Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Merged] Memory Express: Black Friday Sale - Starts 9pm MST - 11pm EST

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2012 10:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6324 posts
3868 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Damn... I should have paid attention as I really really need a 3TB HDD for my PC. All outta space right now. Arggg...

EDIT: Anyone know of any other good alternatives still available somewhere? I am looking to purchase one ASAP
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
3137 posts
466 upvotes
Ebayonly wrote: not looking to spend too much. there are much cheaper options on monitors the only reason i want the asus is because its the cheapest swivel monitor i can find on sale at the moment
dell u2312hm was 175$ 2 weeks ago on a sale
maybe wait for that cyber monday/boxing day
Oct 31, 2011
101 posts
103 upvotes
MONTREAL
Fantaz wrote: Well, for online orders, I spoke to ME over the phone and they will be PM'ing all Black Friday sales. You just need to be required to send screenshots by e-mail of the item in-stock after the item(s) go out-of-stock at the time they verify the price. Hello i7 3820 and 800D case. :)

Damn, I hope ME comes to Toronto...
hey, i was wondering if you can send me a ss of the i7-3820 so i can pm as well. thanks in advance, btw which competitor is it?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
Stoopid_Flanders wrote: Is that benq 21" monitor for $89 a good deal?
NCIX also has it on sale at the same price. I was interested on it as well for a dual display setup for a new pc I just assembled, so I googled it and found some subjective reviews saying it is good enough: good blacks, good contrast, bright, poor color palette, some edge bleeding, narrow viewing angle, colors not uniform on the display, etc. It seems it uses the cheapest VA implementation. It's only VGA/DVI no DP, no HDMI. Its own base is pretty basic but it can be mounted in a VESA base.

I'd say it's good as a secondary display for a laptop but not for a main display.

Perhaps it's better to wait for an IPS sale. There have been some as cheap as ~$150-170 earlier this year.

I have had LCD, LED glossy and LED matte displays, and I'm really looking forward to an IPS display, even if the cheapest IPS technology. I checked some out at BB/FS/Staples/Mac and the improvements are way visible (nice contrasts, colors are more vibrant, sharper images/texts, etc.)
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3432 posts
658 upvotes
WolfDV wrote: Details please?
NCIX had the i7-3820 for $199 and ME had it for $324 I believe and after PMing with ME, it comes to $166 before tax :)

Does anyone have a good LGA2011 mobo to recommend? :D
Oct 19, 2005
245 posts
46 upvotes
ExcelPremium wrote: NCIX had the i7-3820 for $199 and ME had it for $324 I believe and after PMing with ME, it comes to $166 before tax :)

Would you mind sharing the screenshot that you used to PM?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
I'm using the PA238QR. It's a very solid monitor. Great picture, and zero glare. Since it's an IPS the blacks aren't quite as dark or detailed as they should be, but that's expected. The only issues I've had are some occasional HDMI handshake problems with my PS3, and that switching between inputs can be sort of the a pain sometimes.

I took a quick look and both of those monitors you linked are available from Futureshop for about $50 more, so you can pricebeat for another $4-5 bucks off and get free shipping as well (they seem to ship a lot faster also)
Oct 31, 2006
540 posts
164 upvotes
anyone else who got the 3930K still have an inprocess status - how long does it normally take to get processed?
Sep 22, 2012
890 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
PM'ed ME a G600 mouse from NCIX 24h ago, which comes down at around $42, my order status is still showing 'NewOrder'. Now the G600 is out of stock at NCIX. Wonder if they'll reject my PM. I still have two other items that are supposed to be shipped with the G600, if the G600 PM gets rejected will they ship the other two items without notifying me? If PM gets rejected I would like to cancel the whole order.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Bonzi wrote: Would you mind sharing the screenshot that you used to PM?
Screenshot for the most part doesn't work with ME PM... they need to be able to see the item in stock (generally) before they'll match. More so when the difference is this big and they know it would be OOS when you tried to order. Even in store, their process is always look it up so no point in even doing print out/showing phone... it works the same as just going in and telling them where.
Oct 5, 2005
186 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
ExcelPremium wrote: NCIX had the i7-3820 for $199 and ME had it for $324 I believe and after PMing with ME, it comes to $166 before tax :)

Has ME actually accepted the PM? I got in on the deal right before ME sold out online but I'm still stuck in the "InProcess" stage.

Unfortunately, NCIX only had a limited supply at that price and they're no longer selling it for $200...would this mean ME won't be price matching it?
Would I need a screenshot to help with the pricematching process? Anyone got a screenshot? Thanks in advance!
Sep 22, 2012
890 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
Unkno wrote: Has ME actually accepted the PM? I got in on the deal right before ME sold out online but I'm still stuck in the "InProcess" stage.

Unfortunately, NCIX only had a limited supply at that price and they're no longer selling it for $200...would this mean ME won't be price matching it?
InProcess stage is pre or post NewOrder stage?
Oct 5, 2005
186 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
tubo111 wrote: InProcess stage is pre or post NewOrder stage?
I believe "InProcess" occurs after "NewOrder"
Oct 20, 2010
654 posts
222 upvotes
does anybody know if there is going to be restock for the AMD a8 & MB combo?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
bugsbunny01 wrote: does anybody know if there is going to be restock for the AMD a8 & MB combo?
I hope so. Fantastic deal, sorry I missed it :(
Jun 20, 2008
102 posts
8 upvotes
Whitby
Thanked for the detailed explaination. I will be using for lap top setup (2nd display as you mentioned), so I will likely pull the trigger on this one.
aviador wrote: NCIX also has it on sale at the same price. I was interested on it as well for a dual display setup for a new pc I just assembled, so I googled it and found some subjective reviews saying it is good enough: good blacks, good contrast, bright, poor color palette, some edge bleeding, narrow viewing angle, colors not uniform on the display, etc. It seems it uses the cheapest VA implementation. It's only VGA/DVI no DP, no HDMI. Its own base is pretty basic but it can be mounted in a VESA base.

I'd say it's good as a secondary display for a laptop but not for a main display.

Perhaps it's better to wait for an IPS sale. There have been some as cheap as ~$150-170 earlier this year.

I have had LCD, LED glossy and LED matte displays, and I'm really looking forward to an IPS display, even if the cheapest IPS technology. I checked some out at BB/FS/Staples/Mac and the improvements are way visible (nice contrasts, colors are more vibrant, sharper images/texts, etc.)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1218 posts
1005 upvotes
Toronto
bugsbunny01 wrote: does anybody know if there is going to be restock for the AMD a8 & MB combo?
Konowl wrote: I hope so. Fantastic deal, sorry I missed it :(
From experience, they rarely restock, in fact, you'll find lots of things on memoryexpress that are out of stock. Especially things that people PM.