Expired Hot Deals

[Mr. Lube] Mr Lube free wiper blades (with purchase of a complete oil change package)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2013 7:39 pm
Mar 9, 2010
436 posts
kottmeier wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:10 pm
The wiper blades were added to the bill and then later deducted:

Michelin PS Wiperblade 26: $32.99
Michelin PS Wiperblade 19: $24.99
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL! $58 for wiper blades. Nice try Mr. Lube!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1946 posts
Jiffylube upsell like mad and they nailed me last time in. The "head" service tech guy asked if I wanted my washer fluid topped up. This used to be free so only half paying attention said sure. Didn't notice until later he topped it up and had then put the remainder of a 4 litre jug in the back seat. Looked on the invoice and there was an extra $4 added! WTF, it can be had for $1.99 all day long and often half that on sale. Hate those underhanded tactics.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1330 posts
You think the promo would work better if they advertised as "Free Oil/Filter Change with purchase of a set of wipers"? :lol:
jdmhfx wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:15 pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL! $58 for wiper blades. Nice try Mr. Lube!
Oct 30, 2011
15 posts
Its comes out to around $54 all in ( gta location) ... You do not need to buy filter it is typically included in cost unless you specifically ask for OEM filter or drive benz or bmw.

if you price each blade at $10 - 15( 20" or longer blades are usually a lot more) then your oil change price drops to $30...

Also if you do end up getting an aditional service always ask for a discount ... If you ask, more often then not the tech will give you some sort of discount .
Aug 4, 2007
277 posts
The way it works is workers getting paid minimum wage. One can also earn bonus that is based on the amount stuff that he/she sells, that is the reason for all recommendations. But they are not allowed to recommend something that is not due for service. Techs go by the electronic owners manual. If tech sells only an oil change it lowers their bonus, so they are forced to sell customers more services, such as engine flushes and additives, fuel system treatments, etc. that has no recommendations in the owners manual. Tech must sell $120 worth of services per car to be eligible to earn maximum bonus (has to be conventional oil, not synthetic). To get maximum 5% bonus, techs sales for 2 weeks period has to be over $11,500. And one really has to hustle, as they usually scheduled to work just a bit over 30 hrs a week and on Sunday pretty much whoever comes, just want an oil change that will lower techs bonus. With synthetic oil price of a service has to be a lot more, as synthetic oil cost lot more. Mr.L justifies high cost of service (they charge around $35 for an oil change, even if you bring your own oil and filter, my mechanic does it for $10) by providing you with "free" fluid top-ups (up to 1L), checking your tire pressure, lubricating door hinges, cleaning your front and back windows, offering you a newspaper (colouring book and crayolas if you have kids in a vehicle) and a coffee or a hot chocolate at no extra cost.

CBC Marketplace busted Mr. Lube for charging 2-3 times the cost of cabin air filters. Yes, some of them a pain in the *ss to get to to change, but most are not too bad and does not take a lot of time. But air filters are 98% very easy to change, yet it costs at Mr. L. an arm and a leg.

What they are doing great at Mr. L. is a coolant flush. Yes, it is more expensive that at the mechanic or even at the stealership, but those shops just drain your radiator and coolant inside the engine block and heater core never gets replaced.
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
blazed16 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:20 pm
They up sells are crazy, they dont stop. My answer's NO NO NO everything will be NO and they still ask so i stopped going there and just go to superlube for truck or dealer with car.
Pretty cheap with the wiper blades included. But can't stand the up selling and sub standard service.

I now just do my own oil (synthetic) and it costs for less then 45 bucks (CDN) all in with pennzoil platinum and NAPA Gold (WIX) oil filter.
Apr 12, 2010
684 posts
A basic oil change for a regular sized sedan is $57. So if you subtract the wiper blades (they tabbed them as $50, but more like ~$30) it comes out to roughly $27 for an oil change which isn't bad at all.

The wiper blades are the frameless ones (leaves, snow, etc can't get clogged on them). I suggest installing them yourself or ask for your old wiper blades back though so you can keep your old ones just in case.

Overall not bad if you need your oil changed quickly without an appointment because normally they're on the pricey side for an oil change.
Jul 31, 2008
330 posts
Man I need an oil change and wipers right now but I still don't know if I want to go there.

My car needs Mobil 1 synthetic..what's that gonna cost me??

Are these the cheap regular blades they have?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3383 posts
Got my free blades and oil change for $52. Plus they gave me 50% off coupon for my next oil change.
Good deal imho!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9955 posts
Didn't want to start a new thread but just give a heads up.

Saw that this same deal is on again. Saw it on a moneysaver envelope in the mail in Toronto, so not sure if you need coupon from that or not. Says "at participating locations".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
× < >