Entertainment

[Merged] House of Cards free with credit card (Netflix)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2021 9:18 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4508 posts
700 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Just finished the series. It was great! I've started watching the original BBC version of it now and this newer version is very similar! What a way to spend reading week :) .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
5 episodes in and its brilliant .... blows anything we have going on television at the moment out of the water (even The Newsroom)

Anyone seen it? The entire 1st season was released on Netflix February 1st
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
I like the show too, the writing was pretty weak in the first few episodes but got better in the later episodes.

The british version is even better if you want to see more.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
Watched the entire 1st season over the weekend ..... A++, will watch again
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
Fantastic show, the political geek inside me loved every single second of it.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Saw 2 episodes so far and it's very good. Love the chemistry/relationship between Spacey and Wright, plus Spacey's narrative is well suited for the type of show.
Will definitely continue watching...

On a related note, it's about time Netflix decided to do what most of us do anyways: stream an entire season of a show at once, so viewers can watch it at their own leisure. I hope other media companies follow suit.
Feb 25, 2006
315 posts
22 upvotes
Another Netflix exclusive is called Lilyhammer with Steven Van Zandt. If you're a fan of Sopranos, you'll like this show.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
Recondo wrote: Another Netflix exclusive is called Lilyhammer with Steven Van Zandt. If you're a fan of Sopranos, you'll like this show.
i thought house of cards would be like sopranos or good fellas...after watching the 1st episode I was really underwhelmed...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
markj wrote: i thought house of cards would be like sopranos or good fellas...after watching the 1st episode I was really underwhelmed...
Because your expectations were off the mark ..... no idea how you got sopranos or good fellas from the previews.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
markj wrote: i thought house of cards would be like sopranos or good fellas...after watching the 1st episode I was really underwhelmed...
The first episode confused me (not really into US politics) but after the 3rd, it got me hooked. Still halfway through the season and really enjoying it. This is will do until the final season of breaking bad comes back.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
My favorite scene:

Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Best damn political action drama yet... love this series. Watched the entire 13 episodes in 3 days. Absolutely deserved the Emmy for best direction in a drama series. Very rarely do you get good acting, writing, and direction jam packed in every episode. This is extremely rare in a tv series. I could rhyme off maybe 3-4 others that *maybe* in the same category. I was surprised Joel Schumacher directed an episode. Cant wait for season 2...

[IMG]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/45/1gsf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... e_card.png[/IMG]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856010/

House of Cards (2013– )
TV Series - 60 min - Drama
8.8 Your rating: -/10 Ratings: 8.8/10 from 56,063 users
Reviews: 111 user | 32 critic
A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.

Stars: Kevin Spacey, Michael Gill, Robin Wright | See full cast and crew
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Started watching this show cause I'm a huge fan of Kevin Spacey, not necessarily a fan of political dramas. But I'm blown away with this one, few small comparisons to the political side of The Wire (S4).
Love the 4th wall talk.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Robin Wright is still a MILF... thank goodness she divorced that loser sean penn.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
Yea I watched the whole season 1 in 3 days on netflix almost missed work because of it, just amazing. I heard season 2 is expected early next year
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
what a teaser! ty for update mr badmus

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)