• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2017 7:58 am
Sep 6, 2009
147 posts
18 upvotes
Regina
john.canad wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 6:36 pm
Well why would you send by mail? Now you don't have proof that all four apps got sent to them
Probably because the fee is $50 Cdn if you mail, and $50 US if you apply online.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15923 posts
1517 upvotes
Langley
My wife and I took the baby in for his interview yesterday. The new center at the Birch Bay strip mall is much bigger and nicer. It's nice they're open Sundays since they want additional paperwork if only one parent is present. Since I was able to go on the weekend, we didn't need to bother with that. I still think that if both parents are members, the kids should just be able to show up and get pictures taken with automatic approval, but at least we're almost there.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1153 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
cyberspyder wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 7:20 pm
They were all charged (4 x $50) so I know they got to them. Probably the slow postal system, as my father's letter was dated Oct. 22 and I received it a few days ago. I'll keep on waiting. $50 USD vs CAD x 4 makes it worthwhile to mail the applications...
Ah I see, wasn't aware there was different currency used
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1102 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Applied via paper method and found that i was conditionally approved when I called to get an update about 2 months later. Never got anything in the mail. The first person I called told me that my letter was mailed late sept but also gave me my account number so I could setup my appointment online, which I did. Several weeks later I still never received the approval letter, so I called back and was told that they don't mail them out anymore and isn't necessary for the interview. Should I be concerned?
Celebrating 14+ years on RFD!
Sep 6, 2009
147 posts
18 upvotes
Regina
wysiwyg wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 6:33 am
Applied via paper method and found that i was conditionally approved when I called to get an update about 2 months later. Never got anything in the mail. The first person I called told me that my letter was mailed late sept but also gave me my account number so I could setup my appointment online, which I did. Several weeks later I still never received the approval letter, so I called back and was told that they don't mail them out anymore and isn't necessary for the interview. Should I be concerned?
I've applied for NEXUS and also renewed NEXUS (2010 and 2015) and neither time did I get an approval letter in the mail. I just got the approval on the account on GOES, the US' online system.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13723 posts
3066 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I'm in buffalo for the weekend via the whirlpool nexus crossing. Just bought a massive bottle of sailor jerrys and plan to bring back 1L of it once the weekend is over. Can I even bring it back since it would be open alcohol even though it'd be in the trunk? Thanks for the help guys.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15923 posts
1517 upvotes
Langley
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 4:51 pm
I'm in buffalo for the weekend via the whirlpool nexus crossing. Just bought a massive bottle of sailor jerrys and plan to bring back 1L of it once the weekend is over. Can I even bring it back since it would be open alcohol even though it'd be in the trunk? Thanks for the help guys.
Yes, it's fine. I bring back open bottles all the time. I have a travel trailer so we'll often have some partial spirits or wine coming back with us.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13723 posts
3066 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
i6s1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 7:07 pm
Yes, it's fine. I bring back open bottles all the time. I have a travel trailer so we'll often have some partial spirits or wine coming back with us.
Perfect. Thanks for the response.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jun 27, 2012
12 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Not too long ago, I wrote a post on my family travel blog about the Nexus application process. Some people may find it useful, but I wrote it in the context of having kids. http://www.savvyfamilytravels.com/cross-border-quickly/

Getting a Nexus card was probably one of my better decisions.

Dad, traveller and blogger extraordinaire.

www.savvyfamilytravels.com
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3576 posts
641 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wife and I both have NEXUS and our kid is conditionally approved, just need the interview.

Do you for sure need a scheduled interview or can we pop in (we have a domestic flight next week, so easiest for us to go prior to...)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Former username: coleworld
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3734 posts
318 upvotes
Montreal
You could try popping in but schedule the interview anyway just in case they can't take him. I would guess that if they say they can, he might have to wait an hour or more before they can take him. It might not be worth it.
Phils
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15923 posts
1517 upvotes
Langley
coleworld wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:35 pm
Wife and I both have NEXUS and our kid is conditionally approved, just need the interview.

Do you for sure need a scheduled interview or can we pop in (we have a domestic flight next week, so easiest for us to go prior to...)
I'd book the appt and then try to drop in during the flight.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7071 posts
770 upvotes
Burnaby
hogtown4eva wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 2:35 pm
Not too long ago, I wrote a post on my family travel blog about the Nexus application process. Some people may find it useful, but I wrote it in the context of having kids. http://www.savvyfamilytravels.com/cross-border-quickly/

Getting a Nexus card was probably one of my better decisions.
Your blog post implies that global entry is the same as nexus, it is not. Nexus comes with global entry benefits, but is not really global entry.

US citizens can apply for nexus the same way Canadians can, but global entry only allows expedited access into the US, not Canada. It is definitely not the same thing.

Global entry also has reciprocal benefits with some other countries overseas which are not available to nexus cardholders.

Certain US cards reimburse global entry application fees but not nexus applications
Sep 6, 2009
147 posts
18 upvotes
Regina
And related to the above, I don't think you can get Global Entry or NEXUS if you don't have a passport, so you can't use it as a means of avoiding passport fees.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7071 posts
770 upvotes
Burnaby
You could, technically. I applied for my infant's nexus card before passport, and was conditionally approved with only birth certificate

There's even a guy on Flyertalk that somehow managed to get a nexus card without an underlying passport, by continuously pointing out that the nexus can be used as a standalone travel document for land crossings

Which kind of begs the question if the nexus is a really a standalone travel document or if it's a incremental one that piggy backs off of existing valid passports. God knows agents are volcanic when your passport attached is listed as expired