• Jul 27th, 2017 10:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5273 posts
268 upvotes
TO
canabiz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 7:17 pm
I helped my wife apply for her NEXUS card last week, let's see how long it takes this time. (It took me almost 5 months last year because I applied in the summer and apparently that was the busy period)
Have you heard anything back? I'm thinking of applying and wondering low long it takes after the approval of app to get/book an interview.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

I use Plastiq to pay bills! It's magic ;)
#1 rule of Churning club - KCaDCA
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13989 posts
3261 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
TorontoEh wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 7:38 pm
Have you heard anything back? I'm thinking of applying and wondering low long it takes after the approval of app to get/book an interview.
The approval of the application is the longest part of the wait. Once it's approved you can get an appointment within a week easily if you're open to weekday times and traveling a few hours away.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
2759 posts
579 upvotes
markham
TorontoEh wrote:
3 month average I would say..just keep checking the "goes" website or wait for an email.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1367 posts
104 upvotes
Here's the dates for a recent-ish application for a family member:

2016-May-09 Applied for Nexus card via snail mail
2016-Sep-07 Conditional approval, need to schedule interview
2016-Sep-27 Interview
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9591 posts
2838 upvotes
Ottawa
TorontoEh wrote:
Not yet but I'll keep you posted.
Atomy Korean Beauty Care/Health Care/Household products available in Ottawa.

LF: Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Pick-up in Ottawa or EMT elsewhere. Please PM your details.
Sep 23, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
West Vancouver
Applied for Nexus on January 11, got my conditional approval yesterday, interview scheduled for early April. About 46 business days, so right on schedule with what their site currently states.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6947 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
FINALLY we catch up to the USA in reducing useless paper forms. I for one am very happy shame the pilot airport is Ottawa.

Important Information for NEXUS Members
This year, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) will be making travel even more convenient by phasing out the paper CBSA Declaration Card (Form E311) for travellers arriving in Canada by air.
What does this mean for NEXUS members?
NEXUS kiosk display screens at all designated NEXUS airport locations in Canada are being updated to simplify the declaration process. Members will be prompted to respond to questions on the NEXUS kiosk screens that mirror the questions that were previously found on the paper CBSA Declaration Card.
Why is this change being made?
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6947 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
This change is being made to coincide with the upcoming launch of new Primary Inspection Kiosks that will expand self-service options to all international air travellers arriving in Canada. NEXUS members should continue to use their dedicated NEXUS kiosks, which are exclusively for their use and are designed to expedite their arrival to Canada.
When and where will this change be made?
Beginning late-March 2017, all travellers flying into the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport will no longer be required to fill out a paper CBSA Declaration Card. The elimination of the paper CBSA Declaration Card will continue to be rolled out at other major Canadian airports across Canada, over the course of 2017-2018. Visit the CBSA NEXUS website for the most up-to-date information regarding where this automated service will be available for NEXUS members.
Airline staff will distribute the paper CBSA Declaration Cards to travellers only if the airport is not equipped with the Primary Inspection Kiosks. If you are given a CBSA Declaration Card en route, please continue to fill it out.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1367 posts
104 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:13 am
This change is being made to coincide with the upcoming launch of new Primary Inspection Kiosks that will expand self-service options to all international air travellers arriving in Canada. NEXUS members should continue to use their dedicated NEXUS kiosks, which are exclusively for their use and are designed to expedite their arrival to Canada.
When and where will this change be made?
Beginning late-March 2017, all travellers flying into the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport will no longer be required to fill out a paper CBSA Declaration Card. The elimination of the paper CBSA Declaration Card will continue to be rolled out at other major Canadian airports across Canada, over the course of 2017-2018. Visit the CBSA NEXUS website for the most up-to-date information regarding where this automated service will be available for NEXUS members.
Airline staff will distribute the paper CBSA Declaration Cards to travellers only if the airport is not equipped with the Primary Inspection Kiosks. If you are given a CBSA Declaration Card en route, please continue to fill it out.
Without the paper form, doesn't that mean NEXUS holders will spend longer at the kiosk filling out the electronic version?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6947 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
If it's anything like the USA stations you just click "no to all" shouldn't be too much longer.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1493 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
So no paper for going to the USA, and no paper for coming home? Is the 2nd effective immediately?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4393 posts
735 upvotes
Markham
GangStarr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:25 am
If it's anything like the USA stations you just click "no to all" shouldn't be too much longer.
Rarely do I click "No" to all as I usually have some food item on me even if it's snacks from plane ride. Do you click NO even if you have snacks?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13989 posts
3261 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
If you have snacks declare them. Last thing you need is to get your nexus revoked over some BS.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Mar 26, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Hi guys,

First time poster here. Just signed up for Nexus online on March 24th. Let's see how it goes. The processing time is 47 days updated as of Feb 28th, they should be updating it soon. Hopefully it goes down.
Anyways.
I have no criminal record or any blemish of any sort on my record at all really. I'm a student aged 20 years old hoping to get this to be able to ski at Jay Peak more easily in the winter. Anyone know if they care about age?
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13989 posts
3261 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Limacon wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 7:48 pm
Hi guys,

First time poster here. Just signed up for Nexus online on March 24th. Let's see how it goes. The processing time is 47 days updated as of Feb 28th, they should be updating it soon. Hopefully it goes down.
Anyways.
I have no criminal record or any blemish of any sort on my record at all really. I'm a student aged 20 years old hoping to get this to be able to ski at Jay Peak more easily in the winter. Anyone know if they care about age?
Do you have any prior customs violations? If not you shouldn't have an issue getting the nexus.
Firebolt wrote: