Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Comp] [Merged] NCIX Boxing Week Sale is Live! - Sale Starts Dec 24th, 6PM PST / 9PM EST!

Mar 6, 2012
666 posts
137 upvotes
which video card did you buy? I purchased the XFX 7850 1gb for $139 incl/mir.... my order has been processed since a few minutes after I made the order on the 26th.... but hasn't moved since. If only there was an NCIX closer than an 8 hour drive from here... I just hope I do get this deal or else they will have made me miss another deal on another card at CC. I just sent them an email to try and get more info... but I'm guessing they are closed today and I will not get any news.
Jan 29, 2010
111 posts
51 upvotes
QC
Same here, ordered some stuff on 26th order hasn't moved since then.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
toy187 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 10:58 am
which video card did you buy? I purchased the XFX 7850 1gb for $139 incl/mir.... my order has been processed since a few minutes after I made the order on the 26th.... but hasn't moved since. If only there was an NCIX closer than an 8 hour drive from here... I just hope I do get this deal or else they will have made me miss another deal on another card at CC. I just sent them an email to try and get more info... but I'm guessing they are closed today and I will not get any news.
kwunn wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 11:06 am
Same here, ordered some stuff on 26th order hasn't moved since then.

I just got this email from the Scarborough location:
Dear Customer:

Your order has been processed, but sku# on the order is currently out-of-stock at all of our pick-up branches and needs to be purchased from our suppliers. In lieu of this email, we have already placed an order from the manufacturer for the item(s). We are making every attempt to minimize the waiting time for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your patience.
If you ordered more than one item and would like to find out if any other items on the order are ready to be picked up first or would like to know further details about your order, please do not hesitate to email or call us. Otherwise, you will receive email notification as soon as inventory becomes available.
Pretty much all locations are out of stock for that card so I am guessing everyone will be getting a similar email.

Looks like all suppliers are out of stock as well and they will have to order from the manufacturer directly. Looks like we will be waiting longer while they order from XFX directly.
Jan 29, 2010
111 posts
51 upvotes
QC
what happens when you buy stuff with mail-in rebates but they don't ship it within the valid dates? Will they still honor it?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
kwunn wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 11:32 am
what happens when you buy stuff with mail-in rebates but they don't ship it within the valid dates? Will they still honor it?
It says on the item page that items with MIR will be processed on the 26th to ensure that the MIR is valid. So as long as the order has been processed between the 26th and 31st you should be fine. If it fails and you are not eligible then you just contact NCIX and they will sort out the issue.
Mar 6, 2012
666 posts
137 upvotes
kwunn wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 11:32 am
I'm wondering this same exact thing. From what arclite just said... seems to me like it will take a while before being able to get it and the cutoff date for the MIR is Jan 31st. I opened a ticket on NCIX asking them this question, mentioning that without the MIR the deal is less interesting and I will probably cancel the order.

Should have stayed with my first idea and went with the $99 Asus 7770 from CC.... I held the box in my hands instore on the 26th and could already have been using it...
arclite wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 12:55 pm
It says on the item page that items with MIR will be processed on the 26th to ensure that the MIR is valid. So as long as the order has been processed between the 26th and 31st you should be fine. If it fails and you are not eligible then you just contact NCIX and they will sort out the issue.
Actually, I'm guessing that this was more to avoid confusion with people purchasing the deal before the 26th and having a date of the 24th or 25th on the receipt when the MIR is good only for purchases between the 26th and 31st. What has me worried is this part...
PROOF OF PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS: • Signed Rebate Form • Original UPC Barcode Label • Copy of Receipt/Invoice or Packing List
and
Must be postmarked: by 1/30/2013
How can we send in the barcode from the box before january 30th if we don't receive our order before then?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
toy187 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 12:58 pm
How can we send in the barcode from the box before january 30th if we don't receive our order before then?
I really doubt it will take a month to ship the order. In the unlikely event that it does or the rebate is not valid, you just contact NCIX and they will sort it out.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1260 posts
87 upvotes
arclite wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 1:48 pm
I really doubt it will take a month to ship the order. In the unlikely event that it does or the rebate is not valid, you just contact NCIX and they will sort it out.
Some rebates like for my out of stock motherboard need to be postmarked by 10 days from Dec 26th. That worries me since they don't know when it will come in yet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
When did the WD Red 3TB price go back up?

I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1985 posts
158 upvotes
I want a new video card and a couple of hard drives, but that silly banner at the top of the NCIX website (EVERY page) is too annoying. I'll get something from Newegg.ca instead.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
ssbtech wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 8:00 pm
I want a new video card and a couple of hard drives, but that silly banner at the top of the NCIX website (EVERY page) is too annoying. I'll get something from Newegg.ca instead.
ok
Nov 13, 2009
462 posts
79 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
First off..HAPPY NEW YEAR to all..second..NCIX has lost my business with their BS advertised up/down pricing scenerio..Only time I found you can get the best price is standing in line at a store and waiting whch a many of us cannot do..Ive had no problems with Memory Express online orders or Newegg.ca..I hope Esther is listening to all of this thread!!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1985 posts
158 upvotes
arclite wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 9:39 pm
ok

Hey, when the page loads and I go to click a link and the entire page moves down for that banner... it's annoying. All they have to do is make it a fixed banner. It doesn't require animating.
Mar 6, 2012
666 posts
137 upvotes
Techmann wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 1:44 pm
First off..HAPPY NEW YEAR to all..second..NCIX has lost my business with their BS advertised up/down pricing scenerio..Only time I found you can get the best price is standing in line at a store and waiting whch a many of us cannot do..Ive had no problems with Memory Express online orders or Newegg.ca..I hope Esther is listening to all of this thread!!
I have to say the same thing here. I`ve purchased many things from them in the past but I think this might be my last. My order is sitting at processed since minutes after I've placed it and it hasn't changed since (and was also charged to my credit card within minutes). The product is no longer available on the site but I've had no news whatsoever if there was enough for my order or if I'm in the backorders and will have to wait awhile for it. I know that it's the holidays... but with the amount of people here who claim to have already received their orders I find it unacceptable that many of us have no clues about our orders.

In the meantime I'm checking the Canada Computers site everyday hoping to find an acceptable deal so that I may cancel this order and go pick up a card at the local CC instead.

Also, I checked on their website and it is written that that is how they proceed... but I don't agree with a company that charges me before sending me my stuff. Or at least at the same time. Coincidently, I placed an order for a book on amazon a few weeks ago. The book was not available at the time, I just received notice saying that it had finally shipped... and this is when I was charged... not when I placed the order.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
1467 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
The XFX Radeon HD7850 1GB edition is in stock in the NCIX Ontario warehouse.