• Jan 21st, 2016 10:54 am
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4718 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
elitepilot09 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:02 am
Do you guys think I should get the following plan with my BB10 with Bell?

250 Daytime minutes
Unlimited Incoming
Unlimited texting
Call display/foward/voice mail etc.
Unlimited social networking (I dont need or want data... my bbm/twitter/facebook suffice)

All for 40 dollars. BUT I have to buy the phone for $400 dollars under 3 year plan because they will not give me full credit since I don't want to be hooked on a data plan and pay 65+ tax
$40/month for no unlimited voice or actual data.... no way.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3804 posts
266 upvotes
Its not just rogers selling well, ive been at multiple stores for other carriers, many of them were sold out of stock. I was able to try it at sq1 bell kiosk, me & my gf were pleasantly surprised. The msg/texting was great, better than any phone we've owned this yr (s3, ip5, razr hd, optimus g, n4 arrives today). We also thought browsing was competitive. Not saying its better than ios/android but its a compelling alternative, esp considering i thought they had 0 chance of making a competitive phone. $550 outright from koodo (if you can find it) isnt unreasonable considering the best carrier outright price on ip5 is $670 & s3 is $600.
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
diggler649 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 10:07 am
As a side note, I walked by the Rogers and The Source at Eaton Centre yesterday during lunch, there was nobody looking at the demo models. I'm surprised considering it just launched this week.
I was at the Best Buy (Eaton Centre) and I was the only person looking at the Z10, lots of folks in the cell phone section though. Same with The Source and Blacks camera across the street.

I'm not saying it's a bad smartphone. IMHO what it's missing is the connectivity and ecosystem that Apple & Google offer. If BlackBerry's aiming for third place in the smartphone market they've got MicroSoft to contend with (they're leagues away from Android & iOS).

I have no idea what MicroSofts plans are for WP8 and if they feel threatened by BB they have the resources to lay siege to BB and they can afford to wait it out.

That said MicroSoft could just drop WP8 altogether like the Zune or Kin and stick with Windows 8 & Office (their bread and butter).
Bill
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
BlueBill wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 10:45 am
I was at the Best Buy (Eaton Centre) and I was the only person looking at the Z10, lots of folks in the cell phone section though. Same with The Source and Blacks camera across the street.

I'm not saying it's a bad smartphone. IMHO what it's missing is the connectivity and ecosystem that Apple & Google offer. If BlackBerry's aiming for third place in the smartphone market they've got MicroSoft to contend with (they're leagues away from Android & iOS).

I have no idea what MicroSofts plans are for WP8 and if they feel threatened by BB they have the resources to lay siege to BB and they can afford to wait it out.

That said MicroSoft could just drop WP8 altogether like the Zune or Kin and stick with Windows 8 & Office (their bread and butter).
I agree with you. I actually love the OS. Way more than IOS or Android. I would get the BB Z10 if the app selection was better. I just rely on too many apps for my Iphone in my everyday life that BB App World just doesn't carry, or may never carry if devs never get on board.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3978 posts
247 upvotes
is what important in a phone now aways only apps, mostly crappy ones, and a phone?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3978 posts
247 upvotes
diggler649 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 12:14 pm
I agree with you. I actually love the OS. Way more than IOS or Android. I would get the BB Z10 if the app selection was better. I just rely on too many apps for my Iphone in my everyday life that BB App World just doesn't carry, or may never carry if devs never get on board.
honestly, what do you rely upon? I am truly curious as to what an app does that you can not do on say a web browser? this is really an honest question. perhaps i am just old....
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9376 posts
1940 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
mkjr wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 1:21 pm
honestly, what do you rely upon? I am truly curious as to what an app does that you can not do on say a web browser? this is really an honest question. perhaps i am just old....
Speed, responsiveness, access to local data, gaming are a few I can think of. Having said that, for the majority of apps, temporarily using web apps until a native app is available is probably a workable solution.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3978 posts
247 upvotes
ceredon wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 1:29 pm
Speed, responsiveness, access to local data, gaming are a few I can think of. Having said that, for the majority of apps, temporarily using web apps until a native app is available is probably a workable solution.
or mobile versions of many sites that have apps...personally, to collect more information about you...but that is probably OT....
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2354 posts
150 upvotes
Brampton
Been busy all week. Finally got around to getting my Z10. It should be received by Tuesday =)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6563 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
I work with a bunch of serious android and iOS users and all of them spent a few minutes playing with my z10 at the office this week, every single one could tell me at least 2 things that BB10 did better than android or iphone... it was pretty neat to see.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15418 posts
799 upvotes
Woodbridge
What is it with BlackBerry & Communication. It's really their strongest suit.

I have my Z10, Note 2, iMac in front and I get a NOTIFICATION from the Z10 first. All running GMail.

20-30 seconds later my Note 2 and iMac (Mail) notifies me. Also, it was much clearer when making Voice calls.

This is why I my first Smart Phone was Bold 9000 and why I ask about Apps because I really want to KEEP it and sell the Note 2 when S4 comes out.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3804 posts
266 upvotes
Rainne wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 10:21 am
Artificially limiting the supply for launch and beginning, we'll see how many BBs are sold at the end of the first quarter.
As of the end of 2012, less than 1 million n4 had been sold. Yet you wouldve thought the actual # was much more cause everytime it was back in stock it sold out immediately. Hype on the forums also fuelled the perception of the n4's popularity. Im not talking crap about the n4, it represents the best value IMO, but it isnt as popular as ppl on forums believe. Everyone knows what a ip5 or s3 is, tons of ppl still dont know what the n4 is. Now that there is lots of n4 stock, demand has died down IMO. I think bb shouldnt make the same mistake
× < >