Expired Hot Deals

[London Drugs] London Drugs: TELUS Optik TV - HD PVR & HD Boxes $99.99 & $89.99 (PM @BB/FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2013 8:52 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2010
649 posts
120 upvotes
Yellowknife
canuckles wrote:
Apr 20th, 2013 3:13 pm
Thanks op,

I ended up picking one up at Future. Their price was already adjusted in the store to $99.99, but it is the newer model with the new remotes. Not sure if they are all like that now but I do like the looks of the new remotes plus I still have one of the older ones kicking around at home.

Hopefully it goes down in the next few weeks but at $99 still a fair deal.
You'll find the newer remotes can only be programmed for a tv and one other device. Old remotes allowed for TV, DVD and an AUX. Usually if you're programming them all you have a universal remote, but something to keep in mind.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3732 posts
639 upvotes
Vancouver
Would just like to thank gooddealBC for his help setting up my Telus account. The tech came in the other day and installed my service along with the PVR box I bought from here and my Xbox. Confirmed pricing/deal with the reps earlier as well and everything is good (credits/pricing)!

Have definitely heard bad things about Telus but if you live close to a node, like me, you shouldn't have any problems- 32mbps/3HD profile with Internet 25 works flawlessly, when all three boxes are running, my internet bandwidth does drop down slightly to around 20mbps but that's not an everyday scenario for me and sometimes I get around 26-27mbps if I only have one box running. Wouldn't recommend for a shared house with lots of TVs, but a small family who is eligible for their best profile would be happy with the service.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2005
3817 posts
278 upvotes
BC
lhsonic wrote:
Apr 29th, 2013 8:54 pm
Would just like to thank gooddealBC for his help setting up my Telus account. The tech came in the other day and installed my service along with the PVR box I bought from here and my Xbox. Confirmed pricing/deal with the reps earlier as well and everything is good (credits/pricing)!

Have definitely heard bad things about Telus but if you live close to a node, like me, you shouldn't have any problems- 32mbps/3HD profile with Internet 25 works flawlessly, when all three boxes are running, my internet bandwidth does drop down slightly to around 20mbps but that's not an everyday scenario for me and sometimes I get around 26-27mbps if I only have one box running. Wouldn't recommend for a shared house with lots of TVs, but a small family who is eligible for their best profile would be happy with the service.
Your welcome!
Oct 14, 2009
335 posts
39 upvotes
good deal bc wrote:
Apr 30th, 2013 12:04 am
Your welcome!
Hi good deal bc, any chance to hear from you about any Telus promo?
Feb 18, 2013
700 posts
1338 upvotes
Telus Optik 500 GB PVR
$84.99 after Price Match at Future Shop/Best Buy

Pretty great deal considering these are $15/mo to rent from Telus.
Not clearance or old stock, these are current models.

On sale for $99 at London Drugs

Regular price at $249 at BestBuy / FutureShop

$99.99 - $15.00 (10% of diff) = $84.99

Had no issues price matching in store.
(First posted deal, hope it's not a repost!)
Mar 11, 2007
749 posts
35 upvotes
Just watch, BB will definately come up with some excuse not to match this..
Feb 18, 2013
700 posts
1338 upvotes
scorpion2886 wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 8:16 pm
For what it's worth, I price matched at Future Shop with no problems.
Price matching is pretty YMMV at some locations?
Jul 4, 2009
77 posts
4 upvotes
scorpion2886 wrote:
May 3rd, 2013 8:16 pm
BB on Cambie in Vancouver is NOTORIOUS for doing everything in the book to refuse Price Matching.... I have no idea why I even try there anymore.
Jun 15, 2013
197 posts
51 upvotes
I wonder if these will go on sale soon.. looking at signing up with telus
Jul 29, 2012
851 posts
218 upvotes
Alberta
I'm also awaiting the PVR to go on sale! Let's go london drugs!