[Merged] The Official BlackVue DR400G-HD Owners Thread
Blackvue Official Website
Blackvue Singapore Website
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e49KuBR5 ... r_embedded
Here we will discuss anything related to the dash cam, tips/tricks/wiring/installation etc.
Current/Future GroupBuys. Status: CLOSED
For those who missed out, there WILL be another oppertunity to get this device. Approx. date of the next group buy is April 16th. In the mean time, DO NOT...i repeat PLEASE DO NOT PM Pintobean regarding groupbuy # 2 until it is active. I will update the thread once the new GB is active.
Warranty:pintobean wrote: ↑Apr 4th, 2012 2:56 amIf you bought in GB #1, I will let you buy an extra mount/cable combo in GB #2, even if you're not getting another cam. HOWEVER, I'm going to reserve the right to limit the number of mount/cable combos that I sell, because every additional carton on the delivery significantly increases the shipping fees. I dont want to order a carton full of mount/cable combos, because then the $25 charge will not be sufficient to cover the additional shipping fees.
There is a 1 year manufacture's warranty on the camera. There is a 6 month manufacture's warranty on accessories i.e. battery and MicroSD card.
If you purchased your unit via pintobean's group buy # 1 then please contact pintobean. Valid until 02/29/2013
If you purchased your unit via Hellfire's group buy then please contact Hellfire. Order placed Feb/28/12Valid until 02/29/2013
It is encouraged to provide feedback to each respective "seller" for their hardwork to provide us with these great deals.
Feedback for Pintobean and Hellfire
Please note that you are responsible for any shipping fees during the warranty process.
Full english user manual can be found here.
Rengoku wrote: ↑Mar 29th, 2012 5:16 amI finally got around to hardwiring my Blackvue camera. I figured I'd take some photos along the way to show the process.
Do-It-Yourself Tutorial: How to Hardwire your BlackVue DR400G-HD Camera
There are a couple methods out there to hardwire your camera. Below are three popular methods, but this tutorial will only cover the last method:
- Hardwire directly to the car battery (This involves abit more work as you would have to feed the wire from within the passenger compartment through the firewall hole and into the engine bay.)
- Tap into your Dome light or cigarette lighter wires (This is the quickest method, but it does involve cutting into your existing wires. For those going this route, you can use a T-tap connector if you don't want to solder)
- Tap into your Fusebox. (Least intrusive) Read more...
Hardwire Groupbuys: Both are $25
LockDown Security - Mississauga and Markham
Auto-Links - Located in Scarborough. Have multiple cameras? Save $5 per unit. $10 for PM installation.
Power Magic Manual Install
1.040E - This version should fix the 1hr delay some users are experiencing in 1.039E. Beta testers needed and results should be posted.
I will try to keep this updated but if i fail too, you can find themhere.
How to update.
1. Insert the micro SD card into your PC
2. Go to the second link in this section.
3. Double click the firmware upgrade file. Follow the onscreen instructions
4. Insert the microSD card with the newly downloaded firmware into your BlackVue. Please make sure it is turned off.
5. Turn on the Blackvue. The firmware will automatically update. Please ensure there is a constant power supply during the upgrade
Installing BlackVue Software (Windows)
1. Insert the micro SD card into your PC
2. Go to My Computer\Removeable Disk (? \BlackVue\Software
3. Run the setup and follow the prompts
4. If the program doesnt run, change the program properties to run as Winodows XP SP3
This method has been confirmed, please follow the instructions accordingly.
Maintaining your microSD card.
NOTE: It is not recommended to remove the SD card while the LED lights are turned on.
Please refer to the following recommendations.
1. Re-inserting the SD card into the camera.
Remove the SD card 10 sec. after turning off your engine.
After insert the SD card to the main body, engine on.
In case you installed a battery discharge prevention device to your car, please take off the power jack from the main body.
2. Formatting the SD card.
Try to format the SD card weekly.
Please use the SD card provided with the Blackvue device.
If the unit becomes defective from a unknown SD card i.e. not the one provided then no support can be offered.
The Blackvue comes with Novus Blackvue, a video software.
Did you have a close call experience or saw something crazy? Share your video here.
You can use Windows Movie Maker to edit/crop clips so that you can post them on YouTube. If anyone has any other *free* programs that they use then please either PM me or submit a post so that I can update this for other users.