Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Comp]

[Merged] Memory Express Boxing Day Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
They had me go through a bunch of hoops when I ordered my Asus Transformer Prime after that I didn't have any issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
2050 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
ELiTE KiLLaH wrote: Wtf?
Front and back of credit card? So they can see that 3digit code on the back that is required for online Purchases ? And drivers license? So they have ur address? And signature? Sounds like a setup for identity theft lol
I wouldn't do it... smells fishy.

I ordered from them for the first time during Black Friday sales and never got that kind of request. Just call them up and talk to a service rep instead.. you can give all the info over the phone.
Dec 29, 2010
217 posts
137 upvotes
Radhika and folks at ME contacted me just minutes ago, and told me that they would waive the requirements in my case.

It's a bit of a relief for me because, although I do trust the folks at ME, like you guys I was a bit anxious at sending this type of personal data by email. I know they already have most of my info through my web order anyways, but it seemed like the risks were increased with transferring this type of info through unsecured communication.

Anyhow, I appreciate your feedback folks, I think the bottom line is that while it is understandable that businesses want to protect themselves in e-commerce, customers also want some security and want to avoid jumping through hoops that risk exposing them to identity theft or other nightmares (and id theft can be a real nightmare from what I heard...).
Aug 18, 2007
367 posts
145 upvotes
I PM'd the AMD FX-6100 from NCIX: $144.99 on ME and $99.99 on NCIX, so it ended up about $88.75.

For those whose orders are currently processing, when did you guys order? It seems like things are going pretty slow. I hope mine will process this week!
Dec 24, 2010
4 posts
North Vancouver
Anyone have their orders ship yet? PM'd the Asus S56 from Tiger Direct on the 28th but I haven't heard anything beyond the initial confirmation email. I really hope they honour their original PM as Tiger Direct has since bumped their own price up!
May 21, 2007
907 posts
270 upvotes
Montreal
Same for me. I made a PM on a GTX 680 on the 27th, and they have yet to approve or cancel the order. I'm losing hope that they will actually approve it since I was price matching a one day sale.
May 23, 2006
898 posts
58 upvotes
dngr wrote: Anyone have their orders ship yet? PM'd the Asus S56 from Tiger Direct on the 28th but I haven't heard anything beyond the initial confirmation email. I really hope they honour their original PM as Tiger Direct has since bumped their own price up!
genetik wrote: Same for me. I made a PM on a GTX 680 on the 27th, and they have yet to approve or cancel the order. I'm losing hope that they will actually approve it since I was price matching a one day sale.
I've had this happen before. PM'd some memory during a limited sale which ended a day after my order was placed. I didn't see any change to my ME order for several days and then it was abruptly shipped. They're usually pretty solid with fulfilling PM's, so there shouldn't be much to worry about.
Sep 29, 2012
552 posts
102 upvotes
anyone had an order shipped yet?

Placed on the 27th in morning.

Also on the 29th.

Still marked as 'new order.' The prices I wanted to match from the ncix sale are over. hope they price match or I will cancel.
Nov 25, 2006
87 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg
I received a shipping confirmation for my order placed on the 25th this afternoon. My order placed on the 27th is still as 'new order'. I called in the other day and have them verify the price matches over the phone for the 27th order. They made a note on it that the PMs were approved. Here's hoping it gets processed in the next day or two.
May 21, 2007
907 posts
270 upvotes
Montreal
genetik wrote: Same for me. I made a PM on a GTX 680 on the 27th, and they have yet to approve or cancel the order. I'm losing hope that they will actually approve it since I was price matching a one day sale.
Well, color me impressed. They seem to be moving forward with my pricematch. I got a new status for my order of ''WaitingForParts''. Good job! I think I will order from them more regularly.
Aug 13, 2005
180 posts
53 upvotes
toronto
Do they notify you if something has shipped? First time using them. I took the $5 shipping does that have a tracking number? They just have it listed as "NewOrder"
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24145 posts
43026 upvotes
ONTARIO
tmo72 wrote: Do they notify you if something has shipped? First time using them. I took the $5 shipping does that have a tracking number? They just have it listed as "NewOrder"
Yes they notify you by email when your order has been shipped. Look for an email with the subject:
"Your order (<OrderID>) has been shipped." The email comes from websales@memoryexpress.com.

All orders come with tracking numbers no matter their cost.
The email will include your tracking number with a link to the website of the shipping carrier you used (CP, UPS, Purolator, etc).
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Gangsta wrote: anyone had an order shipped yet?

Placed on the 27th in morning.

Also on the 29th.

Still marked as 'new order.' The prices I wanted to match from the ncix sale are over. hope they price match or I will cancel.
They said they would ship orders placed on the 27th, but my orders were not shipped yet...

Also looks like I'll have to cancel the GTX 680 order too since that may not arrive in time by Jan. 15 MIR deadline.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
no shipment! they must be still on vacation!
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1366 posts
1350 upvotes
London, ON
I finally got a shipping notice e-mail for price matched Win8 this afternoon. Ordered December 27.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Placed an order on the 28th for WD Red 3TB and Cooler Master Massive23 LX and my order still has not shipped yet. WTH?!? anyone else placed a web order that day and still hasn't shipped yet?

EDIT: Ok I see others are in the same boat too.

I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
These I just wanted opinions/recommendations what is:
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
  • Better deal/quality than 800-Watt Cuisinart 5.5 Qt. Stand Mixer $279.99 Model: SM-55BCC futureshop web only boxing day flyer? 250-Watt Kitchenaid Mixer $100 in Futureshop liquidation flyer? Breville 550 Watt Steel Bench Mixer $199.99 Model: BREBEM800XL futureshop boxing day flyer?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]