Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1030 posts
209 upvotes
goodyear7909 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 12:22 pm
Not Hot ..... need to adjust the title, you need to have a code to get it at this price. I beleive you have to be a teacher or something to like this
Used an ualberta student email and it worked without special code.

Could try using one of those easy-to-get .edu email addresses to see if their valid for this offer.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1954 posts
192 upvotes
Tried to use UWO (Western) email and I get the "Buy Now" link in the email, but when I click on it and try to add the Office 2013 to my cart, nothing shows up.

Ugh, I would love to get the new Office.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1707 posts
271 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
Anyone has a Program code?
Aug 1, 2011
422 posts
224 upvotes
AB
ditachan wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 2:26 pm
Used an ualberta student email and it worked without special code.

Could try using one of those easy-to-get .edu email addresses to see if their valid for this offer.
Same here, works with uofa email. Installing right now. If I see this as extra charges on my tuition, my jimmies will be rustled to the maximum.
Feb 12, 2005
92 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey
Does any one know if the license key provided is single use? I have both a laptop and desktop that I would like to install this on.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
2911 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
So can be installed on two PCs,right?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
Pretty sure that the 2013 version is only single machine.
Banned
Dec 22, 2009
860 posts
369 upvotes
Brampton
Not working on my International Clown College email.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2622 posts
435 upvotes
Montreal
Another offer that might interest some is this one: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/micro ... T103927783

- 4 years for up to 2 computers (this is a subscription so you are entitled to new versions as they are released ... likely at least one during the sub period
- 60 minutes Skype/month
- extra 20 GB of Skydrive

Eligibility: "This academic offer for eligible students, faculty, and staff requires verification of eligibility prior to purchase. Limit (1) copies of this item per 48-months period"

-GT
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6816 posts
1028 upvotes
its for 1 install and if your computer dies you lose the license, thats the new policy

from wiki
Digitally downloaded copies of Office were also said to be permanently locked to that PC's hardware, preventing it from being transferred to any other computing device. Should the buyer have wished to use Office 2013 on a different computer, or if they later became unable to use the computing device that the original license was downloaded to (e.g. hardware became inoperable due to malfunction) then a completely new, full-priced copy of Office 2013 would have to have been purchased to replace the prior one
Mar 16, 2012
12 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
_PK_ wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 3:48 pm
Does any one know if the license key provided is single use? I have both a laptop and desktop that I would like to install this on.
It is not a single use. Actually you can both install it with your laptop and desktop. But limited to two.
Aug 13, 2012
148 posts
32 upvotes
Canada
Corleone187 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2013 5:09 pm
its for 1 install and if your computer dies you lose the license, thats the new policy

from wiki
Digitally downloaded copies of Office were also said to be permanently locked to that PC's hardware, preventing it from being transferred to any other computing device. Should the buyer have wished to use Office 2013 on a different computer, or if they later became unable to use the computing device that the original license was downloaded to (e.g. hardware became inoperable due to malfunction) then a completely new, full-priced copy of Office 2013 would have to have been purchased to replace the prior one

That's no longer true. Microsoft back-peddled on that. See: http://www.computerworld.com.au/article ... licensing/

Two installs, and you can transfer between computers.
× < >