Food & Drink

[Merged] The new Destiny Tea House/Restaurant @ East Beaver Creek in Richmond Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2010 10:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7556 posts
371 upvotes
Canada
I strongly prefer the Ten Ren's on Highway 7 (West of Leslie)

Food is much better (more Taiwanese style), ambiance is better IMO, drinks are great
He died for me, I live for him
Dec 13, 2008
442 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
I wouldn't bother reading CSAgent's post...it has been established that he is helping out one of their competitors, trying to drive business away
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5416 posts
336 upvotes
With a couple of my friends and my gf, we were there last night after dinner. One picked Destiny over G4T, figuring the waitress and female patrons are more interesting to look at than G4T :D . Apparently, it is outside Destiny is where the girls are (there is a nightclub in the same plaza)

The tea was disgusting I must say. Imagine, a hot tea was sweet like added 5 spoons of sugar...arggggg.

Highlight of the night, 1st time bumping into ex, in 6 years. EPIC.

back to the topic, service quality was so so. The bill came to 23ish, each ppl chipped in 5. rip-off
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
Lawl and Order wrote:
May 16th, 2010 1:24 pm
I wouldn't bother reading CSAgent's post...it has been established that he is helping out one of their competitors, trying to drive business away
How did you come to that conclusion? :confused:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Canada_7 wrote:
May 16th, 2010 2:30 pm
How did you come to that conclusion? :confused:
Secretly, I am the owner of Go For Tea, Ten Ren's, A Place For Us at FMP AND the Tea Shop 168 chain.

It is my purpose in life to put down Destiny and their restaurants as much as I can. Especially Wasabi. Even Chako..oh no wait, it's a known fact I actually like Chako and go there quite often and would recommend people to go there over the other KBBQ places along Hwy 7.

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oct 13, 2007
1 posts
Worst Service You Could Ever Find (Can I rate a --MINUS 5 Stars?). Arrived 6:50pm in a hot sunny evening (this restaurant is facing west and absorb all the heat you want) at the Richmond Hill location and was arranged to a cramped table with wooden seat by a waiter called Jeffrey/Geoffrey. Wanted to switch to a bigger table with sofas beside the window and was put to a window without shade. It was too sunny and my friend has skin irritation under sunlight and said want to sit a a bigger table with shade. Jeffrey/Geoffrey refused and when asked why other group of two were able to have those big table. His answer was they were there long enough! What the heck, this restaurant was half empty and told him the answer was unreasonable. Finally allowed us to sit down but he instructed another waitress to pull up the curtain where we were sitting. Do you think customers deserve that kind of service? We left right away and went to Go For Tea. Cooler (in terms of service and actual temperature). Salute to Jeffrey/Geoffrey (with my bottom) the curtain was down again when my friend was picking up the car at 8:20pm!!!! WILL NEVER, EVER BACK TO DESTINY AGAIN!!!!

[quote="ironchefff" post_id="6287616" time="1200809170" user_id="5324"]Tried it and didn't like it. The place has a nice atmosphere but there are some serious problems with the seating. The fabric couches are somewhat awkward to sit on and forces everyone on the couch to get up if anyone needs to go to a washroom. The booths seem nicer but they're relatively small and only hold 2 people. As for the tea, similar to the other destiny's I've been to but you get a lot less than at GFT. I guess the biggest thing that turned me away was the smell... it has this old furniture salesman smell... probably because its so new but it was bothersome. Maybe I'll give it another try someday...[/QUOTE