• Feb 21st, 2019 12:04 am
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3952 posts
366 upvotes
Scarborough
redpattison wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 6:04 pm
Curious. Changed my Drivers Licence and Passport number. Inquiring if I needed to inform them of my CC. Assume not. Just want to be on the safe side.
No
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1397 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
I have an enhanced ON driver’s license (the one with that can be used for landslide travel to US, without a passport) and didn’t need to update the info with Nexus.

I know it’s uselss to have that type of license now, since the Nexus card is my ID, but I didn’t want to go through the process of downgrading my license at renewal, even if it costs more than the regular one.
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4643 posts
656 upvotes
Montreal
redpattison wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 6:04 pm
Curious. Changed my Drivers Licence and Passport number. Inquiring if I needed to inform them of my CC. Assume not. Just want to be on the safe side.
Look at my post #1937 above.
Phils
Nov 17, 2004
775 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
I am Canadian and have had a Nexus card for many years. I just got an E1 Visa and entered the US via land border in Detroit this past week and got an I-94 paper stapled to my passport (valid for 2 years). I then went to the Detroit Nexus Enrollment center to update my nexus with my E1 Visa and I-94.
I am now back in Canada. My question is if I now fly into the US and use the Global Entry machines, will I see the option to select E1 on the machine? Will it use my current I-94 or issue me a new one?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1543 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Phils wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 6:27 am
Look at my post #1937 above.
Thank you very much. Not sure how I missed that. :-) Me, "Duh"
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1814 posts
636 upvotes
Seks wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 6:05 pm
Managed to snag the only vacant spot left for today online so I moved my appointment to today, 2 hours prior. In and out of the enrollment center in 15 min. The US agent had a really thick southern country accent. I had to ask him to repeat some of the questions he was asking Face With Tears Of Joy

Now to wait for the card!
Received my card the past Fri 8th
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18265 posts
2941 upvotes
GTA West
Seks wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 6:05 pm
Managed to snag the only vacant spot left for today online so I moved my appointment to today, 2 hours prior. In and out of the enrollment center in 15 min. The US agent had a really thick southern country accent. I had to ask him to repeat some of the questions he was asking Face With Tears Of Joy

Now to wait for the card!
Where did you do the interview?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Feb 1, 2018
712 posts
738 upvotes
Montréal
Renewal application submitted: Dec 27
Status as of today is still "pending review".

I was expecting this 'cause of the government shutdown delays, and also because even before them, 3-4 months seemed normal for a renewal. So I'm surprised to hear of so many applications submitted after December already being approved.

My card expires in May, so all I can do is hope for a renewal before that.
Sep 6, 2009
236 posts
59 upvotes
Regina
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:51 pm
My card expires in May, so all I can do is hope for a renewal before that.
You're fine, even if you don't get a renewal by then. You've filed for renewal, so you can continue to use NEXUS until the renewal process is complete, even if your card expires. You may want to take evidence of the review process being pending, or having an interview scheduled, if it isn't all done by your renewal date.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Feb 1, 2018
712 posts
738 upvotes
Montréal
PhotoJim wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 10:50 am
You're fine, even if you don't get a renewal by then. You've filed for renewal, so you can continue to use NEXUS until the renewal process is complete, even if your card expires. You may want to take evidence of the review process being pending, or having an interview scheduled, if it isn't all done by your renewal date.

Yeah, I know the rules say you can still use it for 6 months after expiry as long as you've applied for (and paid for) your renewal before that date. But I think not every agent at the border or at airport security will know that, and it's just way less of a hassle if I can get the renewal done before that date.

My own fault for not applying right at T-364. I just plum forgot. But who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and won't need an interview!
May 27, 2008
280 posts
9 upvotes
Guelph
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:51 pm
Renewal application submitted: Dec 27
Status as of today is still "pending review".

I was expecting this 'cause of the government shutdown delays, and also because even before them, 3-4 months seemed normal for a renewal. So I'm surprised to hear of so many applications submitted after December already being approved.
My family of four applied for renewal the same day you did. Three of us were approved without interview and had our cards less than a month later. One if us is still pending review. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. I bet he’ll end up needing an interview.
May 9, 2018
115 posts
46 upvotes
Side note: The Nexus is no good if you are crossing over from the US in to Mexico. You need a passport
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17376 posts
2169 upvotes
Langley
Yeah, it seems you either get your renewal approved in two weeks or you wait however many months for it to even be reviewed.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18265 posts
2941 upvotes
GTA West
nasa25 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 9:50 pm
Also I hate the fact that my bridge toll account reloads with $20 USD when the balance dips below $5. I don't need to have money for 5-6 bridge crossings on my account at one time. Guess they don't want to pay tons of credit card processing fees so they make the min reload $20
How does this toll bridge account work? Is it tied to nexus or separate?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)