None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28098 posts
989 upvotes
Dildo, NL
mushroomcheese wrote:
Aug 25th, 2007 3:46 pm
so if ................. it would be fully functional?
Not fully...but damn near it I guess?? Haven't really studied this baby.

Digital VoiceMail not supported by Rogers for one, won't be functional naturally.

I'm truly blown away by this 17yr old h4ckz0rz (lol @ me being a 3l33t speek n00b). If I was a major wireless corporation I'd be knocking on his front door offering him a SERIOUS position in my security (& R&D) department as this kid has some SERIOUS 1ups over the current personnel.
PayTM - Redeemed $20
PC Plus Tally & now SDM Opt: $3380 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4276 posts
66 upvotes
Wow, Yahoo says some phone cracking company traded the cracked iPhone for 3 8BG iPhones and a Nissan 350Z!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4276 posts
66 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 27th, 2007 9:00 pm
I'm truly blown away by this 17yr old h4ckz0rz (lol @ me being a 3l33t speek n00b). If I was a major wireless corporation I'd be knocking on his front door offering him a SERIOUS position in my security (& R&D) department as this kid has some SERIOUS 1ups over the current personnel.
He's heading off to his first year of university next week at Rochester Institute of Technology to study neuroscience (was in the globe and mail)
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1212 upvotes
Sauga
Impossibles wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 11:29 am
He's heading off to his first year of university next week at Rochester Institute of Technology to study neuroscience (was in the globe and mail)
...because he wants to "hack the brain", as he said in an interview. :|
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
751 upvotes
Vancouver
I must be the only person in the world who doesn't care
I have no interest in any of apple products :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4541 posts
192 upvotes
Vancity
importpsycho wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:00 pm
Then why bother posting in here?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28098 posts
989 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Impossibles wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 11:29 am
Doesn't mean he can't have a side job. :cheesygri
Rehan wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 11:51 am
...because he wants to "hack the brain", as he said in an interview. :|
Impressive outlook this kid has. The reality is that human (and all living things of course) physiology is exactly that. A mystery, just waiting for the first genius to truly unravel it's medical mysteries, and all the associated health benefit implications.

Just as the Human Genome Project has managed to radically change the way prenatal testing and all that jazz has begun to form our lives.
importpsycho wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:00 pm
seriously who are you?
sonick wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:43 pm
lmao +1
shaolinmonk wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:49 pm
he wants us to care that he doesn't care to show that he cares ;)
+1!!!!!!!!!!! This is the post of the day imho :D
PayTM - Redeemed $20
PC Plus Tally & now SDM Opt: $3380 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4541 posts
192 upvotes
Vancity
shaolinmonk wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:49 pm
he wants us to care that he doesn't care to show that he cares ;)
Nail on the head. The only thing worse than Apple fanboys, are douchey anti-apple snobs who think they're better than everybody by pretending to be 'non-mainstream'.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28098 posts
989 upvotes
Dildo, NL
sonick wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 3:15 pm
..douchey ....
lmao. I've never seen this useage before. Gotta lock it up ready for a spontaneous useage sometime tonight :lol:
PayTM - Redeemed $20
Apr 20, 2006
975 posts
48 upvotes
sonick wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 2:43 pm
Maybe he/she wants a phone for ms exchange, DUN, high speed network, simple copy and plaste, edit office documents, add programs, non crippled BT support so files can be exchanged easily, support for BT stereo, doesnt want to sync to manage music content, better (or more) file support, solid call quality...and the list goes on.

But then again, if you don't need the above features and looking for a sleek entertainment phone, iphone hands down.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4541 posts
192 upvotes
Vancity
johnwayne wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 5:30 pm
Maybe he/she wants a phone for ms exchange, DUN, high speed network, simple copy and plaste, edit office documents, add programs, non crippled BT support so files can be exchanged easily, support for BT stereo, doesnt want to sync to manage music content, better (or more) file support, solid call quality...and the list goes on.
If he was looking for all that, knew the iPhone could not do all this, and knew that he was not remotely interested in an iPhone at all then why would he bother reading, let alone replying to a thread named "iPhone officially unlocked!"?
Apr 20, 2006
975 posts
48 upvotes
sonick wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 5:44 pm
If he was looking for all that, knew the iPhone could not do all this, and knew that he was not remotely interested in an iPhone at all then why would he bother reading, let alone replying to a thread named "iPhone officially unlocked!"?
Good point. However, maybe he/she just didn't really care enough to reasearch the phone as it is not available to us Canadians. Now, based on the info available in this thread explaining that it can now work in Canada, reads up on the product then mentioning no interest; is that not relavent?

Is this not a discussion on the iphone? Not all discussions are based on mutual interest.

I may have made some assumptions, but so did you in your post.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18609 posts
326 upvotes
YYZ
sonick wrote:
Aug 28th, 2007 3:15 pm
Nail on the head. The only thing worse than Apple fanboys, are douchey anti-apple snobs who think they're better than everybody by pretending to be 'non-mainstream'.
I have to agree with you on this.