Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] London Drugs: TELUS Optik TV - HD PVR & HD Boxes $99.99 & $89.99 (PM @BB/FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2013 8:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3606 posts
214 upvotes
BC

[London Drugs] London Drugs: TELUS Optik TV - HD PVR & HD Boxes $99.99 & $89.99 (PM @BB/FS)

April 19-2013 update: the Optik Pvr is $79.99 and the hd box is $69!!!

http://www.londondrugs.com/on/demandwar ... ow?q=optik

BB and FS should PM, making the PVR $62 and the HD box $62 http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResu ... ecure=True
101 replies
Oct 4, 2008
497 posts
72 upvotes
Bestbuy was already sold out of CIS430 (the 500GB recorder) but Futureshop wasn't yet.
Bought online, thanks OP.
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
35 upvotes
The price is amazing. I like this hot deal.
Sep 17, 2003
169 posts
53 upvotes
Anyone know if the PVR can be used as a standalone digital box? For example, if there are 3 PVRs, can 1 be used as a PVR and the other 2 be used as digital boxes?
Mar 12, 2007
40 posts
24 upvotes
If you have 1 PVR, the others connected can also record/pause/rewind..etc.
Basically, all you need is 1 PVRs.. all the other normal boxes will act like a PVR
Sep 17, 2003
169 posts
53 upvotes
Yep. But since the price of the PVR is the same as a standalone, i was thinking of buying multiple PVRs and using the extra PVRs as a standalone digital box (if that's possible). Better resale value later.
00dinan3 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2012 3:49 pm
If you have 1 PVR, the others connected can also record/pause/rewind..etc.
Basically, all you need is 1 PVRs.. all the other normal boxes will act like a PVR
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9471 posts
673 upvotes
good deal bc wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2012 2:50 pm
lowest price in a year I have seen
Yeah i think its the lowest price. Was the same price during FS's VIP sale (1 day only) and if you got lucky, PM @ BB for $63 (bought a couple using that method).
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1030 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver
GVRtrader wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2012 4:13 pm
Yeah i think its the lowest price. Was the same price during FS's VIP sale (1 day only) and if you got lucky, PM @ BB for $63 (bought a couple using that method).
Yeah I got that too, awesome deal, but this is great for those who missed out!

Nyd
Dec 26, 2010
649 posts
120 upvotes
xcopy.exe wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2012 4:06 pm
Yep. But since the price of the PVR is the same as a standalone, i was thinking of buying multiple PVRs and using the extra PVRs as a standalone digital box (if that's possible). Better resale value later.
They won't install multiple PVRs. 1 PVR per system and the rest are non-PVR. Not a bad idea to buy a couple extra and resell them new though at this price.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1266 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a rental unit right now... Anyone know if they have to come to your house to take out the rental unit? and if they charge $$ for that service?
Oct 4, 2008
497 posts
72 upvotes
canadiantofu wrote:
Sep 4th, 2012 12:48 am
I have a rental unit right now... Anyone know if they have to come to your house to take out the rental unit? and if they charge $$ for that service?
Yeah I know what happens. You have to call Telus and tell them you bought a new PVR and now you want to cancel the rental and activate your purchased unit. They have you disconnect the rental and connect the new one and it asks for an access code, which they have to provide. Once that is done, they have you find a box to put the rental in and take it in to Canada Post, then the folks there take it off your hands, no charge to you.

Remember to get the tracking number! Put it somewhere safe! Don't throw it out until you get a bill that doesn't include the rental. In my case it took Telus 3 months of billing before they would acknowledge that the rental had been returned, even though I would call in and quote the tracking number and they claimed they had dutifully written down the information. Then the next month would come, the rental would be back on the bill and I would call in and they would say "oh darn it seems we lost that tracking number you read to us last month, would you by chance still have it? because we want that unit back and the only proof we accept is the tracking number, which we sincerely hope you remembered to keep. Can you read it out to us right now?" They be swine.
Mar 21, 2010
708 posts
92 upvotes
Edmonton
^lol yup agreed. I have done this a couple of times and in each instance the removal of the pvr from the bill was very much a manual process. Keep the tracking number until your bill no longer shows the charge!
Aug 1, 2011
420 posts
224 upvotes
AB
Not sure how this works, do I have to buy both of those to get Telus Optik tv or will just anyone of both will do?
in before lmgtfy
× < >