None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6135 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Slaughter wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:11 pm
I'm always up to learn anything as well. Board Game Bliss would be more convenient for me as I live in East York but I'd be up for getting together at some point. Keep in mind, BGB does have a collection of games what could be played as well.

Here is my collection so far: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/us ... dgame&ff=1

Obviously Gloomhaven still hasn't arrived yet as I'm part of the 2nd wave KS along with Zombicide: Green Horde ;)
Nice collection. I'd be in the dog house if I brought home the monstrosity that is the Gloomhaven box....I remember my wife's reaction when I brought up the box that they shipped Mechs. vs Minions in..lol. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if we were in a house. Our condo is getting cramped with our daughter's stuff haha.

Yeah I live like 10 mins from BGB. They're only open until 9pm on weeknights, so it's a bit more limited in terms of time. But yeah if you're up for it, I'd be down. If you're up for it, PM me and perhaps we can figure out a time. I'm up for any game really. And yeah BGB has some games to choose from as well if there's something new you're looking to try that isn't one of ours.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6135 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:31 pm
I know Bosco and AJ well, and wouldn't mind getting together (the three of us) on a weekend afternoon to play. I understand with a small one it's hard. I have 2 myself..lol.

Swizz: Well, I think your collection is pretty representative of your description as a gamer. Probably Jamaica, Stockpile, and Champions of Midgard are your heaviest games (that, and Battlelore). I think my wife is in the same camp. Based on what you have, there are a few games I think are exactly up your alley: Kanagawa, Celestia, Cacao.

Here's my collection: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/us ... nlightcafe

EDIT: Oh, Stockpile is want to buy. It's a good game, but must buy the expansion or else the game falls flat in the luck compartment.
I've met them both at BGB as I randomly pop by there every now and then. They probably dont know me by name though haha. Yeah weekend's are a little tough, especially in summer. Trying to make the most of the good weather with the kiddo. But I'm sure I can make something work if we pick a date in advance. Do the three of you get together often?

What's your weeknights like? Perhaps me/you/Slaughter can get together for a quick RFD game night somewhere if you guys are up for it :).

And yeah, I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer by any means. It's not to say I wouldn't want to try the harder ones, but I figured there's no point buying expensive games that are complex that I would never get a chance to play with my family/friends. With the collection I have, it's easy enough for people to pick up for the family get togethers, or cottage trips, etc. But yeah, again, up for anything really.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4087 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
Weeknights are harder for me as I live on Bayview and 16th, lol
SwiZz wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 4:24 pm
I've met them both at BGB as I randomly pop by there every now and then. They probably dont know me by name though haha. Yeah weekend's are a little tough, especially in summer. Trying to make the most of the good weather with the kiddo. But I'm sure I can make something work if we pick a date in advance. Do the three of you get together often?

What's your weeknights like? Perhaps me/you/Slaughter can get together for a quick RFD game night somewhere if you guys are up for it :).

And yeah, I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer by any means. It's not to say I wouldn't want to try the harder ones, but I figured there's no point buying expensive games that are complex that I would never get a chance to play with my family/friends. With the collection I have, it's easy enough for people to pick up for the family get togethers, or cottage trips, etc. But yeah, again, up for anything really.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4087 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else on RFD interested in meeting up for board games at Wood For Sheep? Swizz and I are looking at maybe early next week on a weeknight.
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15582 posts
640 upvotes
Stouffville
^ i talked to Swizz and i am down to join you guys... Wednesday nights at wood for sheep are their Gaming Night In Markham night and they usually get between 10-20 people on a given night.. so thats definitely a good night to check it out... but in case you dont want too many other people around, a Tuesday would work better.... FYI its $5 sitting fee for as long as you want...they do offer pop, chips, chocolates, coffee, etc for a fee....and they do have lots of games to choose from...great store...i am in the finals for a chance to win a free trip to vegas to play in a massive tournament called Unrivaled...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6135 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks grappos. I'll get your cell and we can coordinate a day next week with project and Slaughter too.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1495 posts
89 upvotes
I have just backed my first kickstarter game which is Heroes of Land, Air and Sea which is supposed to ship in march 2018.

With the conversion and taxes, came up to 215.........wow. Hopefully its a really really good game to play. From what I saw, it will be for our group.

We played Scythe and Bloodrage which were KickStarter games and those were awesome.

A kickstarter game with tons of unlocked goals is a great kickstarter!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6135 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
BobTheSnake wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 12:07 pm
I have just backed my first kickstarter game which is Heroes of Land, Air and Sea which is supposed to ship in march 2018.

With the conversion and taxes, came up to 215.........wow. Hopefully its a really really good game to play. From what I saw, it will be for our group.

We played Scythe and Bloodrage which were KickStarter games and those were awesome.

A kickstarter game with tons of unlocked goals is a great kickstarter!
Saw that KS as well. Looked cool. Just felt I'd never get it to the table with the type of people I usually play with. Also like you said, it was tempting to get all the extras, which would've raised the cost up so much as well.

I backed the KS for Champions of Midgard expansions........and it was a base price of $40USD........but as I didn't own the base game, I included that, and got suckered into all the extra upgrades, and player mat, and I think after conversion it was about $200ish as well.......starting from $40...lol.

That being said, it's supposed to be arriving in the next 2-3 weeks. Am excited.