[Merged] NEXUS pass?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2017 7:58 am
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3734 posts
318 upvotes
Montreal
Highgate Springs into VErmont is only open until 8:30 AM. Back into Canada is 24/7.
Phils
Sep 6, 2009
147 posts
18 upvotes
Regina
Kiraly wrote:
Feb 4th, 2017 12:18 pm
This shows that as of right now, 9 locations have open NEXUS lanes and 9 have closed NEXUS lanes:
https://bwt.cbp.gov/index.html?com=1&pa ... ,3009,3310
A lot of crossings (among the ones I've used, Sault Ste. Marie, ON/MI, Pembina, ND/Emerson, MB and Sweetgrass, MT/Coutts, AB) have only part-time NEXUS hours, so that's nothing unusual.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23402 posts
4908 upvotes
GTHA
200 Canadian people have been unable to use their Nexus cards to cross the American border since U.S. President Donald Trump ordered a temporary halt to immigration from certain countries, none of them are Canadian citizens

Since Trump order, 200 have lost access to Nexus: public safety minister
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e33917388/
Sep 26, 2006
617 posts
119 upvotes
North York
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 9:15 pm
200 Canadian people have been unable to use their Nexus cards to cross the American border since U.S. President Donald Trump ordered a temporary halt to immigration from certain countries, none of them are Canadian citizens

Since Trump order, 200 have lost access to Nexus: public safety minister
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e33917388/
Unless you are a permanent resident from one of the seven countries named in the Executive Order, nothing to worry about, at the moment.
Banned
Jan 9, 2017
225 posts
56 upvotes
I'm about to apply for nexus, I'm a student so I've had a 2 month gap in employment after graduation.
I also worked a job for 3 months, though quit. Should I put these on my nexus application or does it really not matter?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3015 posts
332 upvotes
implyingdoesitforfree wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 12:47 pm
I'm about to apply for nexus, I'm a student so I've had a 2 month gap in employment after graduation.
I also worked a job for 3 months, though quit. Should I put these on my nexus application or does it really not matter?
Yes, put both the job and the gap in your employment history on the application.
Jun 29, 2010
699 posts
146 upvotes
Went across the border last week - Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia - and on the US side I was asked many more questions than is usual with a Nexus.
Previous to the Trump era, I was often passed through without any questions at all - just "Have a nice day".
I was also instructed to turn off my truck while the officer opened my tailgate to look in. (Nothing in there)
I believe the word "Trusted" may not be associated with "Traveller" any more.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3661 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver
Psychopathetic wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 2:19 pm
Went across the border last week - Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia - and on the US side I was asked many more questions than is usual with a Nexus.
Previous to the Trump era, I was often passed through without any questions at all - just "Have a nice day".
I was also instructed to turn off my truck while the officer opened my tailgate to look in. (Nothing in there)
I believe the word "Trusted" may not be associated with "Traveller" any more.
perhaps they say your avatar pic and nickname on RFD. j/k but yeah it feels alot different going to the other side of the border now. Feels like more tension from what i see
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1362 posts
102 upvotes
I used my Nexus card a couple of times a month; haven't noticed any differences since Trump's election/inauguration/travel ban at the land crossings.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1102 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question, but when at land crossings, is it required to tap/wave all the occupants' cards in front of the large NFC readers or just one? And does this apply on both directions? When I crossed at the whirlpool bridge I presented one and the gate (on the Cdn side) opened. Then before reaching the US agent, I had to flash my cards again in front of the reader. There was a little display. Is that the number of cards it detected or the number of occupants in the vehicle it detected and making sure it matches the number of cards scanned.
Celebrating 14+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3734 posts
318 upvotes
Montreal
It's the number of cards.
Phils
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1953 posts
257 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
kitty wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:18 pm
I used my Nexus card a couple of times a month; haven't noticed any differences since Trump's election/inauguration/travel ban at the land crossings.
Me either I have not seen a difference. In fact last Saturday when I went the US I crossed in Niagara Falls, CBP didn't even ask me a single question. The guy just looked at me and my card and said have a nice day. No purpose of your visit, where do you live nothing at all. Canadians coming back asked the usual tax collecting questions.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3661 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver
I did see a protest with about 300-400 folks (mostly Mexicans) they were marching along a main st with police guidance
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9570 posts
2832 upvotes
Ottawa
I helped my wife apply for her NEXUS card last week, let's see how long it takes this time. (It took me almost 5 months last year because I applied in the summer and apparently that was the busy period)
Atomy Korean Beauty Care/Health Care/Household products available in Ottawa.