• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 5:03 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15980 posts
1883 upvotes
B0000rt wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 1:30 pm
FYI, I scoured through every post (starting Dec 2013) on the flyertalk's Nexus thread and put together a chart of everyones approval times.

This should help anyone wanting to apply between June and October :)
More data for you - applied November 18, Conditional Approval December 26 - 38 days; Interview 1 week later in Fort Erie, waiting for my card.

I beat the average, I must be an upstanding citizen :D
Mar 13, 2006
920 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Applied Oct 15, Conditional Approval Dec 5 - 51 days; Interview scheduled for Jan 21 at YYZ
Jun 12, 2006
749 posts
2 upvotes
for those that have done the interview, once you have your appointment scheduled. Do you just walk in at your timeslot and do the interview right away? or is there still a long wait time when you arrive at lets say the YYZ location for example? Is there an actual time slot youre reserved for or are you just booking a day to go in and NOT a specific time?
Dec 18, 2016
7 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jon_yau wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
for those that have done the interview, once you have your appointment scheduled. Do you just walk in at your timeslot and do the interview right away? or is there still a long wait time when you arrive at lets say the YYZ location for example? Is there an actual time slot youre reserved for or are you just booking a day to go in and NOT a specific time?
I waited for around 10-15mins last time at YYZ
Feb 11, 2009
886 posts
155 upvotes
jon_yau wrote:
I went to the office at Pearson Terminal 1.

You walk into the office. There is a sign saying to sign in at the table on the opposite end of the waiting area. So you walk over there and put your name, appointment time, and the current time on the list.
The officers come check the list and call out names and you go over to the wicket.

I probably arrived 10 minutes earlier than my appointment and only waited a short while. I was probably out 5 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.
A lady who came after me and had an appointment later than I did was called as I was leaving. So in my experience you are in and out pretty quick.

Me:
Application Date: Sept 18
Conditional Approval: Nov 20
Interview: Jan 7

I could have had an earlier interview but I wanted the Nexus office to return to Terminal 1 rather than doing my interview at the temporary location.
Sep 6, 2009
162 posts
22 upvotes
Regina
jon_yau wrote:
Both times (2010 and 2015) we were early for our interview.

The first time (Fort Erie) the US interviewer said "Are you the xxxs?", we said "Yes" and he said "Normally Canada does you first, but if you don't mind me first, I can start with you right away", and so we did.

The second time (Toronto Pearson) we booked a conservative time as we were having our interviews in the middle of a CDG-YYZ-YQR connection, but we were over an hour early for our appointment. We put our names on the paper list as requested, and were called up within three or four minutes. We were out of the interview centre, through security and in the lounge relaxing before our scheduled interview time.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
1968 posts
2464 upvotes
Laval
there are reports that NEXUS /fast line are all closed now at every border crossing
Apr 22, 2012
144 posts
25 upvotes
Quebec
2Riskit wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 3:52 pm
there are reports that NEXUS /fast line are all closed now at every border crossing
Does anyone have more info on this?
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1378 posts
107 upvotes
Dorienna wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 4:38 pm
Does anyone have more info on this?
Peach Arch open according to CBP's website:
https://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/display_rss_po ... ort=300402

Blaine - Peace Arch
10 minutes ago
Hours: 24 hrs/day
Date: 2/3/2017
Maximum Lanes: N/A
Standard Lanes: N/A
Fast Lanes: N/A
Maximum Lanes: 10
Standard Lanes: At 1:00 pm PST no delay 5 lane(s) open
Readylane: At 1:00 pm PST no delay 1 lane(s) open
Nexus Lanes: At 1:00 pm PST no delay 1 lane(s) open
Maximum Lanes: N/A
Standard Lanes: N/A
Readylane: N/A
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15888 posts
4543 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Was just about to post this. Things are really getting out of control
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Feb 11, 2009
886 posts
155 upvotes
Awful. If the Nexus process isn't "extreme vetting" I don't know what is.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)