• Jun 18th, 2013 2:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener

[Merged] I need an UMBRELLA !!!!

I am sick and tired of buying umbrellas every month or so because the quality are abysmal. They managed to make the spokes out of tin foil and my kids and myself break them like crazy.
What brand /store do you recommend to get a decent quality regular umbrella (not golf) .... something to last at least for an year if not more.

Thanks

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7862 posts
4559 upvotes
North York
Just buy your umbrellas anywhere other than dollar shops.
Aug 11, 2009
146 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Good Thread, I am also looking for a good quality umbrella. I heard the quality at the bay can be very good.
Jun 27, 2007
244 posts
17 upvotes
well, if you want a single, quality umbrella for yourself, you can look at S.A.B. selection, they are solid, and you should be able to get one(not factory second) on sale under $300.
good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5537 posts
446 upvotes
Those who wanna spend money on a good umbrella should look across the pond.

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/ It is an umbrella company from UK (appointed by HM QE2) They make quality stuff that last you a long time.

I know there are a few stores (esp. luggage store, sears, the bay) sell them. $30+

Makes me wonder, if those tiger wood golf umbrella are on sale yet?
Mar 4, 2006
237 posts
15 upvotes
^^ Agreed. I love my fulton. I thought it was way too expensive when I was buying it, but many years later, it is still intact.
Feb 1, 2010
871 posts
173 upvotes
Costco recently had a 2 pack of retractable ones that seem pretty good. You could check there next time you go.
Mar 23, 2010
53 posts
Montreal
I always thought Knirps Umbrellas were a very good Brand.
Apr 18, 2005
428 posts
75 upvotes
Ziechick wrote:
Jun 9th, 2010 12:29 pm
I always thought Knirps Umbrellas were a very good Brand.
+1

After returning numerous umbrellas for new ones, I only have two that haven't broken. One is an Eddie Bauer and the other is a Knirps.

I look for something fairly durable since I buy the one button retractable umbrellas (very convenient if you have your hands full with kids in tow). I spoke to a lady that is a buyer for umbrellas and she also recommended the Knirps.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11378 posts
1955 upvotes
I've had the umbrellas they sell at Mark Work Warehouse for many years now. It's called the "Ultimate Umbrella" made by WindRiver. Carbon fibre, wind-proof, durable material. And it's only $30... but I haven't check prices in a while, so it might have gone up. They also have mini versions.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1167 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for Fulton as well. $39 - it's been great and looks more expensive than it was.
Sep 6, 2004
510 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
quatchi wrote:
Jun 9th, 2010 12:18 pm
Costco recently had a 2 pack of retractable ones that seem pretty good. You could check there next time you go.
+1. I bought the 2 pack from Costco and they are good quality while very inexpensive as well.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
look30 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2010 11:20 am
I am sick and tired of buying umbrellas every month or so because the quality are abysmal. They managed to make the spokes out of tin foil and my kids and myself break them like crazy.
What brand /store do you recommend to get a decent quality regular umbrella (not golf) .... something to last at least for an year if not more.

Thanks
i felt the same way as you.

Did some research.

My recommendations:

1. GustBuster Metro: http://www.golfheaven.ca/view.asp?dept_ ... sku=GBFMAO $39.99

2. SENZ: http://www.raindropsto.com/product/Adul ... black.html $55.00

3. Windbrella: http://www.raindropsto.com/product/Adul ... _tech.html - currently sold out (I bought the last one) :)
2016, 2017 and 2018 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2022 upvotes
Nowhere
"Who buys an umbrella anyways? You can get them for free at the coffee shop in those metal cans". :D