Fashion & Beauty

[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Dec 14, 2011
55 posts
2 upvotes
SlicedUpBeef wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 6:14 pm
The diamond shaped fabric surrounding the tag seems to use the same material as the shell.

Yeah. Isn't that how it normally is on all CG jackets? I would think the black fleece would be more obvious.
Jan 30, 2011
65 posts
56 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 6:18 pm
Wait this Isn't the jacket that sells for $5k Is It?

If It Is then It doesn't look that great.
It sold for roughly 935 if I remember correctly, you'd need FireBolt to confirm that for me. It's one of the cheaper collaborations that CG has released and now it's on the market (kijiji) for anywhere from $1500-2500

But the OVO x CG Collab 2 on the other hand, gold plated zippers and snaps, buffalo leather, silk lined, white goose down, arctic fox fur. It's more a luxury item than a functional jacket if you ask me. No where in the planet has temperatures that should require a $5000 jacket imo.
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
So somebody bought a fake OVO x CG jacket? Oh my God that is insane. :facepalm:
Mar 5, 2008
348 posts
36 upvotes
SlicedUpBeef wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 5:58 pm
Burn that jacket, approach with caution. That is OVO x CG is FAKE, it looks like a poorly DIY Chilliwack conversion done in someones basement. Unless I'm missing out and CG actually released a regular Chilliwack with dyed coyote

1. The disc is supposed to have grey accents on it similar to discs on the Japanese line, this one looks like the standard disc with Sharpie marker over it
2. The words "Octobers Very Own" is supposed to surround the disc
3. The exterior of the jacket uses a different material and is supposed to appear much glossier than the standard Chilliwack
4. The inside of the hood is supposed to be lined with fur
5. The cuffs are supposed more subtle on the OVO collab, similar to that of PJS gobi
6. The neck tags are different from the standard CG Chilliwacks and have different writing on them
The list goes on...

I'm surprised to see this, it looks like an authentic Chilliwack that was sacrificed. pkdc2 where did you find this jacket?

Did SlicedBeef just hit a game winning jumpshot in the 4th quarter?
That was so ****ing clutch holy ****!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44658 posts
3353 upvotes
Toronto
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 6:29 pm
So somebody bought a fake OVO x CG jacket? Oh my God that is insane. :facepalm:

Really? I would have just thought that person was just see'ing If It's legit or not.. I'm pretty sure there are some people that are desperate In getting this jacket "first" to show their buddies and tunnel visioning that fact that they might have bought a fake one off Kijiji and what not!
Jan 30, 2011
65 posts
56 upvotes
Garest wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 6:33 pm
Did SlicedBeef just hit a game winning jumpshot in the 4th quarter?
That was so ****ing clutch holy ****!

Just trying to help :D , I just sure hope nobody buys this jacket. That would be like buying a second hand a Lamborghini with Prius parts under the hood
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
I think the person was inquiring about its authenticity before pulling the trigger. He just posted two sets of photos but not the corresponding listing, so I cannot pass judgment on what I'm about to describe in my next sentence.

If the ad stated that it was a Drake Chilliwack, then we have a problem with deceit because SlicedUpBeef spotted that it's a regular Chilliwack altered to look like a Drake version.

If the ad stated that it's just a blackened Chilliwack and nothing more, I actually have no issue with this.

My guess is that it's actually the former.

Nice to see what the Arctic Program disc would look like when covered with black permanent marker.
Oct 26, 2009
402 posts
11 upvotes
TBH, I've always wanted to buy a fake chilliwack, the ones with white fur. Dye it black, color the logo black. See how it looked, guess I know now. Doesn't look too bad tbh
Jan 30, 2011
65 posts
56 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 10:27 am
I personally would love to see good photo examples of ™ and ® Arctic Program discs with maple leaves in different stages of the company's evolution. I have some Snow Goose discs and the latest ® discs but nothing in between. Here are my three Snow Goose discs. Note the different shaped maple leaves especially compared to the fourth photo, the current generation ® disc.

Below are a few pictures I quickly snapped of the Arctic Program discs. I tried my best to keep the lighting the same to provide a good idea of the colour differences as well. The first three pictures are comparisons between my two Air Force Bombers, with the ™, while the last three are comparisons between the Squadron with the ™ and the 2010 Freestyle vest with the ®.

As for the discontinuation date, I'm not too sure of. The information about the AFB is very limited on the internet. Also, I've been quite busy lately with exams so I haven't had time to browse the internet for these small details. Fortunately, what my pictures prove is that the development of AFBs have definitely changed overtime, even if it's a brief difference (The leaves on the disc.) I'm also questioning whether the AFBs had two designs while they were in the market. I'm already informed that there's one version that uses beaver as a neck warmer while the other uses shearling. I suspect that the shearling model was released before the beaver one though (Arctic disc uses thick leaves on both shearling AFBs, the design of the beaver AFB is more closely related to the Chilliwack,) because I've seen two AFBs w/ shearling in person and both of them share different accents than the beaver one. For example, the shearling AFB's adjustable collar strap is longer than the beaver one, and the wrist/waist bands are a more rugged material. What I'm wondering is whether these features are specifically designed for the shearling version, or vice versa. I've yet to see a beaver AFB with the extended strap and rugged bands. What's odd is both my AFBs are beaver-pelted ones with the same features but the arctic disc seems different. :facepalm:

[IMG]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7134_n.jpg[/IMG]
AFB with the bigger leaves

[IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6464_n.jpg[/IMG]
AFB with smaller leaves

[IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0213_n.jpg[/IMG]
Side to side comparison between the two AFBs

[IMG]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4145_n.jpg[/IMG]
Squadron jacket with bigger leaves (You can really see the garment weave using Cordura technology)

[IMG]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 1279_n.jpg[/IMG]
2010 Freestyle vest with the smaller leaves (Present CG disc with the ®)

[IMG]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3870_n.jpg[/IMG]
Side by side comparison between the Squadron and the Freestyle vest
Jan 30, 2011
65 posts
56 upvotes
Jan 30th, 2012 6:14 pm
Holy crap, I completely missed that. I foolishly assumed he continued sharing photos of the first set.

I shall partially retract what I said about there being no fakes on account of this authentic regular Chilliwack being altered to look like the all-black Drake Chilliwack.

Good job by SlicedUpBeef in catching this!

No worries, thanks but I really couldn't resist myself but to exploit this atrocity
nannus wrote:
Jan 30th, 2012 6:17 pm
Yeah. Isn't that how it normally is on all CG jackets? I would think the black fleece would be more obvious.
Yeah, I should correct myself; it seems that the inside of the OVO collab 1 is lined with fur everywhere, not just the hood.
Jan 30th, 2012 6:54 pm
I think the person was inquiring about its authenticity before pulling the trigger. He just posted two sets of photos but not the corresponding listing, so I cannot pass judgment on what I'm about to describe in my next sentence.

If the ad stated that it was a Drake Chilliwack, then we have a problem with deceit because SlicedUpBeef spotted that it's a regular Chilliwack altered to look like a Drake version.

If the ad stated that it's just a blackened Chilliwack and nothing more, I actually have no issue with this.

My guess is that it's actually the former.

Nice to see what the Arctic Program disc would look like when covered with black permanent marker.

We`ll need pkdc2 to determine that for us, anyways if you`re interested in seeing an authentic all black crest. The 50th anniversary Chilliwack actually has the crest embedded in the sheep/lambskin leather! (I don't seem to remember)
I was actually deathly close to purchasing one, some student from Ryerson drove all the way to my location to give me a look, he was giving it to me for $900 rather than the MRSP of $1500, BNWT in my size! But as a student, this was a hefty sum of a cash and I had to let it go, mainly because the fur was a little sparse in person, I was told informed that the 50th anniversary Chilliwack is supposed to have 4x the fur of a regular Chilliwack, but this one definitely didn't prove so.

[IMG]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 8128_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3287_n.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
Just gave thanks for your two wonderfully detailed posts above. Gotta admit that was my first time seeing a ™ Arctic Program disc with the current maple leaf design.

Since we're on the topic of black discs, here's the one on my Manitoba:

I was kind of hoping the black permanent marker on a standard disc would turn out to look like the Special Collection disc pictured immediately above, but alas, no! :lol:

There are so many different-coloured discs that the company has released, including but not limited to:

-All-black in both large (Manitoba) and small (Yukon) sizes
-Black & white (Arctic fox G-Tech Chilliwack)
-Single colours: Blue, sand (beige), earth (green), purple, gold, silver
-Black & red (Yuki Matsuda models)
-All-black in leather (50th anniversary Chilliwack as you posted above)
-Earnest Sewn Gold (pictured below)

I am likely missing a few.

Revisiting the topic of the absurdly expensive Chilliwack, check out this one that ended today on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/250979627367?ssP ... 1423.l2649

I've been watching this seller for ages and he/she somehow has a massive stash of Canada Goose and keeps selling them regularly. However, this might be the first auction that I've noticed ending WAY over the actual retail price. Given the abundance of single-digit feedback bidders, it might be shill bidding by dummy accounts bumping up the price like that. There is no reason a Chilliwack should go for $660 and have sixty bids on it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

FaizanF71359