Expired Hot Deals

[Mr. Lube] Mr Lube free wiper blades (with purchase of a complete oil change package)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2013 7:39 pm
May 17, 2010
14 posts
2 upvotes
London

[Mr. Lube] Mr Lube free wiper blades (with purchase of a complete oil change package)

Hope its not a repost. Michelin wiper blades free with oil change. Valid until Dec 2

http://www.mrlube.com/en/wiper-blades.aspx
24 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10367 posts
12611 upvotes
Montreal
How much is a Mr Lube regular oil change ?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1810 posts
181 upvotes
Only if you could combine this with a free Oil Change coupon. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4513 posts
153 upvotes
iseekdeals wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 10:57 am
Hope its not a repost.
or you could try a simple search before posting :)
[shortened link removed]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1329 posts
87 upvotes
Last time I was there was $45 + disposal for midsize SUV. Came to almost $60.
stephroll wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 11:03 am
How much is a Mr Lube regular oil change ?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1186 posts
257 upvotes
West Vancouver
Just got back from changing the oil in my van at Mr. Lube in North Vancouver and they gave me two free Michelin windshield wipers. They were going to install them as well, but I said not to bother as my current blades were in good shape; they just handed them over, brand new and still in their boxes. I don't know if they are doing this at this Mr. Lube outlet only, but I was pleasantly surprised to get these! :D
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2375 posts
579 upvotes
Halifax
They have the same promotion here in Halifax. Their prices are a bit on the high side, so I do not know how much of a deal this is. They are convenient. I give them that.
Dec 7, 2010
39 posts
1 upvote
Abbotsford
I bought Michelin wipers from Costco last year (probably as a result of some sale noted here on RFD), and they ended up flying off my wndshield. While I installed them correctly, one flew right off the car while on the freeway one day (good thing I had thrown the old ones in the trunk), and the other one flew off when I had crossed the border.
There was nothing wrong with the clips on my car, as I have never had that problem with any wipers before or after that.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18023 posts
2300 upvotes
Waterloo
kottmeier wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 11:36 pm
Just got back from changing the oil in my van at Mr. Lube in North Vancouver and they gave me two free Michelin windshield wipers. They were going to install them as well, but I said not to bother as my current blades were in good shape; they just handed them over, brand new and still in their boxes. I don't know if they are doing this at this Mr. Lube outlet only, but I was pleasantly surprised to get these! :D
and the million dollar question - how much was the oil change? thanks :)
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan/AMEX MR <= AMEX Platinum 75K, Business Gold 40K FYF, Gold 25K FYF, SPG 20K $120
Aug 30, 2010
973 posts
81 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 12:54 pm
and the million dollar question - how much was the oil change? thanks :)
This^^
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1186 posts
257 upvotes
West Vancouver
Ok, here it is blow by blow (and I know that Mr. Lube isn't cheap but it's convenient to where I live). This was for a Toyota Sienna van (6 cyl).

Castrol GTX 10W30 oil change: $47.99
Shop Supplies: $2.99
Special Filter Chosen: $6
Sub-total: $56.98
Total (with tax, 12% HST): $63.82

The wiper blades were added to the bill and then later deducted:

Michelin PS Wiperblade 26: $32.99
Michelin PS Wiperblade 19: $24.99
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3038 posts
434 upvotes
Vancouver
yeah you pay for convenience with mr.lube and other lube places. I stopped taking my cars there as they try to upsell on other items. i buy my own supplies and bring it to a local mechanic who charges 10 bucks in labour. I can get a synthetic oil change for around 40 bucks
Nov 3, 2012
66 posts
46 upvotes
CALGARY
Why the $6 "special filter" fee? Why $3 for "shop supplies"? Bunch of BS costs. It's why I change my own oil for $25 and 15 minutes. Keep the receipt for warranty purposes. Then I fly my RFD flag!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1329 posts
87 upvotes
The dealership charges almost as much as Mr. Lube these days so instead of having to make an appointment, it's easier to go into the Mr. Lube, but I seriously hate the constant selling. Even after I tell them not to yank out my air filters they do it anyways, f'n pisses me off which is why I always decide never to go back.... but then 6000 kms later and procrastinating as usual, I end up going back cuz I'm overdue :(
hesp wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:19 pm
yeah you pay for convenience with mr.lube and other lube places. I stopped taking my cars there as they try to upsell on other items. i buy my own supplies and bring it to a local mechanic who charges 10 bucks in labour. I can get a synthetic oil change for around 40 bucks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7184 posts
789 upvotes
They up sells are crazy, they dont stop. My answer's NO NO NO everything will be NO and they still ask so i stopped going there and just go to superlube for truck or dealer with car.
× < >