• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2016 10:54 am
1720 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1936 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's a freaking iPhone 4, with the BB OS?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9980 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
mobifree wrote:
May 1st, 2012 10:31 am
It's a freaking iPhone 4, with the BB OS?

looks more like a mini playbook to me.. i don't think that's an actual model though ... it's just showing the os..

if anything the OS borrows from ios, android and win7

live tiles, widgets etc...
http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/1/299110 ... oper-tools

keynote
http://live.theverge.com/Event/Live_fro ... 012?Page=0
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1936 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm a life long Blackberry user and don't want to give up the physical keyboard.
I send and receive dozens of emails daily and am constantly on Google Talk and BBM.
I just wish they would improve the OS and HW specs on a Bold 9900 type device instead of trying to clone the iPhone.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9980 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
mobifree wrote:
May 1st, 2012 10:57 am
I'm a life long Blackberry user and don't want to give up the physical keyboard.
I send and receive dozens of emails daily and am constantly on Google Talk and BBM.
I just wish they would improve the OS and HW specs on a Bold 9900 type device instead of trying to clone the iPhone.

if you only need email, gtalk and bbm you don't need an OS or HW spec revision lol

i'm sure the new BB's will still have keyboards they just won't be in the spotlight
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1936 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shaolinmonk wrote:
May 1st, 2012 11:02 am
if you only need email, gtalk and bbm you don't need an OS or HW spec revision lol
lol.. of course for these things.
But I would also like to do the things that Android and iPhone users are doing on their smartphones..
Jun 4, 2011
144 posts
32 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
mobifree wrote:
May 1st, 2012 12:14 pm
lol.. of course for these things.
But I would also like to do the things that Android and iPhone users are doing on their smartphones..

But you can't do android/iphone things unless you have the screen real estate, even the iphone's 3.5" screen is not big enough for people now. BB tried to have the best of both worlds with the torch and failed miserably, you really do have to pick one or the other (hardware kb or big screen).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9376 posts
1941 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
hakira wrote:
May 1st, 2012 1:22 pm
But you can't do android/iphone things unless you have the screen real estate, even the iphone's 3.5" screen is not big enough for people now. BB tried to have the best of both worlds with the torch and failed miserably, you really do have to pick one or the other (hardware kb or big screen).
That's pretty much it. The last couple BB OSes tried to support devices with physical keyboards and buttons and full screen devices and failed. It seemed schizophrenic and did neither really well (should a menu come up with a key or a gesture or both? etc). We saw exactly the same schism with Android until they effectively made it a touch OS that you happen to be able to use (one of the few remaining) devices with a physical keyboard. To have a consistent UI you need to pick a direction. If they try to shoehorn full support for both traditional BBs and touch based BBs they are going to continue to have UX failings.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1837 posts
92 upvotes
Kitchener
I rock the Bold 9900 as well because the physical keyboard is second to none. Watching the demo of the Blackberry 10 virtual keyboard was simply amazing. I was absolutely blown away.
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3772 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Lol

Looks like rim ripped the apple os. Looks just like the apple interface.

And did anyone else realize how slow the guy was typing???? Keyboard fail!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1837 posts
92 upvotes
Kitchener
^ how did they rip off apple? Because they used a swipe gesture? And the keyboard is a fail? Because the guy is typing slowly so the average person can see the predictive word suggestions in the keyboard? Yes that must be a fail. :facepalm:
Sum_guy wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
2901 posts
206 upvotes
Mississauga
just watched the 10 min clip from crackberry of the live keynote.

i'm excited. ditched bb for iphone, but this excites me.

it was always the little improvements and the subtle-ness of changes that go a long way. swiping to delete or swiping to get to numbers/symbols, that time travel camera app, those are pretty solid innovations.

yeah its borrowed a bit from everything, ios, wp, playbook. TATs capabilities coming through finally though.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1837 posts
92 upvotes
Kitchener
mbk.2k3 wrote:
May 1st, 2012 7:46 pm
just watched the 10 min clip from crackberry of the live keynote.

i'm excited. ditched bb for iphone, but this excites me.

it was always the little improvements and the subtle-ness of changes that go a long way. swiping to delete or swiping to get to numbers/symbols, that time travel camera app, those are pretty solid innovations.

yeah its borrowed a bit from everything, ios, wp, playbook. TATs capabilities coming through finally though.

I think you mean this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5KKQx04yD0
Sum_guy wrote:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
meh... stick to the physical keyboard.... swiftkey x already exists for soft keyboards
© 2015
× < >