Cell Phones

[Merged] iPhone 5: What time are you lining up tomorrow?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2012 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1334 posts
564 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I went to Telus in Fair View in kitchener and their systems were down so they took reservaions for those in line. Systems are still not up!!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2007
568 posts
13 upvotes
tom.tdn wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 3:33 pm
My friend and I went into the Bestbuy in the next plaza where the costco is, we both got our phones in under half an hour. They have no 64GB left though. We walked by the Apple store after and there was no line up, not sure if they sold out or everyone who lined up earlier got there's.
Im assuming this is the yorkdale location ? Really interesting to hear theres no line there.
Toronto
Nov 16, 2007
175 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
szetolf wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 1:48 pm
Don't lie...
I went by Eaton... asked the guy... told me to get unlock online...b/c they don't sell any...
Dont shoot the messenger. I was passing along what I confirmed several times on the phone with the rep at the apple store

I did go to the Eaton centre based on this information, but was then told unlocked was not available in store and was only available online. No known ETA for unlocked in the store.

Still got my phone without doing a new activation or renegotiate my contract. Just upgraded hardware and stayed on Month to Month

For those asking about lines, I hit the EC at about 1pm. There were about 12 people in front of me. TOok about 20 mins. ANother 40 mins to get it all done (including calling Rogers to activate) By the time I left, the line was a bit longer, but they appeared to have plenty of stock on hand.

Phone came online at about 5:00pm for me - so almost 3 hours before it was working.
Nov 16, 2007
175 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
hi-tech wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 3:40 pm
It really make no sense why people are willing to waste their time at the Apple store when all the carrier stores have ample stock and are generally not very busy.
Every Rogers store I called this morning was sold out..........but I was also only looking downtown in the financial district.
Jan 25, 2011
140 posts
1 upvote
marseille13 wrote:
Sep 21st, 2012 3:46 pm
Im assuming this is the yorkdale location ? Really interesting to hear theres no line there.
I was there this afternoon at 5 PM. This is my first time ever witnessing an iPhone anticipation lineup, and when I got there... there was like, only 15 people lining up. They had those stand/bars for people to line up, and they didn't have that many to use because there wasn't much lineup. They probably sold out in the morning, though.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1834 posts
260 upvotes
GTA
First in line 3 years in a row, apple magic???, the experience??? He's kind of spooky. What does he think his phone is disneyworld?

Has anyone waited in line to get an android phone?
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
lg777 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2012 4:43 pm
First in line 3 years in a row, apple magic???, the experience??? He's kind of spooky. What does he think his phone is disneyworld?

Has anyone waited in line to get an android phone?
His dream is to work at Apple some day. Isn't everybody's? :D :confused:
Jul 27, 2012
726 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
al3x89 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 1:43 pm
how are they paying extra?
People are marking them up a few hundred than the retail price and people are willing to pay MORE than the retail cost...that is what I meant.
Jul 27, 2012
726 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
7thEye wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 1:46 pm
This thread was designed for supporting folks that were heading over to wait until the morning, not to be crazy. if I am going I will get as many as I can and would be happy to exchange the phone for a premium that involved my time.
this ^
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20826 posts
10064 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
IMWHFMPC wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2012 10:32 pm
I am the second guy in the video
How did you manage to move from Cali to north York?
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
IMWHFMPC wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2012 10:32 pm
I am the second guy in the video
Why would you admit that in public?