Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
mikka1989 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 4:19 am
sleep is for the week! or weak! lol

so pissed im not getting the n4 early!

i agree, 7inch tablet is the perfect size for web browsing on the go, 4inch cellphone is too small and you don't want to drop it!
Well, there are cases where even a 7" tablet isn't practical. When I'm having lunch or dinner, I find it more convenient to browse and communicate from my iPhone 5. When I'm on the Skytrain, the airplane, or the hotel room, I find browsing from the Nexus 7 or the iPad 2 to be much more comfortable. It just depends on the situation.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
What's the best crystal clear screen protector for the Nexus 7?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2225 posts
71 upvotes
Ajax
THHermit wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:28 am
I see. Slight discount for the HSPA. I'm doubtful too, but I'm kind of holding out for Canadian retailers maybe matching the $209 price. If you don't mind, does your tracking info tell you where the package originated from? If so, where?
Package originated from Louisville, KY. It actually shipped on the 16th, but I only received shipping confirmation on the evening of the 17th.
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 2:53 am
Mobilicity and Wind use to offer $20 data-only plans before?
I don't know about Mobi, but I have one such Wind plan. The name of the plan was Holiday all in the family laptop. I believe the last time it was offered was beginning of 2011.
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 4:41 am
What's the best crystal clear screen protector for the Nexus 7?
I would suggest looking into liquid armour screen protection (http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=69117). I've had this on my 808 PureView for the past few months and no scratches -- however, no scratches does not necessarily a good product make, I could have just gotten lucky lol. Web reviews are mostly favourable.
Apr 3, 2012
29 posts
5 upvotes
BasketballJunkie2012 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:39 am
I was planning to price match due to the south van BB being a new store I was hoping I could get a clueless new sales associate to price match the 16gb for me. But they were out of stock so that's why I went with the 32gb thinking that if I can't get a $209 16gb tablet, then the 32gb would be a pretty good for $269
For $269.99 at a retailer vs. GP's $259.99+shipping, definitely better to buy it at a store.
D-3vil wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:27 am
Package originated from Louisville, KY. It actually shipped on the 16th, but I only received shipping confirmation on the evening of the 17th.
Thanks. Not too far away.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 2:53 am
Mobilicity and Wind use to offer $20 data-only plans before?
Yeah, it was the Holiday All In The Family plan. I got it with a Data Stick, but sold the data stick and put it in an Android phone to use as a VoIP/Skype phone (Worked well actually). So I actually sold my plan on Kijiji after a while (around the time I switched to Mobilicity BTS plan) and made some profit for selling/transferring that exclusive plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1557 posts
72 upvotes
Apparently this tablet will not support Miracast, even though people speculated it would as it has a Tegra 3 in it. That sucks, I know the Nexus 10 has support for it but that doesn't have 3G capability. Why couldn't they make a tablet with both? And please don't say get an iPad.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 4:01 am
I see. I just want a cheap but good tablet and I guess the N7 fits that. Hoping for a deal on BF/CM and or BD.
Want something that Is portable throughout the house and so a tablet fits that.

I don't like surfing on my phone, Too small IMO.
The Nexus 7 is actually worth buying. Like I said, it's not practical to use while you're moving. I wouldn't try to compose emails while walking in a mall or the street. It's much easier to do that on the phone. It's the same with checking schedules and etc. while you're on the go. In a given week, I usually have my iPhone 5 and Nexus 7 with me. It's a nice combination. I'd get the iPad mini if it wasn't for that crappy display. The Nexus 7 have a better display.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
13341 posts
842 upvotes
I paid $269 @ BB. So if Google is charging $259 + $20 for shipping, I guess I saved $10?

I couldn't care less about the $25 Play Store credit; I don't buy software.

With regards to that 'brown' version, did they not learn from Microsoft's mistake? First of all, it's not even discernible. 2nd, when did brown become fashionable? Microsoft wised up and now offer the full spectrum of the rainbow for their Surface.

I like the black. Can't see scratches or anything.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
13341 posts
842 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 8:43 pm
The Nexus 7 is actually worth buying. Like I said, it's not practical to use while you're moving. I wouldn't try to compose emails while walking in a mall or the street. It's much easier to do that on the phone. It's the same with checking schedules and etc. while you're on the go. In a given week, I usually have my iPhone 5 and Nexus 7 with me. It's a nice combination. I'd get the iPad mini if it wasn't for that crappy display. The Nexus 7 have a better display.
Walking and texting? SMH. Are you one of those guys who cut in and out of pedestrian traffic like people do in cars? OUT OF MY WAY!!!!1
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7043 posts
808 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 4:01 am
I see. I just want a cheap but good tablet and I guess the N7 fits that. Hoping for a deal on BF/CM and or BD.
Want something that Is portable throughout the house and so a tablet fits that.

I don't like surfing on my phone, Too small IMO.
Don't really see any deals on these before Christmas - they are selling just fine without them.

When I was at BB they only had 3 in stock, Staples next door had none in stock.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
SuJu wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 1:28 pm
Apparently this tablet will not support Miracast, even though people speculated it would as it has a Tegra 3 in it. That sucks, I know the Nexus 10 has support for it but that doesn't have 3G capability. Why couldn't they make a tablet with both? And please don't say get an iPad.
Really? I thought Android 4.2 adds that capability! There's no logical reason why it won't support Miracast.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 8:49 pm
Walking and texting? SMH. Are you one of those guys who cut in and out of pedestrian traffic like people do in cars? OUT OF MY WAY!!!!1
Don't worry, you and I will probably never cross path. The only time I ever step into Toronto is to change flights at Pearson International. As long as you stay away from Vancouver, Boston, New York City, and London, UK, we'll both be fine.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
Fantaz wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 12:55 pm
Yeah, it was the Holiday All In The Family plan. I got it with a Data Stick, but sold the data stick and put it in an Android phone to use as a VoIP/Skype phone (Worked well actually). So I actually sold my plan on Kijiji after a while (around the time I switched to Mobilicity BTS plan) and made some profit for selling/transferring that exclusive plan.
Damn! $20/month for data would be an awesome addon for the 3G Nexus 7. Now, I'm probably going to have to pay an extra $10/month to use the data that I'm already paying for. I'm hoping the retailers here in Vancouver, BC or in Boston, USA will carry the 3G version. After the initial hardware flaws with the Nexus 7 16GB, I don't want to take any chances with the Google Play Store. It's too much hassle trying to get an exchange.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1557 posts
72 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:15 pm
Really? I thought Android 4.2 adds that capability! There's no logical reason why it won't support Miracast.
I know, I was very disappointed to hear users reporting that even with the 4.2 update there was not support for Miracast. Otherwise the 3G version if this tablet would be perfect for me.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17017 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
SuJu wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:33 pm
I know, I was very disappointed to hear users reporting that even with the 4.2 update there was not support for Miracast. Otherwise the 3G version if this tablet would be perfect for me.
Maybe Cyanogen will add it later? I get this feeling that Google did this intentionally for no logical reason.
× < >