[Merged] LF: Reasonable Notary Services. - GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2016 12:27 pm
Sep 17, 2008
50 posts

[Merged] LF: Reasonable Notary Services. - GTA

Here we go: The details for the Free ( / Reasonable ) Notary Service:
Call up & book an appointment.
Bendale library: ( Book an appointment for wednesday evening)
1515 Danforth Rd.
Toronto, ON
M1J 1H5
Phone: 416-396-8910
2425 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 201, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada M1K 5G8
(south-east corner of Eglinton Avenue and Kennedy Road)
Telephone: (416) 285-4460

3. A user mentioned They charge $20/ doc .. No longer free service....
Fairview Mall
1800 Sheppard Ave E, Unit U219A
Toronto, ON M2J 5A7
416 493-0752

4. Unverified.

Praveen Kalra
Settlement Worker
Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre
315-1420 Burnhamthorpe Rd. East
Mississauga, ON. L4X 2Z9
Phone: 905-629-1873 Extn. 244
Fax : 905-629-0791
email :
web :

5. A user mentioned this contact (Thanks Chihuahua).

$5.00 per document

His contact info
Ian Gardner
416 82 47401

he is located in Brampton near DIXIE AND CLARK[/QUOTE]

Hi All,

I am looking for getting some documents notarized. These are not any legal papers, just some appointment letter & other docs reqd for an application. I inquired some places like read seal notary, some lawyers etc. The minimum I could fine was $35 per signature :mad: , Quite exorbitant.
I know in US, people charge < $7 for these services.

Am looking for a cheap option as I am not really seeking any LAW services.
Can any one get me a deal for this ??

55 replies
May 27, 2008
267 posts
I paid $25 at city hall to have a commissioner of oaths notarize a letter. I wasn't happy about paying that much, but it was convenient, so I went with it.
Sep 25, 2002
158 posts
I need it it done few month ago I just started calling different law offices and the cheapest I found was $25... I also found that notary public offices I called were charging a lot more (one even wanted 59.99... crazy)
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14317 posts
The closer the Notary is to the government office, the more $ they charge.
If they are in the same building, expect to get jacked on price.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Sep 17, 2008
50 posts
Hi All,

I am gng thru the same, whn asked for $25.

Well I found out a public Library where lawyer visits & offers free service. Nothin cheaper then FREE :) . I have booked an appointment this wednesday. Will share my experience.
PM me if you need the details, I dont have them ready now to put it here rt away.
Thanks all.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
anyone got any notary contacts in Toronto for free for eg. the library etc in Toronto?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
the above listed contacts are for non-Canadian citizens or low income families only
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1258 posts
I'd be pleased to notarize or commission any document for no charge, provided that is all that is required. I'm in the GTA. You would, of course, have to work within my schedule.

EDIT: I am no longer offering this service. My original thinking was to offer free notary services for members of this community, in the hopes that I may get an actual client or two out of the deal. Many requests I have received have been from people who appear have somehow found my post and set-up an account just to ask for the notary service. If you can prove you are a low-income individual then I'll notarize for free, otherwise it's $30.
Sep 17, 2008
50 posts
Thanks Canuck32 :) . I am sure your offer will be of help to someone in need :) .

I got my documents notarized at one of the Public library at:

Agincourt Community Services Association (ACSA)
4155 Sheppard Ave. E. Suite #100, Scarborough, Ontario, M1S 1T4

The visiting lawyer did hesitate a little, But he was good to notarize the docs.
I really had more then 15 docs to be notarized & I cannot afford to pay for them for sure. as for canadian citizenship , no one really asked me about it, But yes the lawyer did mention that this service is usually for low/no income people.

Hope it helps someone.
Feb 20, 2006
364 posts
I am in woodbridge and am looking to a get a single document notarized.

It is for travel out of the country with my daughter and since my wife won't be travelling with me she has written a note authorizing this travel.

I called around to a few notaries and they wanted $40 - $60. Absolutely ridiculous! I think I'll take my chances at the airport if thats the price I have to pay.

Can anybody recommend an inexpensive notary in the Woodbridge area??
Heatware: Craig0
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
craig0, look in the yellow pages, I found someone in Mississauga around Erin Mills who notarized for about $22-23.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4667 posts
I had to get a doc notarized ... went to a law office that presides in the building I was going to - just 5 doors down. 25 bucks by a lawyer ... convenient so what the heck.

I phoned a notary by my house and he wanted 30 bucks and you had to make an appt. I just walked into the law office and did it within 10 mins ... i'm not here for the service, i'm here for the signature.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
May 21, 2007
1 posts
I just contacted the Fairview mall place at 1800 sheppard and they said it costs 20$ to notarize documents.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
33262 posts
For notary public, will I need to draft the document or will the office do that for me? It's for my daughter flying with my wife out of Toronto and flying back in as an unaccompanied minor.

Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
alanbrenton wrote:
May 16th, 2009 10:22 am
For notary public, will I need to draft the document or will the office do that for me? It's for my daughter flying with my wife out of Toronto and flying back in as an unaccompanied minor.
You should write the letter yourself. The notary just witnesses you sign the document and then puts his signature & stamp on it.

There's a sample travel consent letter at ... nt-eng.asp that should help you out.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
× < >