Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Netflix

Netflix.ca is finally here :)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2014 3:03 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Sutherlandchick wrote: Thanks Toyopl. Am going to check it out today ( thanked ur post too )
Same with Jackie999...one question, PLEX is just the app, correct? I wasn't sure because of what you wrote about it being on sale but i just want to double check that the app is all that is need for that??!!

T.I.A.
I'm sorry..I'm not exactly sure how plex works since I didn't need it. I searched (with google, not RFD useless search) and found the link where you may find the answer amazon-ca-plex-android-1-09-a-1467191/
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So, with the latest free DNS numbers being hit and miss, looking for input for the best DNS service, based on speed/usability, followed by price. For instance, I do not want to change my router DNS settings, just each device, and want to use it with PS3, PS4, ATV3, iPads too. Thoughts, suggestions?
Reading about *****, may give their free trial a try.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
jackie999 wrote: I'm sorry..I'm not exactly sure how plex works since I didn't need it. I searched (with google, not RFD useless search) and found the link where you may find the answer amazon-ca-plex-android-1-09-a-1467191/

Thank you, again.
Looking into all of this, tonight and tomorrow when I have some time.
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
jackass_ca wrote: So, with the latest free DNS numbers being hit and miss, looking for input for the best DNS service, based on speed/usability, followed by price. For instance, I do not want to change my router DNS settings, just each device, and want to use it with PS3, PS4, ATV3, iPads too. Thoughts, suggestions?
I'm not sure where on the list of services UnblockUS stands, but it was one of the most popular ones over a year ago, or maybe even two, can't remember it's been a while, so I signed up.
It's easy to setup, I did it before on my ps3 and now I did it on my Xbox1, no need to change the router settings, just change your device.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
jackass_ca wrote: So, with the latest free DNS numbers being hit and miss, looking for input for the best DNS service, based on speed/usability, followed by price. For instance, I do not want to change my router DNS settings, just each device, and want to use it with PS3, PS4, ATV3, iPads too. Thoughts, suggestions?
One of the best post for this here in RFD, read on... :)

My home setup includes 2 routers. Main one with normal connection from my ISP, the second one with DNS from AdFreeTime.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4145 posts
206 upvotes
Etobicoke
parapudaw wrote: One of the best post for this here in RFD, read on... :)

My home setup includes 2 routers. Main one with normal connection from my ISP, the second one with DNS from AdFreeTime.
Thank you for the link to that thread!! I already have a year subscription to VPN (should have gotten DNS service since it's PITA to setup PS3 for VPN), but how do you run two routers in parallel?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
parapudaw wrote: One of the best post for this here in RFD, read on... :)

Thanks
How do you set up the 2 routers? I tried once and because they were on the same phone line, the 2 completely cancelled out each other and I lost all connections, I thought about this set up as well.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
ViperZ wrote: Thank you for the link to that thread!! I already have a year subscription to VPN (should have gotten DNS service since it's PITA to setup PS3 for VPN), but how do you run two routers in parallel?
jackass_ca wrote: Thanks
How do you set up the 2 routers? I tried once and because they were on the same phone line, the 2 completely cancelled out each other and I lost all connections, I thought about this set up as well.
Here's the link for setting up 2 routers. This is the one that I followed with since my requirements needs 2 private network within 1 internet source.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Just got the dreaded email,
[QUOTE]Hi Jackie,

In order to continue adding more movies and TV shows, we are increasing our price from $7.99 to $8.99 for new members. As a thank you for being a member of Netflix already, we guarantee your plan and price (excluding tax) will not change for two years.
[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
I wouldnt say a $1 increase is a dreaded email. Still a great price to watch shows I cant anywhere else all in one place. Our Netflix is used daily by everyone
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Way too much now lol. I wonder if they have a retentions department like rogers hehe.

Seriously $1 is well worth it. No more than $10 though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5265 posts
1623 upvotes
SK
Aggy wrote: Way too much now lol. I wonder if they have a retentions department like rogers hehe.

Seriously $1 is well worth it. No more than $10 though.
It's still the old price for 2-years. So May 9th, 2016 the price goes up or if you sign-up today as a new customer.
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
yuprules wrote: 1200 movies? bahhaahhaha...even Netflix Canada blows that out of the water.
Don't forget to subtract the 30% Canadian content.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
yuprules wrote: 1200 movies? bahhaahhaha...even Netflix Canada blows that out of the water.
Yup but makes me wonder what evil Rogers will come up with towards cable users that download shows from the US that are shown on Netflix, or this new like they are speaking of in this article. I can only imagine how Rogers will "fix" that :cry:
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!