Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] London Drugs: TELUS Optik TV - HD PVR & HD Boxes $99.99 & $89.99 (PM @BB/FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2013 8:52 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 1, 2012
234 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
kevinlo2 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2012 4:30 pm
I am using Bell but considering to switch to Optik. I know the Optik PVR recorded programs can be used by a few receiver. But can it have more than one PVR in the same house and the programs recorded in these PVRs be shared by others?

For those who has used Bell satellite TV, how's the Optik compare with Bell in terms of picture quality and programs?

Thanks in advance
Two PVRs can not work at the same time.

However, it's possible to make one PVR into a slave and use it as a regular PVR. Techs never do this. However if you call in you make be able to get a customer service rep to do that and give you a key. Getting a key for a new box over the phone is hard enough as most reps just want to send a tech over, so getting one that with also make a PVR into a slave is even rarer.

It can be done if you just hang up if a rep doesn't give it to you and call again later (don't tell the rep you'll call again later).
Mar 10, 2005
253 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I just PM a HD PVR at BB. It is $74.47 after BC EHF and tax. I am using Telus phone and Internet, I know it has $5 off each bundle. But last time I check Telus does not provide a much better price in TV package comparing with Bell. Will call Telus to see if they have any offer
Aug 28, 2009
92 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
I tried calling tech support but they won't turn one of my master into a slave. Both rep and tech support won't do it.

Anyways if anyone in Edmonton got a spare (new) regular box I will trade for a CIS 430 if you like.
Apr 9, 2003
370 posts
Looks like the deal has expired
Have a great Deal
Pinuzz
--------------------
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3605 posts
213 upvotes
BC
UPDATE- BOXING WEEK SALE - $49 for either the PVR or HD box at London drugs or future shop

BEST PRICE OF THE YEAR
Jul 3, 2007
124 posts
28 upvotes
Great price, but I'm wondering about this from the Telus web page:
Existing Optik TV clients wanting to add or change an existing digital box, including connecting an Xbox 360®, will require a TELUS technician visit to connect the new hardware. An $100 fee applies
Am I the only one that thinks paying $100 is a complete ripoff?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3605 posts
213 upvotes
BC
If you ask the tech on the phone they will typically give you the activation code over the phone
Jan 13, 2011
114 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton
eggshen wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:49 pm
Great price, but I'm wondering about this from the Telus web page:

Am I the only one that thinks paying $100 is a complete ripoff?

Just got off the phone and added a new box without any charges. the rep gave me a registration number and thats it.
Oct 4, 2010
234 posts
57 upvotes
Surrey
i received mine today from the Futureshop boxing day sale. I did not get a remote with it though. On the box the remote has a white sticker over it. Anyone else not get the remote?
Jul 3, 2007
124 posts
28 upvotes
Yep, received my box, connected. Called Telus and got my activation code without needing to spend $100 and a technician. Thanks and thanked to Good Deal BC (and rupi21).
Oct 4, 2010
234 posts
57 upvotes
Surrey
do you need a new code if you wanted to plug the old HD box into another room? This is my first PVR, is it normal for the hard drive to continuously spin (tick tick tick sounds) even when it's not recording or not being accessed to watch the recorded content?
Dec 20, 2006
542 posts
33 upvotes
matrixfwd wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:02 pm
do you need a new code if you wanted to plug the old HD box into another room? This is my first PVR, is it normal for the hard drive to continuously spin (tick tick tick sounds) even when it's not recording or not being accessed to watch the recorded content?
Yeah it is normal, it is always buffering so you can rewind/ pause etc. if you hit record 30 minutes into watching a show the 30 minutes you watched will be recorded as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1685 posts
58 upvotes
Since all the recording is done through the PVR, what other features does the PVR box have that the normal HD boxes can't do? Say the PVR is upstairs and I'm using the normal HD box downstairs, what features will I miss out on?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
2783 posts
239 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
good deal bc wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 7:16 pm
UPDATE- BOXING WEEK SALE - $49 for either the PVR or HD box at London drugs or future shop

BEST PRICE OF THE YEAR

says $69 at futureshop/bestbuy
× < >