None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6140 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Slaughter wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 12:50 pm
Have you guys backed any Kickstarter games? What are your thoughts on the whole thing?

I feel like I've missed out but at the same time, every game I look at, by the time I convert to CAD and add shipping, they are more than I would ever consider paying...
I've only backed one thing on Kickstarter, and it was very recently for Champions of Midguard. I got the expansions (which the KS was for), and added the base game as an option since I never had it. You're right, what initially started as a $40USD expansion kickstarted, ended up costing me around $190 CDN....which I kind of regret now........it all added up quickly.......adding in the base game, then a few of the cool upgraded components, upgraded neoprene player mat, shipping and converstion....jeez. It got out of hand quick :(

That being said, it was a game i've been looking into for a while, and I dont' back any and every game. I stayed away from Rising Sun and Gloomhaven, because I know it would never get played with my lifestyle and friends available to play with lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, probably. I have the first one, the second set (base+expansion) and the third expansion..I think...I've never played them. I played Black Plague, which was supposed to be a better version anyway, and I hated it. I am keeping my Last Night on Earth + expansions though.
Slaughter wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:00 pm
Is that your Prison Outbreak set that I've been tempted by? ;) lol.

I personally haven't played the regular game but am more interested in Black Plague / Wulfsburg / Green Horde.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
I feel the same way, yet I still backed them...lol
SwiZz wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:01 pm
I stayed away from Rising Sun and Gloomhaven, because I know it would never get played with my lifestyle and friends available to play with lol.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1603 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
SwiZz wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:01 pm
... ended up costing me around $190 CDN....which I kind of regret now........it all added up quickly.......
Yup.. Exactly my fear... But at the same time, if it is a one time deal for something you really want, then it may be worth it. Have you played it yet? Another game on my list that I have yet to play/own. :)
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:07 pm
Yea, probably. I have the first one, the second set (base+expansion) and the third expansion..I think...I've never played them. I played Black Plague, which was supposed to be a better version anyway, and I hated it. I am keeping my Last Night on Earth + expansions though.
Hmmm.. Not your post then. Someone on kijiji is selling Prison Outbreak + 3 addons.

How much are you looking to get for your collection?
Heatware 35-0-0

Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 | Intel i7 3770K | 4x4096 G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 | Asus DirectCUII 290X
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Slaughter wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:15 pm
How much are you looking to get for your collection?
I was looking to trade them away. Would prefer I get more games than money.
Board games!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6140 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Thought I'd throw it out here in case anyone is looking to trade/sell........i'd be interested in:

- Lords of Vegas
- Potion Explosion
- Stockpile
- Spyfall
- The Game of 49
- Monikers
- Anomia
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1603 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Apr 12th, 2017 2:19 pm
I was looking to trade them away. Would prefer I get more games than money.
Fair enough. Unfortunately I don't have anything to trade :(
Heatware 35-0-0

Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 | Intel i7 3770K | 4x4096 G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 | Asus DirectCUII 290X
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
I have Potion Explosion, Stockpile, and Spyfall. They are all good games, although I think codenames has replaced spyfall for me.
SwiZz wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 2:24 pm
Thought I'd throw it out here in case anyone is looking to trade/sell........i'd be interested in:

- Lords of Vegas
- Potion Explosion
- Stockpile
- Spyfall
- The Game of 49
- Monikers
- Anomia
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
3874 posts
45 upvotes
Apr 12th, 2017 8:49 pm
Another KS, Sagrada, just fell on my porch today!
You mentioned in a previous post that you picked up Terraforming Mars - have you given it a whirl yet?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, played it a few times. I got some upgrades too like the acrylic overlays and acrylic counters. It's fun with some groups. There WAS one 2p game that dragged like forever as it was my buddy's first time playing and he preferred to get more cards and it was extremely difficult to move on the common goals alone.
nsd wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 8:00 pm
You mentioned in a previous post that you picked up Terraforming Mars - have you given it a whirl yet?
Board games!!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13930 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
might as well post my board games up for sale here as well. I'm moving to malaysia in 2 months and I won't be bringing these along..

city of spies - $35
lego creationary - $35
islebound - $35
camel cup - $35
doctor panic - $40
survive space attack - $35
hanabi (deluxe edition, tiles have been scratched from use) - $35
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if we are allowed to offer stuff outside of BST, but anyway...haha..I'd be interested in Islebound if it was $25.
skyblue12 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 12:37 am
might as well post my board games up for sale here as well. I'm moving to malaysia in 2 months and I won't be bringing these along..

city of spies - $35
lego creationary - $35
islebound - $35
camel cup - $35
doctor panic - $40
survive space attack - $35
hanabi (deluxe edition, tiles have been scratched from use) - $35
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4163 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Happy International Tabletop Day!

Alright....here's an updated photo album of my collection as of today. I think I have everything I own in the album, although in hindsight I should have put put the Hive Pocket a little better. Happy to add 2 extremely hard to find games today - Anachrony+Exosuits expansion and the grand-daddy Gloomhaven!

Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1603 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Apr 29th, 2017 8:31 pm
Happy International Tabletop Day!

Alright....here's an updated photo album of my collection as of today. I think I have everything I own in the album, although in hindsight I should have put put the Hive Pocket a little better. Happy to add 2 extremely hard to find games today - Anachrony+Exosuits expansion and the grand-daddy Gloomhaven!
Wow! I'm jealous!

Your Gloomhaven, was that from the second printing? It came already? I just backed it myself. My first KS. :P

And did anyone do anything for ITTD? I was planning to check out Boardgame Bliss but due to unforseen circumstances, was unable to.
Heatware 35-0-0

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)