• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2013 5:29 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2777 posts
102 upvotes
delavoie wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:41 pm
Today for example i started at 7am with a full battery, during the day i watched 5 youtube videos and the nexus was on wireless with gps on, all day. At 9pm tonight the nexus was dead, 0% battery.
That doesn't sound right. 5 youtube videos, how long are they each? 1 hour? Not sure how gps affects the battery life but I only turn it on when I need it. You're not describing your usage in much detail at all. For me to kill the battery in a day would mean I'd have to spend at least 6 hours using it intensively , a few hours of videos and a few hours browsing and that is not my normal usage. I mainly just use it to browse and read pdfs
Nov 5, 2005
817 posts
18 upvotes
For those that wanted the receipt, I blanked out the CSR's ID as he was really nice and accommodating how a true CSR should be. The manager was also top class one of the best experiences shopping instore especially as I was getting the deal of the year for me :)

http://www.anony.ws/hV2
Oct 21, 2009
62 posts
2 upvotes
Just tried the 25 percent off at chapters in kennedy road. Explained the whole difference on the coupon between tablets and ereaders. Manager would not budge. Might try a different chapters tomorrow
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17026 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
delavoie wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:41 pm
I purchased the nexus 7 after my ipad 2 screen got broken. I purchased it from costco, since they have a 3 month return policy.
It's now been 2 weeks that i've had the nexus 7.
My biggest complaint is the battery life. It doesn't even compare to my ipad, not to mention this is only a 7" vs the ipad 10".
Today for example i started at 7am with a full battery, during the day i watched 5 youtube videos and the nexus was on wireless with gps on, all day. At 9pm tonight the nexus was dead, 0% battery.
That is just crazy, when my ipad would last a few days if not more, with the same usage. Plus it's a 10" screen.

The things i love about the Nexus, are software based.
I love being able to load movies and whatever i want via USB.
I love being able to have more control of the device, verus apples locked down ios.
Google Now, is awesome! Nothing on IOS 6 comes close to Google Now.
I do find that ios6 is more fluid and polished overall. But android is catching up quickly.

I have decided to have my ipad repaired out of warranty of $249, and i think i'll be returning the Nexus 7.
Maybe the Nexus 10 would be more a closer match to the ipad, but as of right now it's pretty hard to find one.
If i could get a nexus 10 and the battery were close to what the ipad offers, i might be sold on it.
For now i think i will go back to ipad.
What about your screen's brightness? Is it at max? If so, you're not going to get a whole day with it either. Regardless, the Nexus 7 have a smaller battery so it won't beat the iPad 2's battery life.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6986 posts
654 upvotes
while it is good to have multiday battery life, the most important to me is can it last from morning to night in a general usage pattern(that depends on individual). If it does, it is not a big deal as most people would be able to find place to charge it by then.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Ctwizzy wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:57 pm
For those that wanted the receipt, I blanked out the CSR's ID as he was really nice and accommodating how a true CSR should be. The manager was also top class one of the best experiences shopping instore especially as I was getting the deal of the year for me :)

http://www.anony.ws/hV2
$202.49 for a 32GB N7 is very nice! Congrats.

If this gets too popular they might revise the coupon terms by the end of the weekend.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17026 posts
140 upvotes
YVR
chimp wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:16 pm
while it is good to have multiday battery life, the most important to me is can it last from morning to night in a general usage pattern(that depends on individual). If it does, it is not a big deal as most people would be able to find place to charge it by then.
I agree. Usage patterns will ultimately determine the device's battery life. I have no problem if the device dies by 10 or 11 PM. I think that's pretty good and chances are you'll be in bed and you can just charge it via the outlet.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2777 posts
102 upvotes
asianavatar wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:04 pm
Just tried the 25 percent off at chapters in kennedy road. Explained the whole difference on the coupon between tablets and ereaders. Manager would not budge. Might try a different chapters tomorrow
Try some more locations you'll find your luck
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2557 posts
374 upvotes
Thanks for posting this. Now do I need another toy for the kids.
Oct 21, 2009
62 posts
2 upvotes
Try some more locations you'll find your luck
Oh I will tomorrow, just letting others know just in case they were going to try that location.
Nov 1, 2012
29 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
I've had my nexus 7 for 3 weeks now and the battery on mine has been pretty good. I can play on the tablet using the gameboy emulator for 6+hrs and battery only decreased by about 30%.
I do have the screen brightness to low and also wifi is always on.
Although in the beginning I was having a little trouble with updating to android 4.2. Somehow OTA didn't work on tr tablet. Had to do a root job. But other than that, This tablet have been awesome
Ball Don't Lie!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2777 posts
102 upvotes
Would anyone be interested in a 32GB Nexus 7 at cost in Vancouver? $225 after tax. If I get a successful purchase at chapters or indigo I will take the receipt to get a price protection on my current nexus 7 which I bought from futureshop rather than return. If nobody is interested I'll just return the one I would buy from chapters or indigo after I get a price protection a t FS.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
5322 posts
994 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
asianavatar wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 10:04 pm
Do you have a link to the coupon? I can't find it and am hoping to try it out tomorrow.

Also, does any know if Chapters carries the HSPA+ version?
Aug 8, 2008
369 posts
94 upvotes
Moebiwankenobi wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2012 2:27 pm
I can't speak with Edmonton experiences but I've been successful with Play Store PM's before. It took a bit of discussion but the fact that it's in canandian dollars and that it ships to canada, they usually just said fine since the prices weren't that much different. But it's is gray for sure since technically it's like trying to PM B&H but in Canadian dollars.
They PM Dell and Newegg. Both of these companies ship from the US. I bought a Nexus 4 from Google a couple of days ago and here's what I got:

Your order has been sent to Google Canada Corp..
Google Canada Corp. is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Canada Corp..

Dec 3
Google Canada Corp. received your order.

Dec 3
You placed an order with Google Canada Corp. on Dec 3.

There is absolutely no difference between this and any Dell purchase. And they do PM Dell.
-

Your mileage may vary.
× < >