as what I did. The 6th one is good.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18481 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Do u need that many Minutes?
hoyoto wrote:Lucky Saturday. here is my story, since I signed my contract for 2 years last Nov, I was on 200 mins free after 6 & weekends. I had 6 months Free services ( only pay SAF and 911) , I have been watching this 1500 plan from begining, since I don't want to waste my 2 months Free credit for Mar and Apr, I have not called tham until this morning, coz the plan will expire on 2.28. This morning, I called at 9AM, the first 5 Reps are not that good, some one told me they can't waive the $35 shipping fee. someone only agree to cut the shipping fee half. Someone doesn't agree to give me first year Free, not even Unlimited. I just told them I would think about it and hung up. Then I just called back right away. For the 6th rep, I got Mike. After I told him the plan details, he said it would be my lucky saturday. There are only 3 phones you can get for free as every knows. He suggested Samsung E 316. And I took it right away. ( attention, you should ask them to waive the shipping fee before they put u on hold and go to set the shippings.)So I ask him to waive the shipping fee. He agreed right away after I asked. and he said he would this exception for me only. So cool. And he said I could change the plan anytime I want.

The plan details

$50 dollar per month,
Free Samsung E316
$35 shipping fee waived

Everything depents on the rep you got. Hope you get a nice rep. If you don't , just keeping calling as what I did. The 6th one is good.
Feb 11, 2005
982 posts
18 upvotes
cko64 wrote:You got both unlimited local calls and free (except $6.95 & 411) first year? I think they only allow one or the other.

I'd be interested to see a scan of your bill.
its not a typo, some of us received both.
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
they wont waive the admin fee

they are giving me 1500 mins, 50 plan, I have two lines so another 50 for that.

1 year free, but no unlimited, 2 samsung e-316 phones.

is this good?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1002 posts
13 upvotes
Yeah, it's definitely your lucky Saturday........

Wow, I didn't even know they have the $50 (1500 min plan)......
You even got the call display for free.....(**jealous**)
and admin fee waived.......

Lucky you

hoyoto wrote:Lucky Saturday. here is my story, since I signed my contract for 2 years last Nov, I was on 200 mins free after 6 & weekends. I had 6 months Free services ( only pay SAF and 911) , I have been watching this 1500 plan from begining, since I don't want to waste my 2 months Free credit for Mar and Apr, I have not called tham until this morning, coz the plan will expire on 2.28. This morning, I called at 9AM, the first 5 Reps are not that good, some one told me they can't waive the $35 shipping fee. someone only agree to cut the shipping fee half. Someone doesn't agree to give me first year Free, not even Unlimited. I just told them I would think about it and hung up. Then I just called back right away. For the 6th rep, I got Mike. After I told him the plan details, he said it would be my lucky saturday. There are only 3 phones you can get for free as every knows. He suggested Samsung E 316. And I took it right away. ( attention, you should ask them to waive the shipping fee before they put u on hold and go to set the shippings.)So I ask him to waive the shipping fee. He agreed right away after I asked. and he said he would this exception for me only. So cool. And he said I could change the plan anytime I want.

The plan details

$50 dollar per month,
Free Samsung E316
$35 shipping fee waived

Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1688 posts
19 upvotes
North York
faibs wrote:its not a typo, some of us received both.
1500 is almost like unlimited for me , :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3419 posts
305 upvotes
Calgary
faibs wrote:its not a typo, some of us received both.
Sure, and Rogers gave me a V3 and $100 credits each month. Show me the bill.
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
well they wanted to only credit 45/month, and charge 5 a month for call display extra.

I had 450 minutes shared between one line and another, and 400 incoming free as well.

but I would always use about 1500 minutes and my day time would skyrocket, and I pay about 120 - 150 per bill but I was on per second billing.

How bad is per minute billing, now I will pay 50 on each, and get 45 credit, they said they will cahrge 5 bucks for call display but credit it back.

I had 65 dollar plan plus 10 bucks for hte additional phone, but my bills came up to 150-200 for business..

Please explain so I know I did good or not..
Jan 24, 2004
56 posts
Toronto
I jsut called rogers and basically asked for whatever hoyoto got and I received all of it but my unlimited nights and weekend starts at 8pm =/.
Still a good deal!

thx for all the tips from this thread, RFD rocks
Nov 23, 2004
783 posts
181 upvotes
if i already signed a 3-year plan and got the V220 but don't like it anymore, is there a way i can get a better phone from Rogers (or pay a little more to upgrade the phone) without having to extend the contract further?

can i just complain that it is a bad phone with bad reception?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1002 posts
13 upvotes
What happened? Is V220 that bad? Have you tested it?
How bad is the reception?
freebies_r_us wrote:if i already signed a 3-year plan and got the V220 but don't like it anymore, is there a way i can get a better phone from Rogers (or pay a little more to upgrade the phone) without having to extend the contract further?

can i just complain that it is a bad phone with bad reception?
Nov 10, 2003
740 posts
129 upvotes
Concord
i did.. called and got z600 for the same price.. paid $20 for the v400.
threaten to cancel my contract.
Dec 14, 2004
779 posts
17 upvotes

The plan details

$50 dollar per month,
Free Samsung E316
$35 shipping fee waived

I just called Rogers and they are willing to give me above plan but there is no free caller ID and no voicemail.
Nov 23, 2004
783 posts
181 upvotes
HamsterGirl35 wrote:What happened? Is V220 that bad? Have you tested it?
How bad is the reception?

the phone itself isn't that bad in terms of reception, but it's not very sturdy.

and it's got a really plastic-feel to it, and the springs aren't that good when flipping. that's why i would much rather get a different phone. the bad reception is just an excuse i'm using with Rogers