• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2012 11:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3696 upvotes
_Allan_ wrote: I buy my HDMI cables at Canada Computers & Dollarama... they produce very close to the same quality of image and sound as the $100 Monster or $70 RCA/Phillips/etc branded cables.
Just because it has a name brand on it, doesn't mean it's better... and likewise, just because there is no name brand, doesn't mean it's worse.
THAT being aid, being gouged to pay $39.99 for a $0.015 cent cable is ludicrist. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt - shipping from China probably costs them $1 per cable (they send hundreds of thousands at a time) and that's still a $38.985 profit PER CABLE.
Id love to hear where your BOM came from.
Feb 21, 2012
239 posts
167 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
dtm252535 wrote: Will it work with otterbox defender?
You can buy a Lightning to 30pin cable, it costs $10 more tho
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
Anyone found and succesfully used a third lightning adapter for iPhone 5 yet?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2865 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
dtm252535 wrote: i'm not a rebel android lover who only likes android because i love to hate the good brand lol. I'll stick with quality thanks.
ahahahaha
Dec 2, 2008
345 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
All of the Bell stores I've been to have had them in stock :) Try there!
:cheesygri
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
As long as there's warranty on my iPhone, Apple will replace this $30 adapter I bought for it. So, say, 2 years.

Good luck returning that $5 knockoff to Hong Kong. You really should order about 6 of them now, save time replacing them.

That said, I was happy to order Monoprice thunderbolt cables, but I'm going with ONE good Apple lightning adapter. For now.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1249 posts
349 upvotes
Wow... even aftermarket USB cables cost $10.50?! My dad kept bugging me to buy him some iPhone5 cables cuz he needs one for the car and one for the office. Well I told him I can afford them once I win the lottery next week.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
When it comes to Apple accessories, I try to stick with them especially for iPod & iPhone. Some of my family & friends who bought knock offs and they either didn't work or failed after a few months.

If I was going to trust and put my money, it would be on monoprice.com.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote: I'm not a rebel android lover who only likes android because I love to hate the good brand lol. I'll stick with quality thanks.
if you care so much about quality then why not buy the real thing and not a knock off?... ;)

No one here can tell you if the fake stuff works yet, or if they will break down/burst into flames in a few months
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
_Allan_ wrote: I buy my HDMI cables at Canada Computers & Dollarama... they produce very close to the same quality of image and sound as the $100 Monster or $70 RCA/Phillips/etc branded cables.
Just because it has a name brand on it, doesn't mean it's better... and likewise, just because there is no name brand, doesn't mean it's worse.
THAT being aid, being gouged to pay $39.99 for a $0.015 cent cable is ludicrist. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt - shipping from China probably costs them $1 per cable (they send hundreds of thousands at a time) and that's still a $38.985 profit PER CABLE.
Not close. But it's the exact same image quality. It's digital.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Guys.. Stop buying cables and accessories.. They are marked up by all manufacturers

Wanna listen to music use te 3.5 jack
Wanna watch movies, pictures or whatever get a xios (xbmc box) and airplay it over

Also stop paying $2 for fountain pop that costs less then 0.01 cents
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2003
1731 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Fairview Mall still doesn't have the non-cable adapter yet.

Also, I have an iTrip that I used in the car with my iPhone 4. Does anyone have any guesses as to whether or not a Lightning/30-pin adapter will allow it to work with iPhone 5? I don't see why not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)