Automotive

[Merged] The Official BlackVue DR400G-HD Owners Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2020 5:40 pm
Sep 14, 2003
722 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any updates to the Korean prompts update?

I've tried all the v1.044 FW on this page but I only end up getting Korean prompts OR the dreaded "version information is different."
http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/s ... hstr=dr400

I've also tried to downgrade to v1.040E but I still seem to be stuck in Korean. :(
Nov 27, 2006
292 posts
60 upvotes
Anyone know what kind of fuse the cigarette power adapter uses? I believe my fuse has blown.

Answered myself: 250V 2A Fast-Blow
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11520 posts
5338 upvotes
Moving target
If anyone is looking for a blackvue compatible battery for local pick up in Toronto. I went to active surplus in hopes of finding it and they pointed me to Creatron @ 349 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1S5 (647) 349-9258

Zoob's guide linked above is great, thanks Zoob. The battery that you need from Creatron is 3.7V 150mAH. The only problem is the connector Creatron sells is too big for the blackvue, so you will need to cut the connector from the old battery and solder it on the new battery. I took off the black foam thingy ontop of the battery sleeve and angled the battery as the battery is shaped a bit differently. I managed to close the blackvue nice and tight with minimal effort.

Other then that simple mod and if you haven't cleaned your blackvue before, you really should! While your down there may as well swap the battery.

The battery costs $12. Hope this helps. I did my battery swap and the camera is shutting down again.
Autocorrect sucks
Oct 21, 2014
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Same issue as videonerd here, upgraded to latest F/W but now all is in Korean despite changing config file languages between English and Korean ad back to English. Tried going back to my original F/W which worked fine but can't anymore. ANy suggestions please?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
o0vL wrote:
/snip

Blackvue Official Android App

Search BlackVue in GooglePlay or download from your PC here. Works on any Android device that has MicroSD access, those with Samsung devices are SOL. This app is useful for viewing your video on demand on your device. i.e. You just got into a car accident and want to show the police the footage.
Tried to search but couldn't find, what's wrong with the app and Samsung?

gd6noob wrote: does the Blackvue DR400G support SDXC?
Dunno where XC starts, but I read somewhere "up to 32gb".
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6236 posts
1772 upvotes
I just bought a DR500, how do i check what version of the firmware is currently on it?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1666 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Run the Blackvue software on your computer and insert the card into a connected card reader.
Aug 21, 2016
1 posts
zero10 wrote: I tried a couple times to get my Gen 1 to take the update that was provided here but I think I have dug myself a bit of a hole by doing to 1.044k before trying any of this, I keep getting version mismatch errors or some korean things I can't understand. When I have another chance I'll try rolling back to 1.037 or something and moving forward from there. Maybe that will have better luck. I suspect the signatures and firmware created are fine but instead that I am having a more fundamental problem.
where do i find 1.044k - will i have better luck with korean install then switch to english? i think mine originally came in korean. i wanted to try this but could not find the file on their site.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11652 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
reviving this from the dead... anyone have issues with the gps not functioning and staying on 2012? I noticed when I load the app, the script won't load... firmware already upgraded and didn't make a difference.
Heat 43-0-0
Sep 14, 2003
722 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
Ogata wrote: reviving this from the dead... anyone have issues with the gps not functioning and staying on 2012? I noticed when I load the app, the script won't load... firmware already upgraded and didn't make a difference.
Maybe the GPS week rollover? https://www.cnet.com/g00/roadshow/news/ ... k-bug-2019

Had an old Magellan GPS at work that went back in time, but otherwise everything recent was ok. While the date might be wrong, the positioning should still be ok.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
I can't believe this thread was revived. Lol... Blackvue stopped support years ago for this unit since they don't care about their customers. Time to replace your cam. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
lol..still using one of mine from the original group buy. The other one died 2 or 3 years ago.
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11652 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: I can't believe this thread was revived. Lol... Blackvue stopped support years ago for this unit since they don't care about their customers. Time to replace your cam. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
was hoping to avoid that..camera still works fine and the speedometer still works..its just the date/time stays to 2012 which I've disabled and won't resync..even the application isn't showing google maps anymore...
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
lol I only stopped using mine from the GB, several months ago.

Would not consistently turn on anymore and had corrupted clips. Still planning to give it another chance if i can source a new battery for cheap. :razz:
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
You know what's funny? Even though I say it's time for OP to retire it, mine still works too. Lol... I use it as my rear though as the quality has gone down hill. The GPS mapping stopped working years ago after Blackvue said they would no longer provide firmware updates. It errors if you try to use their video player.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Oct 6, 2012
9 posts
2 upvotes
Oxford
Matrixvibe wrote: lol I only stopped using mine from the GB, several months ago.

Would not consistently turn on anymore and had corrupted clips. Still planning to give it another chance if i can source a new battery for cheap. :razz:
I'm in no way associated with the seller or the company providing the information -
eBay item number:171737868680
Jul 19, 2019
1 posts
Anybody tried the 1.044e version that was released on 2016?

I tried and got the version information not correct thing. don't know how to solve it.
Dec 27, 2004
16 posts
Victoria
I have a DR400G that was one of the grey market Korean ones. After upgrading, ran into numerous "The version information is different" anytime I tried anything English language firmware. I was able to successfully apply the 1.044 KOREAN version to the dashcam. After flashing and ensuring it worked, I was able to go into config\version.bin and change the "Korea" language values to "English". Now it seems to be working, minus the GPS for some reason.