Nov 4th, 2016 12:34 am
john.canad wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 11:57 pm
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 11:22 pm

Yes that's what I said
When did you say that?
During the interview to the question 'why do you want a nexus card'
Oh that's what you meant. Thought you were saying you already told me that in this topic. Thanks!
Apr 15, 2005
218 posts
23 upvotes
Ajax
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 9:01 pm
You just stand there and look into the viewer. And yes you have to remove your contacts
You don't have to remove your contacts. I had mine scanned with my contacts in and have used the machines at Pearson without any problems with my contacts in.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17344 posts
5495 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
jadephoenixx wrote:
Nov 5th, 2016 10:12 pm
nasa25 wrote:
You just stand there and look into the viewer. And yes you have to remove your contacts
You don't have to remove your contacts. I had mine scanned with my contacts in and have used the machines at Pearson without any problems with my contacts in.
Well at my interview they told me to remove my contacts and I've heard they do the same for others as well. I'm surprised they let you keep yours in when taking the original iris scan.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1979 posts
417 upvotes
Vancouver
jadephoenixx wrote:
Nov 5th, 2016 10:12 pm
nasa25 wrote:
They told me to remove contacts if I had any. Good thing I didn't though, but I guess it's variable depending on where you go. I also had to pull my eyelids open because my eyelashes were too long lol
Apr 15, 2005
218 posts
23 upvotes
Ajax
My apologies everyone. Hubby remembered that I wore my glasses for the interview and iris scan because we had read about the need to remove contacts. Sorry for the misinformation! I blame it on my failing memory due to old age. LOL!
Oct 30, 2007
90 posts
2 upvotes
Regina
WalnutCrunch wrote:
Nov 18th, 2007 12:51 pm
tkyoshi wrote:
Nov 17th, 2007 7:03 pm
They actually prefer if you don't go in to look for appointments. Any cancellations should be reflected online.
Yeah, definitely check GOES often by clicking the "reschedule" button. You won't lose your original appointment time unless you find another slot and decide to take it. I was able to move my appointment up by 5 weeks this way.
I had an appointment at YVR but had a change in flight schedule so just showed up and with a bit of waiting had my interview as a walk-in 2 weeks ahead of my scheduled interview. So this is not only possible but actually seems to happen quite often in practice. Interestingly, the interview was NOT reflected on the GOES account which also showed the scheduled interview as missed. So I was a bit worried but after a few weeks my new NEXUS card came in the mail.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16625 posts
1873 upvotes
Langley
I applied for my baby on Aug 25 and got conditional approval today. 77 days, 11 weeks. I went to schedule the interview and they have a couple of openings on Sunday in Blaine, just 3 days from now. The Richmond and Vancouver offices are 2 weeks and 1 month out respectively. Seattle is booking into 2017. It looks like the Blaine interviews are done now at the Birch Bay strip mall just off the highway, not at the border.
Nov 20, 2008
636 posts
128 upvotes
Markham
Sent in four applications at once inside the same envelope, but only my father's got a response. Should I keep waiting for the conditional approval letter or contact them directly?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1979 posts
417 upvotes
Vancouver
cyberspyder wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 6:30 pm
Sent in four applications at once inside the same envelope, but only my father's got a response. Should I keep waiting for the conditional approval letter or contact them directly?
Well why would you send by mail? Now you don't have proof that all four apps got sent to them
Nov 20, 2008
636 posts
128 upvotes
Markham
john.canad wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 6:36 pm
Well why would you send by mail? Now you don't have proof that all four apps got sent to them
They were all charged (4 x $50) so I know they got to them. Probably the slow postal system, as my father's letter was dated Oct. 22 and I received it a few days ago. I'll keep on waiting. $50 USD vs CAD x 4 makes it worthwhile to mail the applications...
Sep 6, 2009
189 posts
34 upvotes
Regina
john.canad wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 6:36 pm
Probably because the fee is $50 Cdn if you mail, and $50 US if you apply online.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16625 posts
1873 upvotes
Langley
My wife and I took the baby in for his interview yesterday. The new center at the Birch Bay strip mall is much bigger and nicer. It's nice they're open Sundays since they want additional paperwork if only one parent is present. Since I was able to go on the weekend, we didn't need to bother with that. I still think that if both parents are members, the kids should just be able to show up and get pictures taken with automatic approval, but at least we're almost there.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
1979 posts
417 upvotes
Vancouver
cyberspyder wrote:
Nov 11th, 2016 7:20 pm
They were all charged (4 x $50) so I know they got to them. Probably the slow postal system, as my father's letter was dated Oct. 22 and I received it a few days ago. I'll keep on waiting. $50 USD vs CAD x 4 makes it worthwhile to mail the applications...
Ah I see, wasn't aware there was different currency used
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1240 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Applied via paper method and found that i was conditionally approved when I called to get an update about 2 months later. Never got anything in the mail. The first person I called told me that my letter was mailed late sept but also gave me my account number so I could setup my appointment online, which I did. Several weeks later I still never received the approval letter, so I called back and was told that they don't mail them out anymore and isn't necessary for the interview. Should I be concerned?
Celebrating 15+ years on RFD!
Sep 6, 2009
189 posts
34 upvotes
Regina
wysiwyg wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 6:33 am
Applied via paper method and found that i was conditionally approved when I called to get an update about 2 months later. Never got anything in the mail. The first person I called told me that my letter was mailed late sept but also gave me my account number so I could setup my appointment online, which I did. Several weeks later I still never received the approval letter, so I called back and was told that they don't mail them out anymore and isn't necessary for the interview. Should I be concerned?
I've applied for NEXUS and also renewed NEXUS (2010 and 2015) and neither time did I get an approval letter in the mail. I just got the approval on the account on GOES, the US' online system.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)