• Nov 17th, 2017 12:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver

[Merged] NEXUS pass?

I am going Monday for my NEXUS pass at YVR.

Has anyone recently applied and had the interview?

Do they give you the NEXUS pass the same day? It seems the sight suggests they do but someone at work said they mail it out and takes 4-6 weeks?

Thanks
1569 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
62 upvotes
I applied and still waiting for the interview. I put YYZ T1 as my location. I heard that after the interview, they will do the fingerprint, iris scan and photo right away. Let us know how it goes.
Jan 17, 2006
71 posts
After the interview, if you're approved, they'll take your photo, iris scan, and finger prints (not sure if it's just the thumb and index or all 10 prints now). They'll print your card on the spot as well.

Good luck! It's $80 well spent, especially if you fly to the US on Monday mornings!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
62 upvotes
j62lee wrote:
Aug 18th, 2007 3:05 pm
.... and finger prints (not sure if it's just the thumb and index or all 10 prints now).
It was the left and right index fingers while applying for a US visa (L1B), which I suspect will also be the case here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5321 posts
574 upvotes
How long did it take for you to get an interview?

I applied a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything regarding an interview yet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't remember exactly but I would guess one month before they called. And then about 3-4 weeks for the actual appointment.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2660 posts
103 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2007 2:28 pm
I am going Monday for my NEXUS pass at YVR.

Has anyone recently applied and had the interview?

Do they give you the NEXUS pass the same day? It seems the sight suggests they do but someone at work said they mail it out and takes 4-6 weeks?

Thanks

If you have received an letter to book an in-person interview, then you will get the Nexus pass the same day...They will check a few questions, take fingerprint scan, then an iris scan of both eyes....and you will be good to go..

I have been using Canpass/Nexus for about 2 years now....and it has made business travel bearable again...No longer waiting 30-45 minutes Monday morning at YYZ T1 customs, and no longer waiting over 45 mintues Thursday night....
Now I am able to clear customs and security in less than 5 minutes...

Only complain now is the new Iris scan machine...its both eyes and alot harder to register your scan compared to the old 1 eye machines.....takes lots of practice..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
HighFlyer wrote:
Aug 18th, 2007 2:30 pm
I applied and still waiting for the interview. I put YYZ T1 as my location. I heard that after the interview, they will do the fingerprint, iris scan and photo right away. Let us know how it goes.
Just back from my interview at YVR for Nexxus. Other than waiting 45minutes at the US interview side things went well and the check-in machines that use my iris scan are pretty straight forward, maybe a bit intimidating at first. I am just glad the whole process is done. I was interviewed on US side. Just regular questions and inputting onto a computer screen. I wouldn't really call it an "interview" per say.

And the Nexxus card was given out at the end of the US interview. I don' think I got a Nexxus sticker though? Perhaps they don't use or have them anymore.

Good luck to everyone else and their patience for NExxus.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
62 upvotes
The CBP interview at YYZ was simply a brief check of your documents and a few basic questions like "why do you want the NEXUS card?". Photo, fingerprint, iris scan, and that's it. Other than the iris scan, the interview resembled the usual US customs clearance process with the US-VISIT procedure.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5321 posts
574 upvotes
Good to know, I just got my letter. Trying to make an appointment now but they seem really busy, they never answer the phones (YVR/Vancouver)!

They said messages will be returned in 2-3 Business Days :| .
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2167 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
j62lee wrote:
Aug 18th, 2007 3:05 pm
Good luck! It's $80 well spent, especially if you fly to the US on Monday mornings!
It's actually much cheaper if you pay by money order. The fee then is $50 US. They talked about this the other day on the local news.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2540 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
wow, OP, u're lucky u didnt have to wait that long during your interview!

i got my nexus at the end of july and i waited 2 hours to get everything done. my appointment was at 3:45pm and i didnt leave the airport till 6pm. heck, i wasnt even called up to get things started until i had waited an hour! had to pay $16 in parking. :mad: i dont know what the heck the hold up was... stupid canadian customs ppl taking freaking forever.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3883 posts
361 upvotes
Montreal
tkyoshi wrote:
Sep 8th, 2007 5:50 pm
Good to know, I just got my letter. Trying to make an appointment now but they seem really busy, they never answer the phones (YVR/Vancouver)!

They said messages will be returned in 2-3 Business Days :| .
I just got my NEXUS card. I originally had a September 21st appointment. As it happened, I was going to the US through PE Trudeau airport a couple of weeks ago and the officer said that if I was already at the airport I could just show up and they might take me because interviews are scheduled 1 per hour per officer and they rarely take that long.

That didn't happen for me when I tried however I got an earlier appointment in person than I had had over the phone. I've had my card for a week instead of having to wait for the 21st.

For those who are keeping count, I applied in the first week of June so it was 3 1/2 months from the day I applied to the time I got my card.
Phils
Oct 20, 2004
30 posts
2 upvotes
[Does anybody know what number to call to get the appointment?
I applied on-line and it is showing first appointment available in January.
Do we have to go across the border for the interview or can we have it in one of the Canadian locations (Greater Vancouver?)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3883 posts
361 upvotes
Montreal
The Vancouver Airport Number is 604-666-4598
Phils