Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Comp] [Merged] NCIX Boxing Week Sale is Live! - Sale Starts Dec 24th, 6PM PST / 9PM EST!

Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
^ ... Bait & switch is right
Maelstrom wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 2:28 pm
Anyone able to PM online with NCIX?
Yeah, I PM'ed stuff at NCIX from CC's in-store boxing day sale (when they had just the prices online) and they were approved.
Apr 23, 2006
816 posts
34 upvotes
Markham
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:39 pm
Yeah, I PM'ed stuff at NCIX from CC's in-store boxing day sale (when they had just the prices online) and they were approved.
I was trying earlier. The page refreshes after pressing "Start price match", but the content stays the same. No new field to enter price and url.
Jan 10, 2008
127 posts
12 upvotes
arclite wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 9:46 am
They use Purolator which is very unfortunate.
The tracking number they gave me is Canada Post. Shows it left Mississauga today. So I get to drive 6 miles in to the post office and pick it up tomorrow. After getting dinged 7 bucks for "Free ground shipping".
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1501 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
Is Saturday considered a business day for NCIX? I know most retailers say Mon-Fri is a business day when it comes to order processing and shipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3859 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered some stuff on the 24th for in store pickup but it's still not available yet. I tried calling the store many times yesterday & today but NO ONE picks up for over 10minutes, then they disconnect. When I dropped by the store yesterday, there were no customers at all so they're obviously just ignoring all phone calls.

Did anyone who ordered on the 24th actually get their stuff yet?

The worst part about this is that the stuff I ordered is actually IN STOCK @ the Markham warehouse. All they had to do was transport it down to the Scarborough location. Should've chose Markham as pickup.....
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
EFF3KT wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 4:57 pm
Is Saturday considered a business day for NCIX? I know most retailers say Mon-Fri is a business day when it comes to order processing and shipping.
Saturday is a business day for retail store locations. But for online, head office, warehouse then no. They don't process orders until the following Monday.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Maelstrom wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 4:32 pm
I was trying earlier. The page refreshes after pressing "Start price match", but the content stays the same. No new field to enter price and url.
If it's a "Surprise Special" (like the M90 mouse I PM'ed) you can't just add to cart, you have to manually add by the SKU to the cart so it adds it without the promo code, so you can start a PM.
gman2000 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:12 pm
bought the evga geforce gtx 690 from ncix on the 24th, my order was processed on the 26 but hasnt arrived for ispu yet? anyone know when it should be arriving at the scarborough store?
GTX 690?! Dammmn... how much did you pay for that? And I thought the GTX 680 I ordered was expensive.
Dec 27, 2012
37 posts
5 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
HKPolice wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:11 pm
I ordered some stuff on the 24th for in store pickup but it's still not available yet. I tried calling the store many times yesterday & today but NO ONE picks up for over 10minutes, then they disconnect. When I dropped by the store yesterday, there were no customers at all so they're obviously just ignoring all phone calls.

Did anyone who ordered on the 24th actually get their stuff yet?

The worst part about this is that the stuff I ordered is actually IN STOCK @ the Markham warehouse. All they had to do was transport it down to the Scarborough location. Should've chose Markham as pickup.....
You are right, it shouldn't take a few days to transport some parts a few kilometres but it is a really busy time of year. If you ordered on the 24th, they closed early for christmas eve, the 25th they were closed for Christmas, and the 26th was probably their busiest day of the year. I'd give it until the middle of next week before you panic. I'm in a similar boat, all of my parts are at my prefered location except for one, which is unfortunately being shipped from BC. I ordered on the 26th.
Feb 10, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just wondering if anyone knows if the the ASUS VE247H for 129.99 is a good deal or not.
Sep 20, 2005
558 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
mR kAnDy wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:24 am
Just wondering if anyone knows if the the ASUS VE247H for 129.99 is a good deal or not.

No, it's a TN panel. LG IPS234V-PN is a better one at lower price with no MIR.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1789 posts
151 upvotes
HKPolice wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:11 pm
I email the location directly and get a reply within a couple hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3859 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
schmee88 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:23 pm
You are right, it shouldn't take a few days to transport some parts a few kilometres but it is a really busy time of year. If you ordered on the 24th, they closed early for christmas eve, the 25th they were closed for Christmas, and the 26th was probably their busiest day of the year. I'd give it until the middle of next week before you panic. I'm in a similar boat, all of my parts are at my prefered location except for one, which is unfortunately being shipped from BC. I ordered on the 26th.
I'm aware that this is the worst time of the year for purchasing online, but I've ordered stuff from NCIX many times before and it was always available for pickup the next day as long as it's in stock @ the markham warehouse. So technically, they should've transported the items on the 27th and I should've been able to pick it up on the 28th. NCIX is the biggest computer retailer in Canada, the holidays is no excuse for wasting people's time. Walmart is Open 24/7 for almost everyday around this time of year.
Feb 10, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ultracrt wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:44 am
No, it's a TN panel. LG IPS234V-PN is a better one at lower price with no MIR.
What does it mean by TN panel? So is $139.99 the best price for the LG or can I get something better?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4438 posts
255 upvotes
mR kAnDy wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 1:52 am
What does it mean by TN panel? So is $139.99 the best price for the LG or can I get something better?
viewing angles fade out when viewed up/down/side

IPS panels almost any angle is good

VA panels not as good viewing angles but more saturated color (some might not like that though)
Feb 10, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DiploDocus wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 1:56 am
viewing angles fade out when viewed up/down/side

IPS panels almost any angle is good

VA panels not as good viewing angles but more saturated color (some might not like that though)
Okay, but Asus has 2ms input speed while LG has 5ms. Also, Asus has 10M1DC while LG has 5M1DC. I was looking at all factors but now viewing angles will be another factor which I will need to consider. Also, is the deal for the LG good or can I find a better one elsewhere? I will be mainly using the monitor for gaming. Thanks for your help :)
× < >