Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Merged] Nexus 7 Tablet 16gb - $209 / 32gb -$259 / 32gb 3g -$309

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2013 5:29 pm
Nov 26, 2003
712 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary
Is this a sale price, or the regular price for this new line up?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1091 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: Thanks. Did you just tell them that Google Play has it for $209, blah blah? Or rather what did you say to them/show them exactly to get this going lol?
LOL! Just told them that Google Play Canada has the 16GB for $209 after they tried upselling me to 32GB. They verified and honored the price match.

I should note that they should have included the shipping charges but to each their own.
Nov 1, 2012
37 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks lilclie..now you got me thinking if I should go try it too or wait until black friday
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1091 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
BasketballJunkie2012 wrote: thanks lilclie..now you got me thinking if I should go try it too or wait until black friday

You're welcome! The nexus is great companion for my textbooks that are ebooks. This tablet is cost effective compared to the Surface and iPad mini while being somewhat future-proof. I imagine you'll be able to purchase the N7 under 190 on black friday.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
2233 posts
42 upvotes
lilclie wrote: LOL! Just told them that Google Play Canada has the 16GB for $209 after they tried upselling me to 32GB. They verified and honored the price match.

I should note that they should have included the shipping charges but to each their own.
can you please describe the person that did this for you?
lol I'm going to go there and try to get the same person. Hopefully they make the same mistake again
Oct 6, 2008
127 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa
Successfully pm'd at best buy in Ottawa (Coventry location). Came out to $207 plus tax. I had a $25 gift card too from last time I was there because they told me it was in stock when it wasn't. Got it for just over $200 taxes in with GC.

Was deciding between refurb ipad 3 and this. And I'm sticking with the ipad. The 7 inch screen just isn't for me. Too small. I also find jelly bean a bit buggy. iOS just seems to be way smoother. Was hoping I could save the $200 difference in price between the nexus and ipad but I'm just not all that impressed with the nexus 7.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1091 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Parth wrote: can you please describe the person that did this for you?
lol I'm going to go there and try to get the same person. Hopefully they make the same mistake again
I rather not profile this individual as it would be hard to distinguish who he/she is without providing racial attributes. Just try your luck, who knows, he/she may be working there tonight
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1091 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
abe416 wrote: Successfully pm'd at best buy in Ottawa (Coventry location). Came out to $207 plus tax. I had a $25 gift card too from last time I was there because they told me it was in stock when it wasn't. Got it for just over $200 taxes in with GC.

Was deciding between refurb ipad 3 and this. And I'm sticking with the ipad. The 7 inch screen just isn't for me. Too small. I also find jelly bean a bit buggy. iOS just seems to be way smoother. Was hoping I could save the $200 difference in price between the nexus and ipad but I'm just not all that impressed with the nexus 7.
You should have waiting for Nexus 10. Very positive reviews out there. and will be $100 cheaper than the iPad
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
I always wondered why there are some CSRs who don't factor in shipping costs when they PM... new hires?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
Fantaz wrote: I always wondered why there are some CSRs who don't factor in shipping costs when they PM... new hires?
Lot's of new seasonal staff is being hired right now and might not know exactly all the rules for PM'ing

Good times!!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
Badman wrote: Lot's of new seasonal staff is being hired right now and might not know exactly all the rules for PM'ing

Good times!!
Come on now, let the good times roll.
Blanka
Sep 16, 2011
25 posts
2 upvotes
HULL
lilclie wrote: You should have waiting for Nexus 10. Very positive reviews out there. and will be $100 cheaper than the iPad
Actually, for a $100 price difference, I would be more inclined to buy the iPad as I already have a Touch and AppleTV. The Nexus7 is a different story as it seems to offers way better value for the price than the Mini.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13222 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
Since the HSPA version takes micro sim and my phone uses regular sim, would Wind sell the micro for data sharing, and is there a monthly fee like with Robelus?

UPDATE: Contacted Wind and they don't have data sharing (need separate plan for tablet). Unless you are signing up for a new plan, then you can get a $5 / mo 1GB special until the end of the year.
Oct 6, 2008
127 posts
119 upvotes
Ottawa
lilclie wrote: You should have waiting for Nexus 10. Very positive reviews out there. and will be $100 cheaper than the iPad
I got the refurb ipad for $379. I heard the nexus 10 is $399...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Since the HSPA version takes micro sim and my phone uses regular sim, would Wind sell the micro for data sharing, and is there a monthly fee like with Robelus?
Wind sells micro sims, so they might for data sharing if they have a data sharing plan. Check with them, I suggest. I am gonna see if Wind or Mobi only offer data only plans. Just for tablet. Don't want a cell line/plan. I'm with Bell and the data sharing fees are expensive, including flex data.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
135 upvotes
Badman wrote: Lot's of new seasonal staff is being hired right now and might not know exactly all the rules for PM'ing

Good times!!
That has nothing to do with it, That shipping cost is up to the CSR, its there judgment. General rule at BB, if its under $10, don't bother charging it. :)
Jul 8, 2006
14 posts
1 upvote
lilclie wrote: I was able to price match the Google Play store for 16GB at BB
Same here....No hassle PM'ing at BB Heartland.
Previously I had asked BB online for a PM and was refused.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8478 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto
The 16gb for $209 is the same product as the old one for $239 at BB right? The actual tablet is the same, just that the price has dropped, the tablet itself doesn't have updated specs?

How about the 32gb, it's a new model, are the specs different, or is it purely a storage upgrade?

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)