Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Intel Retail Edge Summer Deal!! i7 2nd gen 2011 socket, 520 series SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2012 11:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1285 posts
795 upvotes

[Apple] Intel Retail Edge Summer Deal!! i7 2nd gen 2011 socket, 520 series SSD

Starts May 31st

This is for those who work in the Electronic/Computer retail industry, Im not sure where the list is for which companies qualify, i will come back and edit after.
Go to https://retailedge.intel.com and then summer deal, sign up if you are not already a member, remember you need to verify your employment, they outlined on the different ways you can do this.
https://retailedge.intel.com//sites/...ages/deal.aspx is the link for the summerdeal
The holiday deal sold out fast so, dont contemplate if you want this or not, it may not be avail after a week.

For sale:

i7 3930k Processor

Clock speed: 3.2 GHz (up to 3.8 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0)
6 cores, 12 threads
12 MB Intel® Smart Cache
.32 nm microarchitecture
FCLGA 2011, 130W TDP
64 GB maximum memory
4-channel DDR3 1066/1333/1600 memory controller
PCI Express 2.0 for discrete graphics (10 ports)
Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® HD 3000 Graphics with Dynamic Frequency
Intel® Quick Sync Video
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology
Intel® Insider

Comes bundled with

McAfee All Access 2012
McAfee* All Access 2012 detects viruses across multiple platforms and operating systems, before they're downloaded on any device. It defends your stuff against emerging threats, damage, and theft.
Rock Legends: $164 USD
Rockstars: $179 USD
Members: $194 USD

intel 520 180gb

25nm NAND Flash Memory
2.5” form factor
SATA 6.0 Gb/s performance
Sequential read/write = up to 550/520 Mb/s
Random read/write = up to 50,000/80,000 IOPS
End-to-end data protection

Rock Legends: $169 USD
Rockstars: $184 USD
Members: $199 USD

This was taken from Flaris, from his holiday deal thread.
[QUOTE]Eligible Canadian retailers:

Aaron's
ActionLink
Apple Retail Store
BCOM Computer Centre
BestBuy(Canada)
BestBuy(USA)
Buy.com
Canada Computers
CDW
CompUSA Outlet Stores(Tiger Outlet Stores)
Costco
Future Shop
Geek Squad
HP
HSN
Insight
Intel
Kehtron Computers
London Drugs
Market Star - HP
MDG Computers Canada
Memory Express
MicroBytes
Microsoft Store
Mosaic - HP
NCIX/Netlink Computer
Office Depot
PC Village
RadioShack
Rent-A-Center
Sam's Club
Sears
Sony
Sony Factory Outlet
Staples Business Outlet
Superior Computers
The Source
Tiger Direct Call Center
Wal-mart (Canada)

Eligible Canadian Telecoms:

Rogers

Eligible America retailers:

Aaron's
Abt Electronics
ActionLink
Adorama
Altex Electronics
American
Apple Retail Store
ASN Depot
BH Photo Video Pro Audio
Best Buy (USA)
BJ's Wholesale Club
BrandsMart USA
Buy.com
CDW
Central Computers
CompUSA Outlet stores (Tiger Outlet Stores)
Conn's
Costco
Datavision
Dell Experience Center
Digilink Computers
Directron
Electronic Express
Fry's Electronics
Geek Squad
hhgregg
HSN
Insight
Intel
Intrex
JR Music and Computer World
Kehtron Computers
La Curacao
Marketsource – HP
MarketStar – HP
MarketStar – Sony
Micro Center
Microsoft Store
Milwaukee PC
Mosaic – HP
Mosaic – HP
Nebraska Furniture Mart
NexCom
Office Depot
OfficeMax
PC Connection
PC Laptops
PC Mall
RadioShack
RCS Computer Experience
Rent-A-Center
Sam's Club
Samsung
Sears
Sony
Sony Factory Outlet
Staples
Staples Business Depot
Superior PC Systems
Tech Advanced Computers
Tiger Direct Call Center
Toshiba
Wal-Mart (USA)

Eligible American Telecoms:

AT&T[/QUOTE]
96 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2476 posts
1101 upvotes
Pretty good price on the i7 3930k considering it's $589.99 at NCIX, better deal than the 2700k CPU deal for the Holiday 2011 one... aside from the 970s they had in limited quantities.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1417 posts
313 upvotes
London, ON
Where do you see the May 31st date?

nvm: found it on the banner.
Jun 2, 2006
903 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
Does the CPU deal not come with a motherboard? Back in the day they use to come with a MB and Windows copy for $199 US.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2007
5326 posts
3049 upvotes
Scarborough
Why would you want to pay more money to get a crappy motherboard? Spend a bit more money and you can get a decent one instead.
Dec 25, 2009
29 posts
13 upvotes
Brandon, MB
Does this work for Walmart in Canada? In the list it shows Walmart (USA)?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1298 posts
258 upvotes
mild546 wrote: Does this work for Walmart in Canada? In the list it shows Walmart (USA)?

it's written walmart (canada) :confused:
Dec 25, 2009
29 posts
13 upvotes
Brandon, MB
Nvm read the wrong list
I have a friend that works at walmart, but he is a busy person and doesn't have time to do the surveys. Is it possible for me to do everything in his name and have it shipped to him or does this need some information which I don't have?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1160 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mild546 wrote: Nvm read the wrong list
I have a friend that works at walmart, but he is a busy person and doesn't have time to do the surveys. Is it possible for me to do everything in his name and have it shipped to him or does this need some information which I don't have?

You can get it shipped to you directly. Just be sure to double check that he doesn't want it for himself, there's also random things there that for points too, so if for example you see somethign that the person wants and you have an excess of points. You could find yourself "buying" for "free" and just giving it to the person as a thanks or for yourself as an extra.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1797 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
SSD deal not worth it at all imo.
That ssd retails for ~$260

Rockstars: $184 + (38 shipping estimated) + ($35 duties estimated) = $257
Members: $199 + (38 shipping estimated) + ($35 duties estimated) = $272

I believe ppl paid $26 duties on their last retail edge deal worth $140 and thats why I guess it'll be more for a higher price of $184 or $200. There is a link for UPS website which shows exactly how much duties for the corresponding value. Can't find right now.

PS. did anyone do this method last time around? Avoid UPS fee Did it work?
Jun 2, 2006
903 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
ASharp wrote: Why would you want to pay more money to get a crappy motherboard? Spend a bit more money and you can get a decent one instead.

I sold the motherboard back then for about $110ish on ebay and then bought a better MB. Plus having a Legit Windows copy was worth at least $80.

So:

$199
-$110 (selling MB on ebay)
= $90 for processor with a copy of Windows

That's why I want the crappy Motherboard included!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3438 posts
744 upvotes
Winnipeg
Boo for Intel... CPU is Ok, but still too expensive (after shipping and fees) will probably costs us $250... Even though it cost currently $500, 2nd gen i7 will be cheap in a couple of weeks (due to 3rd Gen/IVY bridge)... SSD is also a bummer deal compared to last year... with SSD prices lower than $1 per GB nowadays, $169/184/199 + shipping/fees will also be around $250, better off buy a 256GB SSD for less than $200 from some RFD deals
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1285 posts
795 upvotes
saberX wrote: SSD deal not worth it at all imo.
That ssd retails for ~$260

Rockstars: $184 + (38 shipping estimated) + ($35 duties estimated) = $257
Members: $199 + (38 shipping estimated) + ($35 duties estimated) = $272

I believe ppl paid $26 duties on their last retail edge deal worth $140 and thats why I guess it'll be more for a higher price of $184 or $200. There is a link for UPS website which shows exactly how much duties for the corresponding value. Can't find right now.

PS. did anyone do this method last time around? Avoid UPS fee Did it work?

Actually its brokerage fees from ups handling customs for you, if they charge you duties you can refuse it and intel will handle the customs charges for you. ( customs charges would be alot more than 26 dollars) and i believe there is a way you can get around this.

khulit wrote: Boo for Intel... CPU is Ok, but still too expensive (after shipping and fees) will probably costs us $250... Even though it cost currently $500, 2nd gen i7 will be cheap in a couple of weeks (due to 3rd Gen/IVY bridge)... SSD is also a bummer deal compared to last year... with SSD prices lower than $1 per GB nowadays, $169/184/199 + shipping/fees will also be around $250, better off buy a 256GB SSD for less than $200 from some RFD deals

You're talking about a 2011 Socket Hex-core, this Cpu will benchmark higher than most i7 3rd gens, and wont fall to the infamous problem of the new 22nm chips is that they overheat like a mofo, 3d transistors pfttt. Find any intel Hexcore i7 cpu sub 200 and you are king, you guaranteed cant even find one used at that price...
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
got a fedex bill, when they send a second one, i sent the letter back with a note saying, no such person ever lived in this household lol never heard from them again lol
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
andriykoua wrote: got a fedex bill, when they send a second one, i sent the letter back with a note saying, no such person ever lived in this household lol never heard from them again lol

And you think that makes it go away? Enjoy the hit on your credit score...
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
toguy wrote: And you think that makes it go away? Enjoy the hit on your credit score...

1, if only they had my name spelled correctly.

2. even if they did, so what, there are tons of people with same name/lastname :D they don't have my DOB or my SIN.

3. Thanks for heads up though :)
Dec 10, 2009
159 posts
21 upvotes
Ironsmack wrote: Well, the CPU is worth it if your considering for a 3x/4x Xfire/SLI.

I havent seen any Z77 mobo that offers 3x/4x Xfire/SLI. Just 2x Xfire/SLI.

That's because the Z77 chipset only has 16 pci express graphic lanes and would need to be run as 1x8 & 2x4 or 4x4.

The x78 chipset on the other hand has 40 lanes.
May 20, 2009
257 posts
1 upvote
Prairies
Looking at some motherboards that support LGA2011. Much more expensive than LGA1155 motherboards.