[Blockbuster] *OFFICIAL* Blockbuster's Belly-Up Liquidation thread....
10 for $10 Thurs and Friday. Includes all items in store. Not much to choose from though.
Last chance to pick up Robsessed at bargain basement prices!!!!!
The doors shutter on all stores at 5pm, Friday Sept 30th. Get in and get your goodies while you can!
*List of 200 stores still open*
http://www.blockbuster.ca/images/main/2 ... tember.pdf
*Doors are shuttered now at 53 locations*
We made the deal announcement page on RFD!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main. ... riday_sep/
Current discount: 10 items for $10. Less than full quantity is 70% off
- Rental option ends and stores close at 5pm Thursday, Sept 8th.
- Stores reopen Friday, Sept 9th at 10am with the 1st wave of discounts. Final closures: Friday, Sept 30th.
- Monday, Sept 12, 2011, store hours change to 12-9pm
- EVERYTHING must go. Yes, this means systems, games, food, skin off their backs and possibly the paint on the walls
- Discounts start at 15 & 25%, increasing to 40, 50 and 70 by the last week.
- New Releases such as "THOR" and "X-MEN First Class" are included in the sale, as well as hawt games. YMMV
- All sales are final. No exchanges, returns or refunds. Caveat Emptor.
- ALL stores are shutting down for good. There will be NO locations remaining in Canada.
- Giftcards and coupons will NOT be honoured beginning Friday Sept 9th. Use them up now or forever hold your whining..
- Store credit may or may not be valid. *reports are coming in of credit gone byebye*
- Ice Cream and Pepsi coolers are not for sale. The vendors will be picking these up soon. You may be able to buy a flat-screen TV, but that is up to each individual store lease-if the landlord wants that item, it stays.
- Wind phones and accessories are now discounted. This only applies to "Take Away" stores and not the Kiosk stores.
- 2300+ employees will be jobless. Please show them some respect and behave yourself
- A collection company is on the books. Return your rentals, or chance being hounded by them. All debts > $12 will be reported to the bureaus.
Link: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/help-blo ... st13476536
*Operating hours are now 12-9pm with a few exceptions.
*If the location you are inquiring about is not listed, it's already closed. I cannot magic it back into existence, sorry. :P
http://www.grantthornton.ca/resources/c ... 2026th.pdf
Key Points to remember:
- Be nice. No pushing and shoving and please do not phone the store. That annoying ringing sound really drives the workers mental.
- Consider bringing cash. The unreliable debit machines tend to crash when overheated/overused. Plus, it is much faster to make change than wait for Grampa to figure out his PIN.
- If purchasing large quantities of items, maybe bring a box or large shopping bag with you to carry your hoard out. The crappy plastic bags the company charges you for hold almost nothing.
- Say something nice and encouraging to the employees. Wish them well. Many of them have been there for years.
- If you want items held for you, bribe the staff with coffee and sweet treats. These people will be starved, thirsty, exhausted and stressed. A little act of kindness goes a long way.
- Try to refrain from asking "Are you closing?" or "Is it all stores?". This question posed 400x a day gets old very fast. The big red and yellow signage make it pretty clear what's what.
- Please decide what you want before waiting in the lineups. Changing your minds and abandoning mountains of discarded movies and random things at the counter makes for a huge mess that no one wants to clean up. The managers have enough going on without spending half their day and most of their energy putting crap away :P
Exhibits for reference :
- Calculators are your friend. If you really must know how much half off $1.00 is, this can be a handy tool. Pro-tip: easiest way to calculate 25% off is to divide by 4. Customers having basic math skills make for happier employees.
- Don't forget the opportunity to flip qualifiers in the T2 at BestBuy for StarWars Blu-ray set! Some posters have succeeded in paying <$40 total for it.
I will continue to update the OP as deals and more info trickle in. This will be done probably once a day. Patience please, I work most evenings. Thanks.