• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 2, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
Not to thread jack but I don't know kuc about comouters...

I Do videeo editing and photoshop for hobby and I find when rendering it takes really long. Would a new video card help?!

I have an i5 desktop with a GeForce gt 230 video card. What would be a good upgrade from this?!

Merry Christmas yall
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
I dislike lack of ports on mobos, and the P8Z77-V LK is lacking in that department. (no esata/firewire/few sata?)
Banned
Sep 22, 2011
331 posts
85 upvotes
deCkstr wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 4:17 pm
Not to thread jack but I don't know kuc about comouters...

I Do videeo editing and photoshop for hobby and I find when rendering it takes really long. Would a new video card help?!

I have an i5 desktop with a GeForce gt 230 video card. What would be a good upgrade from this?!

Merry Christmas yall
Yes, a new video card will definitely help. What is your motherboard, and what PSU is in use?

Picked up a 430W Bronze + Antec PSU, a Aurora FTC Case (has been $10 cheaper in the past but still great value and need it now), and a mobile phone portable battery charger. Decentish, nothing to special but spent $140 tax and shipping included.
Apr 8, 2010
64 posts
69 upvotes
virtuman1980 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 2:01 pm
Since you are lining up at TD, might as well get the Asus P8Z77-V PRO for $150. Lots more features than the no-frills LK model (well worth the extra dough imo), excellent overclocking capabilities, etc. Lowest price to date; usually goes for $200+. And NCIX has the combo (i5 3570k + P8Z77-V PRO) for $390.

I have 4x4GB in mine with no memory or DIMM slot issue. Board revision 1.04 with the latest BIOS version 1708. Btw, when you are buying the motherboard, be sure to ask to open the box and check if the CPU socket has any bent pin. Bring a magnifying glass if you need. I believe most of the memory/DIMM slot problems arise from bent pins.
Sorry to ask, but where do you see this mobo on sale for $150? I can only see the ASUS M5A99FX Pro on the front page of the TD flyer for $150
Dec 21, 2009
371 posts
112 upvotes
any good quality monitors?
Looking for a 23" lcd. Doesn't have to be IPS but a good quality one.
Sep 11, 2006
853 posts
292 upvotes
sickn wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 8:33 pm
Sorry to ask, but where do you see this mobo on sale for $150? I can only see the ASUS M5A99FX Pro on the front page of the TD flyer for $150
I actually went to the store to ask one of the sales rep on Dec 24...I asked him the part number on the flyer shows the Asus M5A99FX Pro motherboard but the description stated Pro 7 Series Motherboard. He said it's the Asus P8Z77-V PRO board. I asked him are you positive? And he answered yes.

Also, the picture on the flyer clearly shows the P8Z77-V PRO motherboard. I guess they make an error and put the wrong part number on the flyer. I think a lot of people will be missing this awesome deal because like you did they thought it was an AMD board ;) Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yup I'm still asking.

Any recommendations for high air flow laptop cooling pad/fans? Good quality bulk LCD/LED cleaning liquid? Just the solution I don't need any cloths.

I'd like to add some requests for:
Backlit keys wireless keyboards with pointing device control (trackpad/trackball/thumbstick). Do these exist?

Bluetooth stereo headsets w/mic. I bought the Syba black & red unit for $20 during BF/CM and it's great but missing 2 functions. They cut corners leaving out fast forward & rewind but kept skip forward(next track) and skip backward(previous track). I find that a bad choice for leaving out a feature because you can always fast forward or rewind to whatever track you want but you can't skip to a specific time stamp.

Finally which SSD has the fastest 4KB random read & write? I don't care about the max transfer rates advertised in the 400-550MB/s ranges because those are only Sequential transfers and don't matter to me at all. Aswell I'll be using the SSD on SATAII 3Gbps since that's my laptop limit; but I'm looking at SATAIII 6Gbps SSDs because they have higher 4KB speeds. I'm thinking the Samsung 840 Pro is the best deal for these requirements?
ficklen wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 7:57 am
Amazing price. Paid 125 last year and love this little thing. Wakes on any device that powers up. Just looking for another 3 tb to go w it
Are you sure this supports 3TB drives? I thought it was limited to 2TB.
xbrav wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 10:22 am
Just to add, be sure to upgrade to the firmware 2.03. I fought with D-Link for months to resolve an issue where any file copied to the drive showed up as 0kB, and it was somehow lost forever. After 2.03 they fixed it.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Dec 23, 2008
18 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Any chance I can PM the crucial price @ ncix?
Dec 25, 2012
1 posts
MANITOU
These boxing day sales are a JOKE.

Also, I really wish ME's banner on their website was more clear. I put together a basket of items I am looking for, and price matched most of them by using *****

Then I went back and looked at the front page of the site which says "No returns, exchanges, or price beat / protection during the boxing day sale (Dec 24th - 26th)."

HUH? Why!? Ughh...going back to sleep because there is no point in me going there in person today if they're not going to even do any of the price beats, It's $128 savings on the items I picked out! I guess I'll just check them again tomorrow to see if all the items are still in stock and if the price beat locations are still in stock and go buy them tomorrow...and I got up early to drive 2 hours to Winnipeg! Good thing I double checked the site first or I would have been really disappointed and walked away empty handed.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1660 posts
700 upvotes
Calgary
Pretty much. This looks like another boxing day that I will spend no money because there is absolutely no deals.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Naossoan wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 8:06 am
These boxing day sales are a JOKE.

Also, I really wish ME's banner on their website was more clear. I put together a basket of items I am looking for, and price matched most of them by using *****

Then I went back and looked at the front page of the site which says "No returns, exchanges, or price beat / protection during the boxing day sale (Dec 24th - 26th)."

HUH? Why!? Ughh...going back to sleep because there is no point in me going there in person today if they're not going to even do any of the price beats, It's $128 savings on the items I picked out! I guess I'll just check them again tomorrow to see if all the items are still in stock and if the price beat locations are still in stock and go buy them tomorrow...and I got up early to drive 2 hours to Winnipeg! Good thing I double checked the site first or I would have been really disappointed and walked away empty handed.
yeah, they're allowing price beats for orders that are made starting tomorrow (including boxing week sales!). I'll put together a nice list. :)
Aug 1, 2008
845 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
If I came into a store (Richmond branch), will Memory Express price match another store's price this time of the year (around boxing day)