Fashion & Apparel

[Merged] The Official Canada Goose Authenticity / Legit Check Thread

Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
According to those nice blog pics that mrseventee posted of his Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack (thanks for posting them by the way), the differences between it and a regular Chilliwack (besides the increase in price for this limited edition) are the following that I can see:

-Obviously, the use of the arctic/blue fox fur ruff instead of coyote.

-Black & white Arctic Program disc instead of the usual red/white/blue scheme. Haven't seen this black & white one on other jackets. I've seen monochromatic (one-colour) ones in various shades, all-black being the most common, and some all-blue, all-earth (green), and all-sand (beige/yellow).

-Water-proof, breathable, windproof G-Tech™ fabric with Teflon® fabric protector. Cannot really tell with photos though. I'd assume it feels different from a regular Chilliwack. Anyone want to chime in, mrseventee maybe?

-Subtle detail: The "golden goose" emblem on the zipper pull is actually white instead of gold!

Anything else? Contributing helps to immortalize the identifiers on the internet for future reference if someone is trying to research this particular limited edition Chilliwack, on which there is very little information.

Ladies' version is still available apparently: http://www.thetannery.com/ProductDetail ... &sid=38057
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 12:28 am
yep, Yuki Matsuda from last year, wore it last night.

Hah! Thought so! Good stuff.
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 12:25 am
Hope you like your jacket, feels great to own something most people don't have, doesn't it? ;)
As long as people avoid the bombers (I'm looking at you especially, regular Chilliwacks, of which I am guilty too because I do own one) and the Expedition to a slightly lesser degree, you'll own something most other Goose-wearing people don't.

We had our first snowfall today and so I wore my Manitoba. Good idea in the morning since it was pretty cold and it was gusty so the snow was coming down diagonally, but by evening, I was sweating bullets since it warmed up to the high single digits. Wacky weather and no single appropriate jacket to cover those kinds of bases... my search continues. Anyway, on the ride home, while I was trying to take a nap, the dude next to me was eyef*cking the hell out of the huge all-black patch on my left sleeve of my Manitoba... either I owned something he didn't have or he was trying to figure out what the hell was on my arm:

Nov 20, 2011
7 posts
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 12:30 am
According to those nice blog pics that mrseventee posted of his Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack (thanks for posting them by the way), the differences between it and a regular Chilliwack (besides the increase in price for this limited edition) are the following that I can see:

-Water-proof, breathable, windproof G-Tech™ fabric with Teflon® fabric protector. Cannot really tell with photos though. I'd assume it feels different from a regular Chilliwack. Anyone want to chime in, mrseventee maybe?

Anything else? Contributing helps to immortalize the identifiers on the internet for future reference if someone is trying to research this particular limited edition Chilliwack, on which there is very little information.

Before I forget, your site was a good read, I took away quite a bit from there. I was really paranoid and I checked the zippers, making sure the metal on the hood was legit, making sure the hood was down filled. Haha and you're certainly welcome for the pics...I'll be glad to take more photos with it actually on

I've never worn another chilliwack so I can't really do a comparison I did however did a water test. I poured a cup of water onto my my CG(i was scared...not gonna lie) and the water just rolled down to the lowest point....even after a minute...it didn't absorb(AMAZING) I picked up my jacket and literally shook it twice and everything was gone with the exception of really small water particles. Lastly, I too was skeptical about the fur, I took put some water on my hand, rubbed a bit on the fur. It clustered when wet but when it dried out, it was back to normal(yay its real assuming it didn't clump up) I'm glad that you all agree that its real. I can actually sleep tonight! =P
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
mrseventee wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 1:07 am
making sure the metal on the hood was legit,

Hold the phone! Do you mean to say that the shape of the fur is adjustable because there's a flexible metal bracing wire on the edge of the hood? Those are typically found on some of the more hardcore Canada Goose jackets such as the Snow Mantra, Resolute, and Expedition. This is not a standard Chilliwack feature. Very interesting if the Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack also has that.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9941 posts
830 upvotes
Nov 24th, 2011 12:50 am
Hah! Thought so! Good stuff.

As long as people avoid the bombers (I'm looking at you especially, regular Chilliwacks, of which I am guilty too because I do own one) and the Expedition to a slightly lesser degree, you'll own something most other Goose-wearing people don't.

We had our first snowfall today and so I wore my Manitoba. Good idea in the morning since it was pretty cold and it was gusty so the snow was coming down diagonally, but by evening, I was sweating bullets since it warmed up to the high single digits. Wacky weather and no single appropriate jacket to cover those kinds of bases... my search continues. Anyway, on the ride home, while I was trying to take a nap, the dude next to me was eyef*cking the hell out of the huge all-black patch on my left sleeve of my Manitoba... either I owned something he didn't have or he was trying to figure out what the hell was on my arm:

to be fair, when I got my Chilliwack, CG brand was not as hot as it is right now. at the time, I know 1 other friend who owns CG jacket. now... tons of people are wearing them. *sighs*
Nov 21, 2011
20 posts
VANCOUVER
meeting up with the seller tomorrow or friday to buy the small chilliwack.

doing more research as i always do before buying stuff, its starting to bug me after reading this,

http://canada-goose-forum.forumotion.ca ... e-s-sizing

i am his height, maybe a little shorter, and a little skinnier, and he said the S didn't fit him. it really sucks that i can't try the S on because the retailers are all sold out around here
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
Beight wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 11:04 pm
thanks for assuring me on the fit. pretty sure i will pick it up tomorrow then.

one last thing. i did get a chance to try on the S in the expedition. how does the fit compare to that?

Beight, I went back to read some of your earlier posts in this thread. I have a strong feeling the small Chilliwack will not fit you, and you are of a slightly slimmer stature than myself, and I wear an XS comfortably.

However, if you have a lot of liquid money and it's not going to affect your financial obligations and living expenses, I suggest that you buy it for $200 for the mere fact that that price is quite rare these days. You can buy it, take better photos of it, and flip it locally or online (such as eBay) for profit that you can use towards buying an extra-small Chilliwack brand new maybe. Or, you can buy it and then trade it in the BST subforum here on RFD (not sure if there are rules against new forum members selling things since I don't really visit that subforum) for one of your size.

A small Expedition is going to fit more relaxed than a small Chilliwack. The Expedition belongs in the "relaxed insulated" cut while the Chilliwack belongs in the "regular insulated" cut. For slim people such as you and me, we really have to choose one size down for the "regular insulated" and choose two sizes down for the "relaxed insulated" (you know this having read and linked my guide above). Remember that I wear a small Manitoba, XS Chilliwack, and would likely need an XXS Expedition if I didn't find that jacket repulsive. I would like to make you aware of some of the lesser worn jackets marked as "slim insulated" such as the Chateau, Calgary, Manitoba, Yukon (slightly slimmer and trimmer Chilliwack with ripstop nylon shell and removable hood... so it's actually more of a slimmed down Yorkville bomber with the Arctic Program disc on the left arm instead of right), Banff (discontinued), Citadel (which is a slimmed down Expedition), etc. Otherwise you are going to be swimming in an Expedition.

I don't want to be presumptuous, not having visited the Canadian west coast, but I was under the general impression that it's not very cold there in the winter, and is instead more damp. Canada Goose jackets are not exactly waterproof (other than perhaps the Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack which apparently has a waterproof, breathable, windproof G-Tech™ fabric with Teflon® fabric protector) and are typically treated with a DWR (durable water repellant) finish instead.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the article on Climate of Vancouver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver):
Despite normally mild winters, some winters see the arrival of cold arctic outflows from the interior of the continent that can sometimes last a week or more. The coldest month on record at Vancouver International Airport was January 1950, with an average low of −9.7 °C (15 °F) and an average high of −2.9 °C (27 °F), making for a daily average of −6.3 °C (20.7 °F). In 2010, Vancouver became the warmest city to date to host the Winter Olympics.
Damn, that is WARM for winter. The coats in the Arctic Down Collection may in fact be overkill, but please don't listen to me as it is your money in the end, and you could stand to come out ahead by merely acquiring this $200 Chilliwack and doing what you want with it. The Multi-Zone Collection may be more up your alley, although they don't come up for sale on the used market nearly as often as the winter coats.

Hope this helps.
Nov 20, 2011
7 posts
Nov 24th, 2011 1:14 am
Hold the phone! Do you mean to say that the shape of the fur is adjustable because there's a flexible metal bracing wire on the edge of the hood? Those are typically found on some of the more hardcore Canada Goose jackets such as the Snow Mantra, Resolute, and Expedition. This is not a standard Chilliwack feature. Very interesting if the Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack also has that.

Correction: By metal on the hood, I meant the Buckle. You did a great comparison and it was something so small I didn't check. but when i did I was glad it was real.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 1:18 am
to be fair, when I got my Chilliwack, CG brand was not as hot as it is right now. at the time, I know 1 other friend who owns CG jacket. now... tons of people are wearing them. *sighs*

What era is yours? I'm guessing "golden goose" logo era like mine? If it's from a time before then, I'd love to see photos. Have not yet seen a bomber from before the golden goose era... despite my imagining the Chilliwack has been around for some time.

I'm trying to determine around what year the company started including the official website URL stitched into the golden goose internal patch and onwards since then, which has given us Goose hunters a great and easy method of distinguishing false jackets from authentic.

I have two "Snow Goose of Canada" jackets, which were back before Metro Sportswear rebranded themselves as Canada Goose, and they don't have the website URL stitched onto the patch. I have not yet seen counterfeits of Snow Goose. This leads me to believe there was a marked time a number of years ago when Metro experienced the current and sudden explosion in popularity, essentially their breakthrough after decades of manufacturing outerwear purely for function (they didn't have their line of baseball caps and t-shirts back then obviously!). During this part of history, Metro rebranded everything to be Canada Goose (no more "Snow Goose of Canada"), used the golden goose emblem, and launched their website. Subsequently this sudden breakthrough for the company also resulted in the equally sudden widespread prominence of counterfeit Canada Goose (but of course no counterfeit Snow Goose as I mentioned earlier).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9941 posts
830 upvotes
Nov 24th, 2011 11:20 am
What era is yours? I'm guessing "golden goose" logo era like mine? If it's from a time before then, I'd love to see photos. Have not yet seen a bomber from before the golden goose era... despite my imagining the Chilliwack has been around for some time.

I'm trying to determine around what year the company started including the official website URL stitched into the golden goose internal patch and onwards since then, which has given us Goose hunters a great and easy method of distinguishing false jackets from authentic.

I have two "Snow Goose of Canada" jackets, which were back before Metro Sportswear rebranded themselves as Canada Goose, and they don't have the website URL stitched onto the patch. I have not yet seen counterfeits of Snow Goose. This leads me to believe there was a marked time a number of years ago when Metro experienced the current and sudden explosion in popularity, essentially their breakthrough after decades of manufacturing outerwear purely for function (they didn't have their line of baseball caps and t-shirts back then obviously!). During this part of history, Metro rebranded everything to be Canada Goose (no more "Snow Goose of Canada"), used the golden goose emblem, and launched their website. Subsequently this sudden breakthrough for the company also resulted in the equally sudden widespread prominence of counterfeit Canada Goose (but of course no counterfeit Snow Goose as I mentioned earlier).

not as old as the pre-golden goose period.

although i did want to get the snow goose one from Japan... alas, price of import would be horrible.
Nov 21, 2011
20 posts
VANCOUVER
Nov 24th, 2011 10:41 am
Beight, I went back to read some of your earlier posts in this thread. I have a strong feeling the small Chilliwack will not fit you, and you are of a slightly slimmer stature than myself, and I wear an XS comfortably.

However, if you have a lot of liquid money and it's not going to affect your financial obligations and living expenses, I suggest that you buy it for $200 for the mere fact that that price is quite rare these days. You can buy it, take better photos of it, and flip it locally or online (such as eBay) for profit that you can use towards buying an extra-small Chilliwack brand new maybe. Or, you can buy it and then trade it in the BST subforum here on RFD (not sure if there are rules against new forum members selling things since I don't really visit that subforum) for one of your size.

A small Expedition is going to fit more relaxed than a small Chilliwack. The Expedition belongs in the "relaxed insulated" cut while the Chilliwack belongs in the "regular insulated" cut. For slim people such as you and me, we really have to choose one size down for the "regular insulated" and choose two sizes down for the "relaxed insulated" (you know this having read and linked my guide above). Remember that I wear a small Manitoba, XS Chilliwack, and would likely need an XXS Expedition if I didn't find that jacket repulsive. I would like to make you aware of some of the lesser worn jackets marked as "slim insulated" such as the Chateau, Calgary, Manitoba, Yukon (slightly slimmer and trimmer Chilliwack with ripstop nylon shell and removable hood... so it's actually more of a slimmed down Yorkville bomber with the Arctic Program disc on the left arm instead of right), Banff (discontinued), Citadel (which is a slimmed down Expedition), etc. Otherwise you are going to be swimming in an Expedition.

I don't want to be presumptuous, not having visited the Canadian west coast, but I was under the general impression that it's not very cold there in the winter, and is instead more damp. Canada Goose jackets are not exactly waterproof (other than perhaps the Arctic Fox G-Tech Chilliwack which apparently has a waterproof, breathable, windproof G-Tech™ fabric with Teflon® fabric protector) and are typically treated with a DWR (durable water repellant) finish instead.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the article on Climate of Vancouver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver):

Damn, that is WARM for winter. The coats in the Arctic Down Collection may in fact be overkill, but please don't listen to me as it is your money in the end, and you could stand to come out ahead by merely acquiring this $200 Chilliwack and doing what you want with it. The Multi-Zone Collection may be more up your alley, although they don't come up for sale on the used market nearly as often as the winter coats.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, but it doesn't matter now. I was gonna grab it anyways just cause for 200$ I can't see it being a bad deal. I messaged her and she told me she sold it :\ o well

Thanks for the help guys, maybe i will get into one later. For now do you guys have other recommendations that are a lower price point? (Down+Fur) I dont need it that warm cause i live in vancouver
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9941 posts
830 upvotes
Beight wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 11:05 pm
Thanks, but it doesn't matter now. I was gonna grab it anyways just cause for 200$ I can't see it being a bad deal. I messaged her and she told me she sold it :\ o well

Thanks for the help guys, maybe i will get into one later. For now do you guys have other recommendations that are a lower price point? (Down+Fur) I dont need it that warm cause i live in vancouver

North Face? no real fur tho. Any other brand are ridiculous overpriced (more so than CG in most cases)

I'm sure you can find another use one, might not be as cheap, but it will last you years to come, (factoring those in, it'd be worth it)
Nov 21, 2011
20 posts
VANCOUVER
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 24th, 2011 11:41 pm
North Face? no real fur tho. Any other brand are ridiculous overpriced (more so than CG in most cases)

I'm sure you can find another use one, might not be as cheap, but it will last you years to come, (factoring those in, it'd be worth it)
maybe il look around. still pretty choked she just sold it before telling me. i was going to buy it too...

howabout penfield, are those good?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)