Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7260 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
doberman_baby wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 9:13 pm
You can also use Nexus for TSA Pre.
Only on airlines that participate and only if you are selected. You must enter your nexus pass if in the KTN area of your reservation ahead of time

If your departing the USA on a non USA airline then you may not have this option. Air Canada and west jet participate. Porter does not

Most non us airlines do not participate with some exceptions like etihad and Aeromexico

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck-participating-airlines

Also a good idea to learn more about what precheck gives notably not removing shoes jacket and laptop
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16752 posts
1962 upvotes
Langley
The best benefit that precheck gives is the shorter lines. Keeping shoes on is just a bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
2988 posts
21 upvotes
Signing up for myself and three kids under 18. Would prefer to do it online but do people know if they charge the $50 USD for kids online? I know it is free on the paper application.
this site is like a drug. Its forum is the drug dealer.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
16752 posts
1962 upvotes
Langley
Rosico wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 12:58 pm
Signing up for myself and three kids under 18. Would prefer to do it online but do people know if they charge the $50 USD for kids online? I know it is free on the paper application.

It's free online for kids.
Jan 2, 2009
254 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 2:41 pm
Yes anywhere in Canada you will get priority screening.
Hmm, maybe this is something new, because when I last flew Cathay Pacific about a year ago, I don't recall using my Nexus card. I remember getting on the flight and wondering why I was never asked for my Nexus card. On the other hand, when I fly to the US, Nexus comes in handy every time ... although lately, it seems like everyone and their mother has Nexus, at least at YYZ.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
3824 posts
786 upvotes
Winnipeg
So we booked an interview for our baby (CYWG) for February and yesterday before a flight, stopped by and asked if we could do it then, which they did. Saved us a trip to the airport, took maybe 10 minutes. Funny they didn't ask for our ID, being the parents.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7260 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
07Ex wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2016 1:02 pm
Hmm, maybe this is something new, because when I last flew Cathay Pacific about a year ago, I don't recall using my Nexus card. I remember getting on the flight and wondering why I was never asked for my Nexus card. On the other hand, when I fly to the US, Nexus comes in handy every time ... although lately, it seems like everyone and their mother has Nexus, at least at YYZ.
Sorry I guess I should have said most major airports. You need to look for trusted traveller line up or at some airports just ask to jump the queue I do it at billy bishop all the time. Some dirty looks at times lol

See list here

Www.catsa.gc.ca/node/11
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Jan 2, 2009
254 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
^ Thanks! I didn't know that certain lines were designated for trusted travellers, even for international flights outside the US. I will definitely make use of this next time I will be flying internationally without connecting to the States.
Sep 6, 2009
201 posts
42 upvotes
Regina
07Ex wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 9:02 am
^ Thanks! I didn't know that certain lines were designated for trusted travellers, even for international flights outside the US. I will definitely make use of this next time I will be flying internationally without connecting to the States.
At Canadian airports, there will be a NEXUS sign indicating the lane where you go to use the NEXUS lane. e.g. for domestic flights at YYZ Terminal 1, it's at the far right end of the lanes and it's well marked. At YQR it's at the far left. Not all airports have it yet, but most do.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16420 posts
2080 upvotes
B0000rt wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 1:30 pm
FYI, I scoured through every post (starting Dec 2013) on the flyertalk's Nexus thread and put together a chart of everyones approval times.

This should help anyone wanting to apply between June and October :)
More data for you - applied November 18, Conditional Approval December 26 - 38 days; Interview 1 week later in Fort Erie, waiting for my card.

I beat the average, I must be an upstanding citizen :D
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1059 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto
Applied Oct 15, Conditional Approval Dec 5 - 51 days; Interview scheduled for Jan 21 at YYZ
Jun 12, 2006
749 posts
2 upvotes
for those that have done the interview, once you have your appointment scheduled. Do you just walk in at your timeslot and do the interview right away? or is there still a long wait time when you arrive at lets say the YYZ location for example? Is there an actual time slot youre reserved for or are you just booking a day to go in and NOT a specific time?
Dec 18, 2016
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jon_yau wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
for those that have done the interview, once you have your appointment scheduled. Do you just walk in at your timeslot and do the interview right away? or is there still a long wait time when you arrive at lets say the YYZ location for example? Is there an actual time slot youre reserved for or are you just booking a day to go in and NOT a specific time?
I waited for around 10-15mins last time at YYZ
Feb 11, 2009
943 posts
200 upvotes
jon_yau wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 2:59 pm
I went to the office at Pearson Terminal 1.

You walk into the office. There is a sign saying to sign in at the table on the opposite end of the waiting area. So you walk over there and put your name, appointment time, and the current time on the list.
The officers come check the list and call out names and you go over to the wicket.

I probably arrived 10 minutes earlier than my appointment and only waited a short while. I was probably out 5 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.
A lady who came after me and had an appointment later than I did was called as I was leaving. So in my experience you are in and out pretty quick.

Me:
Application Date: Sept 18
Conditional Approval: Nov 20
Interview: Jan 7

I could have had an earlier interview but I wanted the Nexus office to return to Terminal 1 rather than doing my interview at the temporary location.