• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2016 12:21 am
Mar 7, 2006
487 posts
168 upvotes
Mississauga
Jin-n-Juice wrote:
Apr 16th, 2012 8:16 pm
Cruise button goes cleanly on driver side (now I have 2 cruise buttons but you cant really see it through my driverside window unless you look closely
ImageImage
Jin, this is an extremely ingenious solution as I was initially wondering why you would go to the extra trouble of getting a cruise control button when an on-off toggle would do. I then saw the photo and realized that yes, most people will have an extra outlet to the side of their car allowing you to have an OEM look. I'm definitely going to be borrowing this idea when I hard wire my unit in. Did you think this up on your own or did you read it from somewhere else?

Sadly I have but one thanks to give. A++++
Apr 15, 2012
15 posts
USA
anybody connect a portable TFT LCD monitor to their blackvue? i'm having a hard time finding one 3.5-4.3" with rca inputs
Apr 10, 2009
577 posts
16 upvotes
mariox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 1:37 am
anybody connect a portable TFT LCD monitor to their blackvue? i'm having a hard time finding one 3.5-4.3" with rca inputs

You could always buy an RCA adapter from ebay or somewhere.

Don't forget that the framerate goes down once you connect it to an external source though.
Apr 15, 2012
15 posts
USA
Mistro wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 1:47 am
You could always buy an RCA adapter from ebay or somewhere.

Don't forget that the framerate goes down once you connect it to an external source though.

thanks. will look into that.

one other question, there probably isn't a way to enable/disable mic without going through the settings, right? had a different recorder before this that allowed me to turn mic on/off with the push of a button.. miss that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1878 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
mariox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 1:57 am
thanks. will look into that.

one other question, there probably isn't a way to enable/disable mic without going through the settings, right? had a different recorder before this that allowed me to turn mic on/off with the push of a button.. miss that.

Only through software. Rene, can you ask your contact if it Would be possible to customize what the side button is used for (for those not using parking mode)? I.e. enabling/disabling mic etc.
Apr 15, 2012
15 posts
USA
o0vL wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 2:06 am
Only through software. Rene, can you ask your contact if it Would be possible to customize what the side button is used for (for those not using parking mode)? I.e. enabling/disabling mic etc.

that would be cool. i don't bother with the parking mode.

how much does the framerate decrease by if using video out?
Mar 21, 2011
532 posts
77 upvotes
mariox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 2:12 am
that would be cool. i don't bother with the parking mode.

how much does the framerate decrease by if using video out?

Haven't noticed any framerate drop.
As far as I understand it takes place if TV out is set to PAL (25 fps) not NTSC (30 fps).
After all we are living in the center of the Universe.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
1111 posts
7 upvotes
now that's a good idea
o0vL wrote:
Apr 10, 2009
577 posts
16 upvotes
vadimus wrote:
Apr 18th, 2012 2:14 am
Haven't noticed any framerate drop.
As far as I understand it takes place if TV out is set to PAL (25 fps) not NTSC (30 fps).

That could be it. In the book:
BlackVue Manual, Page 11 wrote:If you use the [VIDEO OUT] port of BlackVue, the frame rate decreases
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6718 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
it would be nice to have an option (software or via button) to have the mic off when driving and on when in parking mode.

I'm not a fan of recording every conversation I have in my car either in person or via handsfree bluetooth, I also don't think this is considerate to friends / co-workers in your car, to be bugged unknowingly. However if someone were to break into my car, they might do something stupid like call a friends name or something.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3509 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
username333 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 6:05 pm
guys new firmware is out 1.040E
i will post it in 15 min
just waiting on Pinto to email it to me :D
vadimus wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 7:32 pm
15 minutes, eh? :)
username333 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2012 7:47 pm
yeah Pintos iphone has an issue with sending files
Sorry guys :o
I was busy at work all day today and was unable to forward the email to username333.
The new firmware 1.040e is a rather large file and my iPhone couldn't handle the email attachment.

Anyways, my contact emailed the file to me directly.
He said that they are not going to release it on their website.
I guess they don't want to make people elsewhere in the English-speaking world download it unnecessarily.

I have uploaded the file to my MSN SkyDrive.
You can all download it from there.
Here is the link: BlackVue FW 1.040e

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

EDIT: username333 has also provided a mediafire link below :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3509 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
o0vL wrote:
...Rene, can you ask your contact if it Would be possible to customize what the side button is used for (for those not using parking mode)? I.e. enabling/disabling mic etc.
I think you guys are overly complicating the issue :lol: If the cams were made by an American manufacturer, I would have no problem asking them for all these nice-to-have options... But as I have said previously, there is a major language barrier at play, so I am weary of continually asking them to develop and implement all these nice features when there are still a few more serious issues that I'd like them to fix first (like the check SD card problem). I am worried that they're going to label me as a whiny client and stop taking me seriously.

Maybe one of you guys can compile a list of nice-to-have features and then find someone to translate it into Korean. I know you all have gorgeous Korussian girlfriends, so maybe get one of them to help me out? Then once the serious issues are resolved, I will happily fire off the list to my contact and see what he says.

For the time-being, I don't see why you guys can't just use the software to manually remove the audio from your recordings? It's not like the procedure is all that complicated... Personally, I think it's a good feature to have for when my wife and I get into a fight in the car...I can play back the audio later to prove she was wrong :lol: And in the more likley scenario that the audio proves I was wrong, I can just accidentally hit the delete button ;)
× < >